PS5 Pro

phil bottle

Games. Games. Games.

Can't see what a PS5 Pro can do really without better, exciting, enhanced games ready to come out and blow us away. Games will almost certainly dictate what people will play on...and I think they are forgetting not everyone that had a PS4 has a PS5 yet due to the sheer availability and cost of them for so long has been super high.

Forum Signature Test.png

A good choice for anyone who doesn't own a PS5 but wants one in the near future. Other than that, it's definitely not worth upgrading from a standard PS5 especially if the few current gen games available play the same essentially. These mid-gen console releases are nothing more than a marketing refresh rather than an extra step to build on existing hardware. 

I don't feel like any modern games really take advantage of the current systems in the first place, a pro will sell for the same reason pc gamers feel the need to buy top of the line hardware, bragging rights.

But I won't be picking one up, we need new games, something exciting and a bit innovative (Ratchet & Clank partially achieved that). But generally the software side of things has been really poor on consoles in recent years, there is an awful lot of shovelware appearing all over the place and the store fronts are not optimised very well to deal with it in the way that Steam is.

Luseth.png

On 3/29/2024 at 2:37 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

Games. Games. Games.

Can't see what a PS5 Pro can do really without better, exciting, enhanced games ready to come out and blow us away. Games will almost certainly dictate what people will play on...and I think they are forgetting not everyone that had a PS4 has a PS5 yet due to the sheer availability and cost of them for so long has been super high.

Just coming back to this thread to stress.

Games. Games. and more Games.

We don't need another console, we need the gaming market to start backing developers to push some limits as the market feels slightly stagnant right now.

Forum Signature Test.png

I think this is probably the most disappointing mid-gen we've ever had in gaming. The PS4/XB1 era is notorious for being the weakest, yet by the midway stage we'd already had Horizon Zero Dawn, Overwatch, Persona 5, Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, Metal Gear Solid 5, The Witcher 3, The Last of Us Remastered, Fallout 4, Doom, Dishonored 2 plus many more. Also games like God of War, Red Dead Redemption 2, Nier Automata and Spider Man, all of which were released around 2018 or before and concluded a very strong finale. Games evolved massively and really grew in ambition.  

Now the industry feels incredibly stagnated with few developers taking risks and everything feeling run of the mill. PS5's are turning into the ultimate dust collectors and Game Pass keeps stalling because people have played everything worth playing. Next two games I am playing are Age of Mythology 2 and Resident Evil 2 1999 and whilst Flight Sim 2024 looks promising and I may get BO6, it's not exactly anything revolutionary. 

On 8/19/2024 at 8:48 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

Just coming back to this thread to stress.

Games. Games. and more Games.

We don't need another console, we need the gaming market to start backing developers to push some limits as the market feels slightly stagnant right now.

Yeah it feels like we have some fantastic hardware currently but the only console I have been remotely excited for content on is the Switch.

Feels like Sony and microsoft have really lost what made earlier consoles so great, working with developers and such to push the boundaries of these machines, now it seem's like they are given the consoles and just told to crack on.

Luseth.png