Fallout - TV Series

12 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Goes officially live on Prime today, they brought it forward a day I think!

Yeah, all the episodes too apparently so you can binge to your heart's content 😄

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

• phil bottle changed the title to Fallout - TV Series

I watched the first 20 minutes yesterday and was quite enjoying it but the kids then became a pain in the ass so couldn't really get going. I am thinking I may suggest to the missus tonight we watch the first episode once the kids are asleep and give gaming a miss for the evening, see how far we go ^_^

Luseth.png

Just watched the first episode, was only gonna check out a few minutes, but it got me intrigued. Sure got potential. The Ghoul had a Freddy Krueger vibe 😄

Never played Fallout though so dont have any reference.

I've managed to watch 4 episodes. I wanted to watch a few before passing judgment. I didn't know what to expect but it's excellent.

I was worried to begin with that it might be a bit tame and I might find the characters annoying but no, it's gory, brutal, funny and I think they cast it very well, so yeah overall very happy so far.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 4/12/2024 at 11:57 PM, NCA-Paendrag said:

Never played Fallout though so dont have any reference.

Me neither, but I loved the first episode! I won't get many references but its good to know it feels like its a really good watch regardless if you have or haven't played the game.

I've managed to watch 6 episodes so far, I decided to pace myself after my initial splurge...although I'll probably watch the last couple back to back.

All I'll say is that it's a shame we'll probably have to wait a year for any more, so I'll likely have to reinstall a game now to get my fix 🙂

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 4/13/2024 at 10:21 AM, phil bottle said:

I've managed to watch 4 episodes. I wanted to watch a few before passing judgment. I didn't know what to expect but it's excellent.

I was worried to begin with that it might be a bit tame and I might find the characters annoying but no, it's gory, brutal, funny and I think they cast it very well, so yeah overall very happy so far.

Gory, brutal and funny definitely gonna check it out. Also hearing that you don't need to have played the games to enjoy it also helps. 

8 hours ago, techno said:

Gory, brutal and funny definitely gonna check it out. Also hearing that you don't need to have played the games to enjoy it also helps. 

Yeah I'd love to hear your thoughts if you watch it, been wondering what it's like for non Fallout players 👍

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Finished it last night and the inevitable sad feeling that another series isn't there to watch straight away kicked in. Safe to say its a fantastic and well made series, that explains the world of Fallout extremely well across the course of the entire series.

Having never been able to get past the character creation screen in Fallout, I didn't know anything much about the world of Fallout so its been a great insight into how things have been made. Like most series that hit super well with their first series, the challenge now is alot of the backstory and wow factor could be already known so really interesting to see if they can pull off a great second series now. I think the world looks like it can easily have 4-5 series in it but I suppose only the Fallout game experts will know how much has not yet been discovered! Maybe that gives me an even better feeling about the series going forward 😄

Spoiler

A great twist at the end of the series. I do wonder what will happen to her brother and how many of those Vault-Tec Executives are stuck inside there with him. I also am intrigued to understand how Maldover could live for so long, including her Dad? I guess will be explained in the next series perhaps?

Just finished it tonight and have to say even though for much of the series I had no clue what was going on I enjoyed it overall. I thought it started well went off the rails in the middle a little but the series was rounded off nicely. 

Definitely made a nice change to see something different as I've watched some crap lately *Gray*.

I will leave this here though, it's quite long but an interesting discussion, maybe not knowing much about the lore helped? 

Now I get some of the arguments against it but at the end of the day it's TV and tbh all TV suffers in a similar way imo. 

That Reaper just sounds like he'd find a problem in waking up in the morning and checking that he'd won the lottery. Like you say Gaz, its a TV show and the way that Reaper and MauLer pick the absolute fine detail out to the n'th degree is mindblowing. I do agree generally speaking that there were moments where it felt slightly overly whacky but the arguments are basically saying it should follow the game but not follow the game when it needs to be more realistic.

You can't take a Fallout world seriously and I got that vibe from the first parts of the first episode. Sometimes if it was set up incorrectly you can lose yourself in what feeling you are supposed to feel like.

Feel like those two need a Frankie Says Relax t-shirt 🤣