🎲 Dungeons and Dragons Night! 🐉

Lurchzy

17 hours ago, Greboth said:

I think I'm supposed to be out for a bday on Saturday but I'm interesting in joining this in the future as I've played other tabletop RPG's but never DnD.  I'll try and confirm asap about Saturday though.

No problem mate — would be great to see you there, if you can make it.

Meet Greboroth, A ranger and the bastard son of a Noble elf and his human mistress.

https://www.dndbeyond.com/sheet-pdfs/Greboroth_105073996.pdf

Greboroth.thumb.jpg.08dd491ba79ae0d4da79f7dcf2372b35.jpg

Embarrassed and disowned by my father I hide my elf heritage as I wander from town to town tracking and killing the monsters and evil that walk in the wilds.  I prefer to be alone in the wilds but the towns I find along the way do provide a good, warm, and safe nights rest.  Not to mention mead!  Unfortunately on this night, I found myself drinking in a strange dwarf tavern.  I knew I wasn't welcome as the sign hung above the door read 'no pointy ears' but I knew if I kept my ears covered I could pass as human and the Dwarves make the best mead.  I drank one cup of mead, then two, three and four...drinking until the dawn.  Seeing the sunrise I knew it was time to leave but in getting up to leave in my drunken state, I slipped on the mead all over the table and falling to the floor I revealed my elvish side to the tavern.  Instantly I could feel every Dwarves blood boil at an Elf in their tavern so I tried to make a run for it but I couldn't run faster than their axe which hit me in the back.  As I lay dying, I heard the Dwarf walk over and mumbled that no-one is welcome in a tavern full of drunken dwarves.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

fotor_1690394338092.thumb.jpg.91a331e84a3801449f655495218cc6b2.jpg

𝙕𝙮, the enigmatic Tiefling Sorcerer.

He stands ominously tall at 7 feet and 2 inches. His skin, a striking bleach white with subtle patterns resembling coiling black dragons, matches the intensity of his deep, starless black eyes.

Zy exudes an aura of power and mystery, drawing others in while maintaining an air of distance. Despite his imposing appearance, he struggles to connect emotionally with others due to his commitment to logic above all else. Zy made a life-altering Faustian pact, trading his soul to the Black Dragon Monastery for unparalleled knowledge and magical prowess. Now, driven by the desire to reclaim his soul and prove his worthiness, he treads a fine line between good and evil in pursuit of his ambitions, making him an unpredictabe and sometimes evil friend.

https://www.dndbeyond.com/characters/104763829/uPjvg4

2 hours ago, Lurchzy said:

fotor_1690394338092.thumb.jpg.91a331e84a3801449f655495218cc6b2.jpg

Zy, the enigmatic Tiefling Sorcerer.

He stands ominously tall at 7 feet and 2 inches. His skin, a striking bleach white with subtle patterns resembling coiling black dragons, matches the intensity of his deep, starless black eyes.

Zy exudes an aura of power and mystery, drawing others in while maintaining an air of distance. Despite his imposing appearance, he struggles to connect emotionally with others due to his commitment to logic above all else. Zy made a life-altering Faustian pact, trading his soul to the Black Dragon Monastery for unparalleled knowledge and magical prowess. Now, driven by the desire to reclaim his soul and prove his worthiness, he treads a fine line between good and evil in pursuit of his ambitions, making him an unpredictabe and sometimes evil friend.

https://www.dndbeyond.com/characters/104763829/uPjvg4

After Zy sold his soul to the Black Dragon Monastery, he was immediately ambushed by the cult and murdered in the shadows. Leaving his soul in the overworld.

Titanus was born into a poor family. 6 years after his birth, his father was killed by soldiers whom were left to run rampant among the villages of the kingdom.

Titanus vowed to protect his mother and get his revenge upon the tyrant that set those human monsters loose on the people.

He joined the Fighter's Guild aged 7 and worked hard to get into peak physical health. By age 17, he had fought his way through the entire Guild and grew a name for himself.

Although known as the champion of his town at the age of 23, the people of the wider kingdom had only heard stories of the warrior named Titanus.

It was time to set off on his journey to avenge his father and make the tyrant rue the day he set those animals upon the kingdom.

--------------

No more than 3 days journey from his village, Titanus arrives in the town of Finglas and sees a group of horses outside the tavern bearing the sigil of the King. After a decade of training, this is moment he's waited for. His revenge starts now.

Titanus jumps off his horse but lands wrong on his ankle. A sharp pain tore through him as his bone pierces skin. On the ground helpless, the kingsmen exit the tavern and spot him.

Laughing and joking, they approach. Titanus watches as they loot his supplies from the horse unable to stop them. Another sharp stab of pain as a blade enters his chest, just below his heart.

Titanus lies there, vision fading as the sound of laughter becomes more distant.

fotor_1690395277065.jpg

Untitled.thumb.jpg.f34a83efb6967bf9a2b5ae9eb62a7ba1.jpg

My character reached level 5 in an epic duel with a necromancer that had just raised an army of undead dragons to destroy the realm, on defeating the necromancer the dragons fade away saving the realm. The army he fought side by side with erupts in celebration only for them to watch on as the hero slips on the way down the castle stairs, tumbling down he bashes his head off the steps and dies instantly.

Luseth.png

What a fantastic evening, thank you so much @Luseth @Lurchzy @TheMuggySpud and @Greboth for your attendance and effort. 

despite being your first game you played really well and you put several smiles on my face throughout! Well done! 

signatures small.jpg

So off the back of Saturday's DnD night, my wife was paying attention throughout it seems and she has been chatting to me about it since and want's to give it a go herself ^_^ So if we do this again in the future I have another player 🙂 We have also ordered one of the starter kits so we can have a play at home (my brother's joining us too) so that should be good fun!

I think @Lurchzy need's to plan another night to complete this as well 🙂 Maybe sometime in September? (I imagine people are on holiday's over the next month or so).

But yeah it was great fun and definitely something I'd do again.

Luseth.png

Chatting about it the other day, I think we all played it a little too video game linearly (go here, do this, go there, kill that) rather than taking advantage of the openness it offers.  As Elliott was saying, at the end, about some of the things we could have done.  Also I watched a little of Critical Role's season 3 campaign, not so much for the entertainment of it, but it's interesting seeing how they play in terms of interaction with each other, asking more in character questions to the DM or even more random things like pickpocketing an NPC, going to get a beer mid quest or even just walking off as a fight takes place.  But all that is going to come with experience of DnD as it was quite bitty as we kept needing to ask questions on what to do or what we could do.  Not to mention more familiarity with your character and getting used to playing that role.

But it has definitely piqued my interest and would definitely be down to having another go.  I appreciate for our first go, or goes, a one and done is best but I do see the appeal of a much longer campaign though, this is FG, so we'd never manage to organise it for more than a few weeks 😄 

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

6 hours ago, Lurchzy said:

Right, holiday season is nearly over, so let's get this campaign finished! @Middle Class Caveman can let me know what dates you're available and I will set up a Poll and Event.

Another Saturday night would be a winner for me! Any Saturday in September except the 2nd works 

signatures small.jpg

So the second part is to be played this coming Sunday 🙂 I am quite looking forward to dying....

On a serious note I did enjoy the first part though I think we were very much finding our feet. I don't know about the other guy's but it definately stoked my interest and I like the idea of having a regular group playing (how that pans out with home life though is probably the issue). My wife has also shown interest and it has led us onto a new hobby in which we have been creating, buying and painting various models such as D&D and warhammer. My wife is definately better at painting than I am but I have done 1 or 2 and have a set still to build and paint.

But yeah I am quite looking forward to this Sunday ^_^ If it goes well I'd definately be up for future sessions, maybe even doing them in person as well seeing as a few of us don't live all that far apart. We just need to convince Elliot to carry on being DM or see if any of us would be willing to give it a go!

Also I have 4 sets of D&D dice already, I feel like that is a bit of a rabbit hole if I'm being honest....

Luseth.png

14 hours ago, Luseth said:

So the second part is to be played this coming Sunday 🙂 I am quite looking forward to dying....

On a serious note I did enjoy the first part though I think we were very much finding our feet. I don't know about the other guy's but it definitely stoked my interest and I like the idea of having a regular group playing (how that pans out with home life though is probably the issue). My wife has also shown interest and it has led us onto a new hobby in which we have been creating, buying and painting various models such as D&D and warhammer. My wife is definitely better at painting than I am but I have done 1 or 2 and have a set still to build and paint.

But yeah I am quite looking forward to this Sunday ^_^ If it goes well I'd definitely be up for future sessions, maybe even doing them in person as well seeing as a few of us don't live all that far apart. We just need to convince Elliot to carry on being DM or see if any of us would be willing to give it a go!

Also I have 4 sets of D&D dice already, I feel like that is a bit of a rabbit hole if I'm being honest....

Would need to find a DM if we were to doing something weekly, otherwise I'd be down. Enjoying D&D, WoW and CK3 at the moment which all have a similar RP side to them.

If we did end up more regular, I would look to find a regular time myself, but James is right that we would need a DM to pull us through each time. Elliott @Middle Class Caveman is class at it, because he also helps the group learn as you go along but I know his time is precious, plus he does it separately with another group of his IRL friends too I believe.

Would F2F sessions work, even if they were spread out?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

5 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

If we did end up more regular, I would look to find a regular time myself, but James is right that we would need a DM to pull us through each time. Elliott @Middle Class Caveman is class at it, because he also helps the group learn as you go along but I know his time is precious, plus he does it separately with another group of his IRL friends too I believe.

Would F2F sessions work, even if they were spread out?

F2F would be cool but may exclude people that couldn't travel regularly. Feel like discord isn't bad we'd just need a consistent date/s and DM.