Gran Turismo race night

phil bottle

Summer's coming to an end and I'm thinking of doing a GT7 night. Let me know if anyone's up for it and what night they can't do.

Thinking of either a Tuesday or Saturday, though could possibly do Thursday as well. In September that is.

If we have at least 4 or 5 of us minimum then it's a goer. 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

@phil bottle, I suggest we go for something in September and see how it goes. I would love us to try a Tuesday and then a Saturday perhaps through Septmeber, so we get to see who actually can make different days. 4 different dates for 4 different weeks I was thinking? @Lurchzy was helping get some pics for the events and I'll start nudging more GTers to get their asses back in the swing of this. 👊

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

@crispymorgan @crippled_viper @JBR-Kiwi @Misneach_ @Mikepjbell @Bluebear @TurboR56Mini @Macca89 @G_dub52 @Luseth putting you all on notice to look out for events in September. Get your arses available for some of these race nights.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

23 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

@crispymorgan @crippled_viper @JBR-Kiwi @Misneach_ @Mikepjbell @Bluebear @TurboR56Mini @Macca89 @G_dub52 @Luseth putting you all on notice to look out for events in September. Get your arses available for some of these race nights.

When in September. I'm out most of September for work. If it's a weekend then possibly more than likely I'll be able to attend.

42 minutes ago, crippled_viper said:

When in September. I'm out most of September for work. If it's a weekend then possibly more than likely I'll be able to attend.

We'll be doing Tuesdays and possibly Saturdays, if Saturday is any good for you?

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

2 minutes ago, crippled_viper said:

Nevermind. I searched my garage under category and I have 1

Here's a tip for you as the Gr.3 & 4 cars cost around 400k.

To earn money I do a race at 

Circuit de la Sarthe that pays out 850k. It's a 30 minute race but probably the quickest way to build up credits. Note, the race says its a 550k payout but you also get a clean race bonus that tops it up.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

5 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Here's a tip for you as the Gr.3 & 4 cars cost around 400k.

To earn money I do a race at 

Circuit de la Sarthe that pays out 850k. It's a 30 minute race but probably the quickest way to build up credits. Note, the race says its a 550k payout but you also get a clean race bonus that tops it up.

What are people using for their Gr.3 or Gr.4 cars? How much HP and mods are you running? So with mine the way it is I think I should just race it. It should be good for the types of races we are doing?

11 minutes ago, crippled_viper said:

What are people using for their Gr.3 or Gr.4 cars? How much HP and mods are you running? So with mine the way it is I think I should just race it. It should be good for the types of races we are doing?

The way the online races are set up, we use BOP, balance of performance, which adjusts weight and power so that all cars in the race are similar. 

But the races we do are by category, so if it's a Gr.3 race it needs to be  Gr.3 car, same with Gr.4.

Toyota, Nissan and Porsche tend to be strong all round on most tracks but for me it depends which car you feel most comfortable in.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

7 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

The way the online races are set up, we use BOP, balance of performance, which adjusts weight and power so that all cars in the race are similar. 

But the races we do are by category, so if it's a Gr.3 race it needs to be  Gr.3 car, same with Gr.4.

Toyota, Nissan and Porsche tend to be strong all round on most tracks but for me it depends which car you feel most comfortable in.

So purchased a Gr.3 Brz and I suck. Last place in a race. I tend to do better with the drifty, sliding around style. So rally racing and the truck racing.