If I could remake any game....

So, out of curiosity and with remakes and remasters being front and centre of most new releases. If you could have a true remake of any video game (and it has yet to be done) what would it be?

There are 2 for me, Final Fantasy IX (and there are rumours of this) and Skull Caps, the latter being a strategy game that I loved for a spell when I was younger. It was simple and great fun to play!

Luseth.png

Rather than choosing my favourite and most iconic classic, I'm gonna select ones that would benefit and warrant more of a remaster. I'll also avoid games where I wouldn't be confident in finding a developer that could do the original justice. 

I'd firstly say Command and Conquer: Generals. Shocked this hasn't been remastered or remade to a degree as it's a rare RTS that combines real world elements and is still immensely popular. EA gave us a solid remastering of the original and Red Alert almost 4 years ago but nothing since. Even a basic remaster with QoL changes and modern support would be huge and a massive win for the genre. 

Lastly I will choose Resident Evil Code Veronica. I am confident this will be announced soon and it's the next logical one in Capcom's largely successful reboots. CV was a great game back on the Dreamcast and a huge step up visually compared to the likes of RE2 on the PS1. It had some massive flaws but these could easily be rectified. 

Those two I would be very happy with and that's about it off the top of my head. Max Payne 1 & 2 are confirmed in development by Remedy now which is absolutely huge as the series is coming home to a developer who is getting better and better. I would've said that otherwise as long as Rockstar had no business in it but they are in the works it seems. 

22 hours ago, Middle Class Caveman said:

Final Fantasy 10 and Command and Conquer: Red Alert

Good choices, that said I think 10 still holds up fairly well today with the PS4 remaster ^_^ Have played it a couple of times since the original launch.

Luseth.png

On 1/17/2024 at 11:43 PM, cyberninja2601 said:

Half-life + opposing force + blue shift

Change the script around a bit. Improve MP and you have a wonderful game

Opposing Force and Blue Shift are being remade with Valve's approval similarly to how Black Mesa was done.

STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Experience the Half-Life™ expansion packs like never before. Operation: Black Mesa features reimaginings of both Half-Life™ Opposing Force and Half-Life™ Blue Shift through two unique campaigns. How will you...

I'm sure we spoke recently about this and I'm loving the Command & Conquer vibes as that would always be my underrated special pick to be remastered. Crying out for a game like that with multiple discs of different forces you can be.

On 1/17/2024 at 8:42 PM, phil bottle said:

Any decent PES from 20-25 years ago 

Timesplitters 2

Hell effin' yes to these. @Findmartin would wholeheartedly agree with you given Master League PES was where it was at for us growing up for years. Timesplitters was an incredible game, campaign and the online multiplayer. One game I felt really really good at too.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

11 hours ago, Spacedeck said:

Still waiting on the Splinter Cell series remakes, one of my favourite series ever.

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

On 1/19/2024 at 7:30 AM, Luseth said:

Good choices, that said I think 10 still holds up fairly well today with the PS4 remaster ^_^ Have played it a couple of times since the original launch.

I think the graphics are cool but that voice acting needs updating 😂

signatures small.jpg