FG Game of the Year

WelchyTV

FG Game of the Year - Official Poll  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your 3 favourite games from 2023!

• Alan Wake 2
    • Baldurs Gate 3
    • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
    • Cocoon
    • Diablo 4
    • Dredge
    • Final Fantasy 16
    • Fire Emblem Engage
    • HiFi Rush
    • Hogwarts Legacy
    • Lies of P
    • Payday 3
    • Resident Evil 4 Remake
    • Sea of Stars
    • Spider-Man 2
    • Starfield
    • Star Wars: Jedi Survivor
    • Street Fighter 6
    • Warhammer 40K Boltgun
    • Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/08/2024 at 11:31 AM

The voting is now open for the official FG Game of the Year! 

Please vote for tour favourite 3 games on the poll. Please do not vote for more than 3! 

Some games were nominated but didn’t make the cut for various reasons, see the below list: 

Marvel Midnight Suns - 2022 release date 
Zero Seivert - 2022 release
Elden Ring - 2022 release
Escape from tarkov - released 2017
Teardown - 2020 release date 
Cyberpunk 2077 - 2020 release date 
Metroid prime remastered - a remaster … had to remove one more game to make the poll work!

The voting will close on 8th January! 

Whilst I’m here, I want to wish you all a happy and healthy new year! 

2 hours ago, WelchyTV said:

The voting is now open for the official FG Game of the Year! 

Please vote for tour favourite 3 games on the poll. Please do not vote for more than 3! 

Some games were nominated but didn’t make the cut for various reasons, see the below list: 

Marvel Midnight Suns - 2022 release date 
Zero Seivert - 2022 release
Elden Ring - 2022 release
Escape from tarkov - released 2017
Teardown - 2020 release date 
Cyberpunk 2077 - 2020 release date 
Metroid prime remastered - a remaster … had to remove one more game to make the poll work!

The voting will close on 8th January! 

Whilst I’m here, I want to wish you all a happy and healthy new year! 

I could be pedantic and say Tarkov and Seivert are both in Beta and not released on the dates you state. But by the same token they're unreleased games and can't feature anyway. Not to mention this is all moot as I'm the only one who plays them 🤣

But cheers for sorting this out, shame a few more didn't manage to enter nominations 👏👊

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I know there was some really good releases this year, but Sea of Stars just hit me in the feels with that nostalgia of sitting in front of a TV when I was young, playing some SNES gems.  Beauty 2D art/graphics.  Wonderful score, and a great story with some excellent gameplay.  

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

40 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

I could be pedantic and say Tarkov and Seivert are both in Beta and not released on the dates you state. But by the same token they're unreleased games and can't feature anyway. Not to mention this is all moot as I'm the only one who plays them 🤣

But cheers for sorting this out, shame a few more didn't manage to enter nominations 👏👊

Yeah games like Tarkov and Seivert are difficult as they are in Beta, then you have other games in early access. Then you have Games like Fortnite that continué to reinvent themselves every year! 

Hopefully this final list is a pretty good representation of the Forever Gaming community! 

25 minutes ago, Riff Machine said:

I know there was some really good releases this year, but Sea of Stars just hit me in the feels with that nostalgia of sitting in front of a TV when I was young, playing some SNES gems.  Beauty 2D art/graphics.  Wonderful score, and a great story with some excellent gameplay.  

I voted for Sea of Stars too, I absolutely loved it! Whilst I wasn’t really satisfied with the ending, the full journey The game takes you in os simply brilliant! 

I voted but realise I messed up one of my votes and put Final Fantasy XVI, I should have picked Hogwarts Legacy woops!

My other 2 choices are Baldurs Gate 3 and Fire Emblem Engage, I played Baldurs gate in turn based and I tend to enjoy more strategic combat so you can see why Fire emblem was my other pick. Both games were great in there own way -

Baldurs Gate 3 - The relationships between characters, the creativity in how you can approach quests, I even got around one boss I was struggling with by talking to him with one person and then pushing him off a cliff with another. If anyone ends up picking this up on PS5 I would be up for playing a co-op playthrough and approaching things a bit differently ^_^

Fire Emblem Engage - The story is decent, the colours are wonderful and happy and it keeps a particularly refined combat system going along lovely.

Luseth.png

My voting is slightly unfair as you'll see.

I voted for Alan Wake 2 because my company worked on it, Baldurs Gate 3 because my mate Neil won best actor for his role in it and Zelda because it's the only game on there I've played and it's brilliant.

6 hours ago, Luseth said:

Baldurs Gate 3 - The relationships between characters, the creativity in how you can approach quests, I even got around one boss I was struggling with by talking to him with one person and then pushing him off a cliff with another. If anyone ends up picking this up on PS5 I would be up for playing a co-op playthrough and approaching things a bit differently ^_^

This is why i'm buying it and looking forward to it even more now I know you can play turn based.

3 hours ago, tronic44 said:

Zelda because it's the only game on there I've played and it's brilliant.

I don't know how you coped with the breaking weapons mechanic, killed all the fun I was having on the first one for me!

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

7 hours ago, Luseth said:

I voted but realise I messed up one of my votes and put Final Fantasy XVI, I should have picked Hogwarts Legacy woops!

My other 2 choices are Baldurs Gate 3 and Fire Emblem Engage, I played Baldurs gate in turn based and I tend to enjoy more strategic combat so you can see why Fire emblem was my other pick. Both games were great in there own way -

Fire Emblem Engage - The story is decent, the colours are wonderful and happy and it keeps a particularly refined combat system going along lovely.

Thanks for letting me know, I will make a note to remove a count from Final Fantasy 16 and add one to Hogwarts Legacy! 

Thanks to everyone who has voted so far! 

16 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I don't know how you coped with the breaking weapons mechanic, killed all the fun I was having on the first one for me!

It is very frustrating but I liked the added challenge, I haven’t touched it in a while now and no idea how far along I am in the game.

The poll is now CLOSED! 

Thanks to all who voted, and sorry for anyone who didn’t get the chance too but had it close it at some point! 

You can see the results above, but I will make a video to present the results anyway! Watch this space. 

Ok so the video is practically ready to go. I will be uploading it to YouTube and to this website. I just wanted to check that it is ok for me to use the Forever Gaming Logo on the Thumbnail for the video? 

I assume it would be but thought it’s better to double check! If someone can let me know that would be great and il have the video uploaded soon!

1 hour ago, WelchyTV said:

Ok so the video is practically ready to go. I will be uploading it to YouTube and to this website. I just wanted to check that it is ok for me to use the Forever Gaming Logo on the Thumbnail for the video? 

I assume it would be but thought it’s better to double check! If someone can let me know that would be great and il have the video uploaded soon!

Yes its fine to use for just this video @WelchyTV, thanks for offering to do this.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Here it is, the Forever Gaming’s Game of the Year video! 

I really hope you all enjoy, I have enjoyed the whole game of the year process and making the video! 

Please do give me any feeeback, both positive and negative/constructive. I would love to do this again for you all at the end of 2024 so would love to get some feedback to improve! 

I have posted the link to the FG video below, and also the YT link if anyone wants to watch there. 

Once again, thank you all for participating in the Game of the Year voting, I’m sorry if your favourite game didn’t make the cut but I hope you enjoyed it anyway! 

2 hours ago, WelchyTV said:

Here it is, the Forever Gaming’s Game of the Year video! 

I really hope you all enjoy, I have enjoyed the whole game of the year process and making the video! 

Please do give me any feeeback, both positive and negative/constructive. I would love to do this again for you all at the end of 2024 so would love to get some feedback to improve! 

I have posted the link to the FG video below, and also the YT link if anyone wants to watch there. 

Once again, thank you all for participating in the Game of the Year voting, I’m sorry if your favourite game didn’t make the cut but I hope you enjoyed it anyway! 

Nice work mate, liked and subbed 👊

jeffersonclasswar.jpg