Where is Xur and what does he have

TigerBurge

Here we go:

ABOUT TIME FOR AN AWESOME XUR WEEK...

Location: Go towards the tower hangar (red entrance) until you enter its main area, there should be a flight of stairs (right of the dead orbit vendor) leading down into a bar area, Xur will be at the back handing out space champagne

Main Wares

DRAGON'S BREATH

"He prefers not to take breath mints"

Exotic Rocket Launcher - 17 coins

302/331 attack (Solar)

- This rocket launcher can hold 3 shells in the tube

- Rounds fired from this weapon leave a solar flare upon detonation

DON'T TOUCH ME

"Courtesy of Space MC Hammer"

Exotic Hunter Gloves - 13 coins

333/366 Defence

LIGHT + 30/36

Discpline + 91/97

- Taking damage from a melee attack makes you briefly invisible

- Increased super energy from non-guardian kills

- Increased reload speed with special weapons (Looking at you patience and time)

STARFIRE PROTOCOL

"YOU GET A FUSION, YOU GET A FUSION, EVERYONE GETS A FUSION"

Exotic Warlock Chest - 13 Coins

444/488 Defence

LIGHT + 30/36

Intellect +144/155 (that's a high roll right there!)

- Gain an additional Fusion Grenade

- Carry more ammo for fusion rifles

- Carry more ammo for heavy weapons

MK.44 STAND ASIDES

"He's running in your crucible, shoulder charging your team mates up!"

Exotic Titan Boots - 13 coins

Light + 30/36

296/325 Defence

Strength +145/156 (Another high roll!)

- Increases the duration that Shoulder charge remains active

CRYPTACH'S ENGRAM

- BUY IT WHILE IT'S HOT

- MOTES ARE BACK IN ACTION

- MAY IT BLESS YOU WITH MANY EXOTIC HELMS

- CRYPTACHS BUSINESS BOOMS ONCE AGAIN

- COSTS 23 MOTES OF LIGHT

- GLOVE ENGRAM

EXOTIC UPGRADES

THE FOLLOWING EXOTICS CAN BE UPGRADED THIS WEEK FOR 1 EXOTIC SHARD AND AROUND 7K GLIMMER

WEAPONS:

- POCKET INFINITY

- THE LAST WORD

- UNIVERSAL REMOTE (HAS NOT BEEN SOLD BY XUR)

- PATIENCE AND TIME

- THUNDERLORD (HAS NOT BEEN SOLD BY XUR)

- GHJALLAHORN

ARMOR:

- KNUCKLEHEAD RADAR

- ACHLYPHAGE SYMBIOTE

- CREST OF ALPHA LUPI (TITAN)

- THE ARNAMENTARIUM

- HEART OF THE PRAXIC FIRE (HAS NOT BEEN SOLD BY XUR, I THINK)

- APOTHESIS VEIL

OTHER WARES

Fusion Rifle experience booster x5 - 1 coin

Auto Rifle experience booster x5 - 1 coin

Hand Cannon experience booster x5 - 1 coin

Heavy ammo synthesis IS NOT FOR SALE

Sparrow upgrades (speed and durability) Blue and green - 23 coins

Exotic shard - 7 Coins

URN OF SACRIFICE - 1 coin

DarthMaulTCW-IGN_zpshjlccuvn.jpg

Thanks for posting all of that Ryan.  

Not much I need or can afford right now.  I got the Ghjallahorn upgrade last week.  I'd like to have the Last Word upgraded, but I don't have the coins or glimmer.  I barely played Destiny this week.  Might see how many motes of light I have and pick up an engram.  I think I have 13 coins, so I might get some shards.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Just a quick note about Starfire Protocol, it doesn't stack with the extra grenade in the ability tree. Kinda sucks as i was looking forward to having 3 grenades

Thanks for the heads up.  That would be pretty sweet!  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Just a quick note about Starfire Protocol, it doesn't stack with the extra grenade in the ability tree. Kinda sucks as i was looking forward to having 3 grenades

Well that answers my question.

Still, it would allow you to use Touch of Flame or Angel of Light without giving up your second grenade. Heart of the Praxic Fire is still the best piece of kit though IMO.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

Jsin we miss you bud. Come back.

I miss you too bro, but I can't endorse this gaming model. Now I here tell of a massive disc based expansion coming next September that will probably have the price tag of a full game. Then, two more expansions after that leading into Destiny 2. How many times do you really want to re-level your Ice Breaker?

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

I miss you too bro, but I can't endorse this gaming model. Now I here tell of a massive disc based expansion coming next September that will probably have the price tag of a full game. Then, two more expansions after that leading into Destiny 2. How many times do you really want to re-level your Ice Breaker?

If Call of Duty is anything to go by... 10 or 12 (prestiges).  

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2r3dc1/bungie_when_how_drops_please_respect_our_time/

from Reddit

"Looking at this reddit, Bungie.net, my friends list, fan content and 3rd party tools, etc. it is abundantly clear that a lot of people play this game. For hundreds of hours. I dont know what it is, probably the loot system, but bungie has succeeded in keeping us hooked on this game.

Players play the raid many times each week, getting loot, getting upgrade mats, playing over and over again, using the utmost skill and top gear to be able to get through the raids so they can hit the highest level. We try over and over again. Then we hit max level after weeks of grinding. Grinding the raid, doing all the bounties, farming the materials, i cannot STRESS how much TIME millions of people pour into this game every day to make progress. And thats what this post is about.

Raid gear is becoming obsolete every 3 months, rendering all our hard work pointless, because you can go buy the (ugly) vanguard/crucible/faction gear. Im becoming less enthusiastic about making progress because i know making the same progress will be so much easier in a few months. I feel like a FOOL playing this game, trying to do bounties to level my gear because of this.

Please, respect the time we invest in this game and give us a reason to value our raid gear even after the cap is raised and a new raid is available. Make us feel like our time was well spent.

Here are some suggestions:

An upgrade mat that drops in the new raid(possible hard-mode only?) that allows us to upgrade our old raid gear. Keep the drop rate of this upgrade mat random, to ensure we are playing the raid, and make it so it can only be used once. This material bumps up once piece of raid gear's light level. [Example: The lvl cap is 32. I play crotas end, and by luck i get a material that had a chance to drop from crota. I spend this mat on my vog helmet, and it goes from 30-33 light, so it wont take you to 32, but instead 31, to ensure NEW raid gear is still valuable.] You may think this is dumb because vendor gear can take you to 31, but think of this as an alternative method. This way, i feel like it's fortunate that i grinded for this piece of raid gear beforehand, so now i wont have to grind vanguard marks and commendation, and i can still wear it if i like the look/perks/etc. A variation of this suggestion is that the upgrade mat only drops on VoG HM. I believe this will keep people playing old and new raids, will make them feel like they spent their time well, and prevent any raids from becoming obsolete.

For exotics, we should be able to upgrade any exotic we have equipped and approaching the gunsmith with a few requirements and materials, instead of trying to get lucky with a limited time vendor. This post is long enough, so i wont go into detail there.

Anyway thats all."

My suggestion would be, have a ton more weapons and armor. Make some over powered but the drop should be like point 1 percent.

Make this game subscription and drop content on a regular basis. I'll pay for dlc and subscription if it means new mini raids every quarter, new missions every month, more weapons and armor, more customizable characters and etc.

I can't say I haven't gotten my money's worth, I have buy I think this game can be much much more.

Here's another good read on the topic:  http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2r40ln/the_treadmill_comments_from_an_mmo_player/

Foreword

(If you don't really care about where I'm coming from with these comments, skip this section)

I am an avid gamer. I love any genre where you build or level your character (so, pretty much an RPG'er), but I'll play pretty much anything you put in front of me. When reading the body of my post, it might be relevant that I'll be comparing mechanics from past successful games that I have played, such as: FFXI, FFXIV, WoW, Borderlands, Diablo, NwN, any Bethesda game, any Bioware game, etc.

I was also very fortunate to be the age that I am; after college there was a boom in the business. Blizzard, recently on the success of their WoW franchise, was nabbing up MBA's like crazy. I've never been smart enough for the Super-Advanced-Theoretical-Calculus-Of-Wizards classes most Uni's require you to have for a Computer Science degree. So the tech field was pretty off limits to me. But when a friend shared with me the very real probability that I could win a position in a company like Blizzard with an MBA, I was excited and motivated. That set me on a course. Unfortunately, things didn't pan out and instead I landed in the energy sector after college. No complaints, I still love my job, but I wanted to mention this because I am very conscious that, at the end of the day, Bungie needs to make money. A game without income quickly loses development.

With that being said:

The Treadmill

(If you are from an MMO or familiar with the idea of the loot Treadmill, skip this section)

The Treadmill is a concept very familiar with most MMO players. It's the idea that, as long as the customer continues to pay, the developer will continue to produce content. In order to produce this content, the developer must continue to push the bounds in which the customer can achieve certain things. This can mean more skills, better equipment, higher levels, or different classes.

Destiny has decided to focus primarily on a level system revolving around equipment. This is acceptable, and can be seen in games like FFXIV where a player will EXP to a max level, and then fight to gain weapons that will further an secondary "Item Level" stat.

The beauty in the treadmill is the balance. In the one hand, you must hold something shiny for the player, i.e. items, levels, skills, etc. We'll call this "content". With the other, the developer must present challenges to the player so these things are not easily obtained (what's a game without challenge?). We'll call this "the Grind". Balancing the two is incredibly difficult. Too grindy, and the player is demotivated, less "sticky", and will leave your product. Not grindy enough, and the player completes all challenges quickly, which reduces their "stickiness" when there is nothing to do anymore. Content is content and, for all intents and purposes, will be held static for this conversation. Content is directly controlled by developers and I'm simply going to assume that because I do not have any information on the development, that the development is being managed to the best of Bungie's ability.

Mistakes Were Made

(I attempt to point out some flaws with the current Treadmill - If you don't like negativity, skip this section)

There were several mistakes that were made when TDB came out, from the business perspective that is.

1) Stickiness with the customer has been erased - This is a number one no-no. MMO's are known for their long runs because consumers simply feel like they have invested in their characters. FFXI is a 10+ year old game that still sucks $13/mo regularly out of their player base, plus any additional revenue for mini-expansions. WoW does the same. Why are people paying for 10-year old graphics and gameplay? Because people feel invested in their characters.

TDB rendered weapons obsolete or niche use only (or, at least this was the perception given to the customer base - I'm sure there are exceptions to the rules and all). Let's take a count of the casualties:

Axed all VoG armor - Vendor equipment is better.
Axed all Raid non-primary weapons, as vendor non-primary would see ~14% damage increase.
Created a system where all exotic weapons and armor needed to be RNG'd again, either through events or Xur. I know a counter argument is that there is a higher chance of getting the item rerolled from Xur, given you already own it. But as the math proves out, a player ends up paying more to upgrade than if they simply get the drop again. This means that, immediately after the expansion, the work an individual does on their Suros halts and the level 21 guy that just rolled one from a legendary engram actually has a weapon that is stronger and more powerful than the weapon that has been worked on for 3 months.
Raid primaries are now slotted to one aspect of the game - Nightfall with burns. Granted, some weapons are incredibly powerful (such as fatebringer) and it would take a very good hand cannon roll to beat it, but it's still possible.
So, what's my point? My point is that the current system erased the "work" players put into the last 3 months of the game. A lot of "elite gear" from the hardest challenge was cast aside. Currently, my character does not use a single piece of VoG gear unless it's a burn or I'm screwing around with my Ruin Wings and Corrective Measure. Bungie just invested a multi-million dollar media blitz to get people to buy that $60 "hook" on the fishing rod, and mid-cast, it was de-baited.

2) Not recycling content This has been standard practice in the MMO industry since forever and it appears Bungie has the perfect system for it. But Destiny is not taking full advantage of it. Think of Destiny's second-cousin-thrice-removed (in terms of the RPG-FPS genre), Borderlands. I never get tired of running through areas and blasting people in the face. Why? Because both the challenge and content are still there, even after the treadmill reset. Why? Because everything scales. A new DLC boosts my up by 12? Better go farm that Bee Shield again to get the level 72 version.

What happened when TDB released was tragic - it rendered a lot of the gear in VoG obsolete (to a point). I'm assuming the roadmap on this game is something like 2 years with a DLC dropping every quarter. Imagine 4 DLC's down the road - All that content you could have recycled. Every time a cap increase happens, they could have essentially "re-released" a raid. But they're all stuck at their old levels giving stale rewards that vendors can easily outmatch.

A Better Treadmill for Bungie and the Customer

(I attempt to make some suggestions, all other sections attempt to support these comments - if you skip this section, you really skipped the heart of the post)

This is what I suggest.

1) Make the "current raid" gear get you to the highest level/damage. This applies to weapons and armor. Let's all agree that this is the newest shiniest thing that Bungie wants you to buy and enjoy. You get a reward for finishing it - that reward being the best gear in the game. If we flashed forward to House of Wolves DLC, it would be like saying "Okay, weapons dropped from HoW Raid will give 360 damage, nothing else in the game can reach 360." or "Armor in HoW DLC will give 42 light (capable of attaining level 34 if all slots equipped)". This enforces the "build your character" aspect, rewards players for the newest challenges, and encourages customers to purchase the newest DLC.

2) Make "old raid" gear scaleable, but don't scale it to the difficulty of the newest raid. This should be a relatively easy fix - Just scale the hard mode up so that the mobs are a higher level. That's it. No fancy mechanic changes, no new bosses, nothing. Congrats, you just added tons of content for a tiny bit of effort. Same example with HoW, since HoW Raid should theoretically give customers level 34, scale CE to 32 content and VoG to 32. Of course, you do not want to have your players grind away at old content just so they can enjoy new content, so the drop rates should probably be increased (or a raid marks system be implemented so you can control the level progression).

3) Never make the vendor gear more powerful than the raid gear. Vendor gear represents no challenge whatsoever - all you need to do is grind commendations until your eyes bleed. This was a pretty heavy handed "Grind" aspect that players saw through very quickly. Going back to the old example of HoW, I'd say vendor equipment should be 31. I'm open to suggestion, though, and people could make the case for vendor eq 32 (just doesn't have all the fun perks that raid gear has).

4) Keep vendor eq on a subtle lag behind raid gear. I'd suggest 1 level behind the all previous raid gear. This will enable new players to quickly ascend to "raid" levels and allow them to participate in activities with their friends. You always want young blood to quickly get on par with their friends, but never want to forget those that have slaved over their characters. HoW example: new raid gear gets you 34, all old raid gear gets you 32, all vendor eq gets you 31.

This post was pretty much fueled by a post-New-Year's hangover, orange juice, and a Chicken Bagel from Chik-fil-A. Feel free to criticize it and what-not.

Here is Xur and his wares

Location: go towards tower hangar, once you get to the end of the corridor instead of going left towards tower hangar go to the right and xur will be in the corner waiting to be cheesed

Main Wares

THE LAST WORD 
"Story goes...he murdered the rest of the damn dictionary...."
Exotic Hand Cannon - 23 coins
302/331 attack (Kinetic)
- Bonus damage and stability. Extra Precision damage when firing from the hip
- This weapon has bonus accuracy while fired from the hip
- Can be fan-fired making this weapon semi-automatic (ish)

LUCKY RASPBERRY
"DISCLAIMER: LUCK SOLD SEPARATELY"
Exotic Hunter Chest - 13 coins 
444/488 Defence
LIGHT + 30/36
Intellect +149/160
- Arcbolt Grenade chains further. Spawn with grenade energy
- Carry more heavy ammo
- Carry more fusion rifle ammo

STARFIRE PROTOCOL 
"LOOKS LIKE FUSIONS ARE BACK ON THE MENU BOYS"
Exotic Warlock Chest - 13 Coins
444/488 Defence 
LIGHT + 30/36
Intellect +144/155 (exactly the same as last week!)
- Gain an additional Fusion Grenade
- Carry more ammo for fusion rifles

AN INSURMOUNTABLE SKULLFORT
"SPACE DISCO WITH ADDED STORM FIST COMING TO A CRUCIBLE NEAR YOU"
Exotic Titan Helmet - 13 coins 
Light + 30/36
407/447 Defence
Discipline + 104/112
- Melee hits restore grenade energy
- Replenish health when you pick up an orb
- Storm fist kills regenerate health. Spawn with grenade energy

CRYPTACH'S ENGRAM IS NOT HERE
- CANT BUY IT 
- MOTES AREN'T BACK IN ACTION
- MAY IT BLESS YOU WITH NO EXOTICS
- CRYPTACHS BUSINESS BOOMS LIKE NEVER
- COSTS 23 MOTES OF LIGHT
- NO ENGRAM

EXOTIC UPGRADES

THE FOLLOWING EXOTICS CAN BE UPGRADED THIS WEEK FOR 1 EXOTIC SHARD AND AROUND 7K GLIMMER

WEAPONS:
- THORN
- MIDA MULTI TOOL
- UNIVERSAL REMOTE (HAS NOT BEEN SOLD BY XUR)
- SUROS REGIME
- PLAN C
- GHJALLAHORN
- MONTE CARLO
- HARD LIGHT (XUR Y U NO SELL)

ARMOR:
- CREST OF ALPHA LUPI (HUNTER)
- SPINE OF YOUNG AHAMKARA
- INSURMOUNTABLE SKULLFORT (WHY, WTF LOL?)
- HELM OF SAINT-14
- HEART OF THE PRAXIC FIRE (HAS NOT BEEN SOLD BY XUR, I THINK)
- APOTHESIS VEIL

OTHER WARES

Scout Rifle experience booster x5 - 1 coin 
Shotgun experience booster x5 - 1 coin
Sniper Rifle experience booster x5 - 1 coin 
Sparrow upgrades (speed and durability) Blue and green - 23 coins 
Exotic shard - 7 Coins
HEAVY MOFO AMMO PACKS ARE FOR SALE EAT EM UP GUARDIANS -1 COIN
URN OF SACRIFICE - 1 coin

http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/70470920/0/0

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork