Xbox One S Easter Egg

GazzaGarratt

Microsoft have put a little Spartan protecting the new model they have produced. Easter eggs usually come in software so this is the first I've seen on hardware before. Neat little addition.

Co8feyLVYAE8R_x.jpg

Forum Signature Test.png

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sold!

I'm moving to Xbox, they sure know how to draw people in :lol:

You are right though, it is a nice little addition but i think they have bigger fish to catch or fry or poached or how ever you like your fish. I had to look back at the title as i forgot what this thread was about :lol: damn i feel under the weather today......or over the sun.....or in amongst the drizzle.

Most consoles do this now. Upgrade the storage up 1TB/2TB, go slimmer, change the colour, etc. I never found an upgrade to the latest-gen worth buying. Especially not for a few hundred squid.

Forum Signature Test.png

I can't believe how much slimmer the Xbox S is, that's a huge chunk!

I'm not surprised that you can't play 4K games on it, they've already had below par sales and i think they'd be worried that people wouldn't buy the next Xbox if they released 4K with this one. 

1 hour ago, tronic44 said:

I can't believe how much slimmer the Xbox S is, that's a huge chunk!

I'm not surprised that you can't play 4K games on it, they've already had below par sales and i think they'd be worried that people wouldn't buy the next Xbox if they released 4K with this one. 

Microsoft again wanting to be the "center of your living room." I'm just biting my tongue until they release their next console in what, 2022 around then as a "modular console" where you could switch parts in or out... you mean a pc? no... it's a console where you can change out ram and storage...so... a pc?

I'm calling it here boys, that's the next stunt MS will pull.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

I wouldn't put it past them, although still slightly better than apple. If they made a console they'd make you buy the disk tray seperate.

Speaking of calling it, that would be a good idea for a thread :)

I can't see the market for the Xbox One S at this time - people should stick with the standard system which is dirt cheap now or wait until the Xbox One Scorpio which will be a full 4K unit and 8 fudging teraflops! This XB1 S should have been what the original system was at launch and Microsoft were famous for this shit in the old gen with the Arcade, Core, Elite, Slim etc...The only selling point is a 4K player which is cheaper than mainstream market ones but even so; if people have a 4K TV and want the best out of gaming; just bloody wait as there is no point in watching movies in 4K and then playing videogames in sub full HD on a 4K TV with games running barely at 30fps. 

At least the power brick is finally gone on the S but if I was ever to go back to Xbox; I'd just wait for the Scorpio. 

I've considered getting one, I've a few friends who play cod on x1 and I really miss the xbox controller.

However my next purchase involving several hundred pounds is now more likely to be a new nvidia gpu. My 770 is excellent but starting to get a bit dated and that new 10 series has me drooling. 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 8/5/2016 at 7:19 PM, phil bottle said:

I've considered getting one, I've a few friends who play cod on x1 and I really miss the xbox controller.

However my next purchase involving several hundred pounds is now more likely to be a new nvidia gpu. My 770 is excellent but starting to get a bit dated and that new 10 series has me drooling. 

I also have a 770 and you know its becoming dated when the new games only run at high settings and you get like 40fps unlike the old days where it was ultra/very high all the way and 90fps at worst - they day I have to choose medium is the day I grab a GTX1080:lol: XB1s + Modern Warfare Remastered and it'll feel just like the old days!

It takes at least £1k in graphics cards alone to play games in 4k on a PC. Add another grand on top at least to keep those graphics cards cooled, powered and fed with pixels. Consoles won't be playing any thing at 4k for another decade, mark my words. 

banlol.png

39 minutes ago, Diddums said:

It takes at least £1k in graphics cards alone to play games in 4k on a PC. Add another grand on top at least to keep those graphics cards cooled, powered and fed with pixels. Consoles won't be playing any thing at 4k for another decade, mark my words. 

500.00 David, the 1070 would like to have a word with you.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

I've actually been thinking of getting one as I like the look of the new forza and I miss driving games but I don't want simulators but more arcade style but haven't tried or anything that takes my fancy on ps4.

But it might be nice to have the console for options .

1 hour ago, techno said:

I've actually been thinking of getting one as I like the look of the new forza and I miss driving games but I don't want simulators but more arcade style but haven't tried or anything that takes my fancy on ps4.

But it might be nice to have the console for options .

Honestly Gary, you should look to pick up DriveClub. You'll probably get it for a fiver now and it's one of the most supported games due to it's shite release. It's widely known to big driving gamers as a pretty decent game (now).

Also, Need for Speed is pretty arcadey, really easy to get into and you will always feel like you're progressing through the game.

Forum Signature Test.png

17 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Honestly Gary, you should look to pick up DriveClub. You'll probably get it for a fiver now and it's one of the most supported games due to it's shite release. It's widely known to big driving gamers as a pretty decent game (now).

Also, Need for Speed is pretty arcadey, really easy to get into and you will always feel like you're progressing through the game.

Definitely try DriveClub, i've still got that somewhere and would be well up for dusting it off. 

You can pick up a used copy for £6 off Amazon

9 hours ago, techno said:

Drive club and season pass 16 quid in psn store

That's a steal. Tbh you're making me think to reinstall it. :1_grinning: I also set up a FG club so i can invite you in (it means you can all the club races then).

Forum Signature Test.png

On Friday, September 09, 2016 at 9:08 AM, tronic44 said:

Do it! Reinstalled i!

On Friday, September 09, 2016 at 11:33 AM, techno said:

Will drop a dime on this later 

Just reinstalling now.

Forum Signature Test.png