Modern Warfare III

J4MES OX4D

18 hours ago, techno said:

Like @cyberninja2601I'll just play through for the shit you get and someone to pass some time as I've really no reason to play mw2 again.

I can’t even do that. Unless I’m in Stevie W. mode, I can’t see an option to enter a code. I’ve pre-ordered at Smyths, used a code to play the beta but it won’t let me play the campaign early. Keeps taking me to a pre-order the most expensive option page. Any ideas?

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

4 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

I can’t even do that. Unless I’m in Stevie W. mode, I can’t see an option to enter a code. I’ve pre-ordered at Smyths, used a code to play the beta but it won’t let me play the campaign early. Keeps taking me to a pre-order the most expensive option page. Any ideas?

Did you pre-order the physical edition Dave? If so, you'll have to wait until the game arrives in the post on launch day to play it. Anyone that pre-ordered digitally were able to add the game to their accounts early and then install the campaign during the early access period. 

4 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Dunno as it's just in the mw2 start menu 🤷

1 hour ago, MrBiron said:

Safe to say the campaign is utter dogshit. The first mission was decent but I got 10 mins into the third and gave up. It's basically just doing DMZ solo. 

It did feel like DMZ. But I did finish the campaign. Any of the orange loot boxes you opened you received a unique weapon that will carry forward to multiplayer. Plus the unlocks for each mission you complete you get rewards.

1 hour ago, MrBiron said:

Safe to say the campaign is utter dogshit. The first mission was decent but I got 10 mins into the third and gave up. It's basically just doing DMZ solo. 

I managed to watch the whole thing on YouTube - seems like there's only about 3-4 traditional COD missions (which weren't great either) and the others are just lame padding using Warzone assets that offer nothing to the story or wider narrative. This nauseating obsession with armour plates is also getting a bit cringe now too. This campaign was definitely the MW2 DLC (and definitely unfinished) to introduce Makarov, but now they'll have to make MW4 to tie the thing off when the real MW3 was likely supposed to be out in 2025. 

They've thrown the brand under the bus and made series look a shambles all because they didn't have the balls just to sell it as a premium DLC and take the hit from the people they disappointed with MW2 not wanting to buy into the new content. They'll get away with it still but this is just another example of the community being completely screwed and let down. 

44 minutes ago, crippled_viper said:

It did feel like DMZ. But I did finish the campaign. Any of the orange loot boxes you opened you received a unique weapon that will carry forward to multiplayer. Plus the unlocks for each mission you complete you get rewards.

Where did you see that about the orange boxes?  I haven’t but I haven’t been paying attention. 

I completed the campaign. It was a dmz tutorial set on easy. I think if you play dmz and did shadow company and crown missions you appreciate the story line a bit more but I think the 4/10 review rating is well deserved. 

Based on what you said I can see a point for the campaign as a looting excersice but little else 

4 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I managed to watch the whole thing on YouTube - seems like there's only about 3-4 traditional COD missions (which weren't great either) and the others are just lame padding using Warzone assets that offer nothing to the story or wider narrative. This nauseating obsession with armour plates is also getting a bit cringe now too. This campaign was definitely the MW2 DLC (and definitely unfinished) to introduce Makarov, but now they'll have to make MW4 to tie the thing off when the real MW3 was likely supposed to be out in 2025. 

They've thrown the brand under the bus and made series look a shambles all because they didn't have the balls just to sell it as a premium DLC and take the hit from the people they disappointed with MW2 not wanting to buy into the new content. They'll get away with it still but this is just another example of the community being completely screwed and let down. 

The amour plates is total dmz. They are essential in dmz

10 minutes ago, cyberninja2601 said:

Where did you see that about the orange boxes?  I haven’t but I haven’t been paying attention. 

I completed the campaign. It was a dmz tutorial set on easy. I think if you play dmz and did shadow company and crown missions you appreciate the story line a bit more but I think the 4/10 review rating is well deserved. 

Based on what you said I can see a point for the campaign as a looting excersice but little else 

Sorry misinterpreted that. These unique guns will be unlocked for campaign and you can change your load outs. So if you wanted to redo certain missions you can go into the menu and change your whole load out using those guns that you have found.

I just finished the campaign, that's all that needs to be said really, imo it's no more or less than any other cod campaign in its basically run through it once and then forget it exists. However tho a pain at first I actually didn't mind the open world stuff, I never bother with DMZ, that said the more I got towards the end I  realised it's easier to just murder everyone.

However for anyone willing to run it there is a cut scene after the first credits, although it probably plays if you skip them maybe someone can confirm?

I played for a few hours yesterday. Tried Core to start with but the TTK just pissed me off. So I jumped into Hardcore and enjoyed the game a lot more.

One thing I don't like is that the colours in the game are very dull. All brown and grey. I wish it was a bit more vibrant.

fart.gif

41 minutes ago, MrBiron said:

I played for a few hours yesterday. Tried Core to start with but the TTK just pissed me off. So I jumped into Hardcore and enjoyed the game a lot more.

One thing I don't like is that the colours in the game are very dull. All brown and grey. I wish it was a bit more vibrant.

Didn't take you long to switch to Hardcore. 😅

As ever with CoD the hit detection is meh.  Dying to what feels, and weirdly occasionally sounds like, a sniper shot but seeing the kill cam and it shows you getting hot 4 or 5 times.  Yet other games, going on a spree knowing the enemy team are probably at the end of the horrible deaths.

That said overall, I enjoyed what I played last night and great to be playing the old maps again.  The new unlock system is weird in that it doesn’t really tell you what to do or how to do it - in that it says complete 3 daily challenges to unlock.  Which I unlocked but as far as I can tell I didn’t complete any daily challenges so I dunno.  But I like the system in general, being able to unlock the perks, greades, kill streaks etc. you want rather than just grinding levels unlocking loads of stuff you’re not going to use to get to the stuff you want.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

4 hours ago, MrBiron said:

Go and customize. I believed you can competely change the colors if you wanted to

51 minutes ago, Greboth said:

As ever with CoD the hit detection is meh.  Dying to what feels, and weirdly occasionally sounds like, a sniper shot but seeing the kill cam and it shows you getting hot 4 or 5 times.  Yet other games, going on a spree knowing the enemy team are probably at the end of the horrible deaths.

That said overall, I enjoyed what I played last night and great to be playing the old maps again.  The new unlock system is weird in that it doesn’t really tell you what to do or how to do it - in that it says complete 3 daily challenges to unlock.  Which I unlocked but as far as I can tell I didn’t complete any daily challenges so I dunno.  But I like the system in general, being able to unlock the perks, greades, kill streaks etc. you want rather than just grinding levels unlocking loads of stuff you’re not going to use to get to the stuff you want.

Go to the progression option. In next to social and customization. If you look at that it tells you the progression for up to level 55, the guns, the operators, the missions and a bunch of other things. 

I played it. It was OK but nothing great. I used the new guns and the old guns. 

The TTK for me was better this time as compared to Beta. I am using snipers and the M4. Snipers are a one hit Kill.  I probably would enjoy it more if I had teams that play the objective and weren't so stupid. Why play domination if you can't be bothered to get onto the flag when you spawn right next to it

Zombies are a disappointment so far.  They aren't as intense or fun as regular zombies. The maps is much to large and you can simply run away or drive over them with a car.  Unlike DMZ other players will not be able to attack you so it isn't as intense. 

I think I made it to level 16. 

I don't see myself playing this as much as did MWII

Well it didn't take long for some to find a glaring issue with the progression system and tbh he's right. Having played yesterday I already prefer this over mw2 simply due to the maps. Also sbmm 🤣🤣 they really need to tone that shit down.

However

3 hours ago, techno said:

Well it didn't take long for some to find a glaring issue with the progression system and tbh he's right. Having played yesterday I already prefer this over mw2 simply due to the maps. Also sbmm 🤣🤣 they really need to tone that shit down.

However

I have not been paying attention to the unlock but I don't see his issue being an issue. Go and unlock everything up to level 55, the very next day do your 3 daily challenges, isn't that going to unlock everything that you needed that challenge for and unlike his rant you won't have to wait until Christmas but you will need to wait a single day? 

1 hour ago, cyberninja2601 said:

I have not been paying attention to the unlock but I don't see his issue being an issue. Go and unlock everything up to level 55, the very next day do your 3 daily challenges, isn't that going to unlock everything that you needed that challenge for and unlike his rant you won't have to wait until Christmas but you will need to wait a single day? 

Your right you haven't been paying attention.

You have to do the daily challenges for every item, attachment, perk gear , and now I can't do my daily challenges because one of the items is locked behind needing to do daily challenges....it's fucking dumb. 

As for wins counting ...not for me it seems so not sure what's broken there.🤷

12 hours ago, techno said:

Your right you haven't been paying attention.

You have to do the daily challenges for every item, attachment, perk gear , and now I can't do my daily challenges because one of the items is locked behind needing to do daily challenges....it's fucking dumb. 

As for wins counting ...not for me it seems so not sure what's broken there.🤷

I'm a total noob with this cod and out the loop, but say one of the daily challenges is something like flashbang 3 enemies. 

If you don't have flashbangs unlocked, could you not use one of the default classes that has it to unlock it? 

Maybe I'm missing something here. 

I've barely played the game yet so I don't know lol. 

1 hour ago, IRaMPaGe said:

I'm a total noob with this cod and out the loop, but say one of the daily challenges is something like flashbang 3 enemies. 

If you don't have flashbangs unlocked, could you not use one of the default classes that has it to unlock it? 

I'm sure you should be able to yes great call. Normally once I unlock create a class I forget those exist. Also just realized my wins weren't counting because I hadn't done 3 daily challenges🙄👍

4 hours ago, IRaMPaGe said:

Challenges like these have been pretty much hit and miss in the past because they are bugged or the developers haven't coded them to unlock outside of the custom class setup. Theoretically it should unlock by using default classes but unfortunately its down to whether the devs have ballsed it up or not. At least it can be tried for one game and if it doesn't work then you know its screwed rather than persistently trying with a dud class to no avail.