🎲 Dungeons and Dragons Night! 🐉

Lurchzy

Looking for adventurers to embark on an epic quest in the realm of imagination! Whether you're a seasoned adventurer or a beginner seeking thrilling new experiences, this is your chance to dive into the world of Dungeons and Dragons.

📅 What night would work for you? Comment below with your preferred day of the week!

🌐 We'll be hosting the sessions over web chat, so you can join from the comfort of your own home. All you need is a computer and an internet connection.

Don't miss out on this exciting opportunity to explore fantastic realms, battle fearsome creatures, and forge lasting friendships. To join our D&D night, simply express your interest in the comments below or send us a private message.

⚔️ Gather your courage and let the dice decide your fate! Adventure awaits!

Personally Thursday nights would be best for me, sort of 19:00-23:00 time.

I would also suggest we use the D&D website below to create our characters ready for the event.

https://www.dndbeyond.com/characters?utm_source=wizard&utm_medium=dndsite

Nice to see you getting this up and running @Lurchzy and yep, DnD Beyond is definitely the best site to use to set up characters. 

I take it you're doing 5e DnD? Are you using another site for visual representation of players or not going with that? 

What campaign are you doing? Who's DM?

How many ppl are you expecting or hoping for?

I'm in between sessions at the moment but I'll have to check if I can commit!

If I think of anything else I'll be back 🙂

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

6 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Nice to see you getting this up and running @Lurchzy and yep, DnD Beyond is definitely the best site to use to set up characters. 

I take it you're doing 5e DnD? Are you using another site for visual representation of players or not going with that? 

What campaign are you doing? Who's DM?

How many ppl are you expecting or hoping for?

I'm in between sessions at the moment but I'll have to check if I can commit!

If I think of anything else I'll be back 🙂

I assume 5th Edition will be easiest for everyone to understand and get into.

I've never used a visual rep website but if you have any good ones you recommend I'm sure we could use that!

Campaign to be decided by the DM, which I'm hoping can be someone that's DM'd before. I haven't myself so I'm hoping someone else can step up to the plate and decide some of those details.

Otherwise I'm hoping we can get a small group together of dedicated regulars — don't particularly want to be chasing people every week.

I have never played DnD before but have always been interested. If you're happy to teach me as we go I would be up for this 🙂 

Any chance we could do 8pm onwards instead? Just means there is no chance of my daughter being awake and disrupting things?

Luseth.png

5 minutes ago, Luseth said:

I have never played DnD before but have always been interested. If you're happy to teach me as we go I would be up for this 🙂 

Any chance we could do 8pm onwards instead? Just means there is no chance of my daughter being awake and disrupting things?

I'm sure most of us will be newcomers/ basic players to D&D so we can take it nice and easy to start with 👍

But if you are interested in getting a head start there are plenty of video on YouTube about starting D&D and D&D even have their own channel that cover some subjects.

I've been interested in this previously but I know its about committing the time and effort towards it so everyone enjoys this. Thursdays will be our training night for Yara's football team. Likely home by 8pm but you never know in a few months as it could be slightly later. I'm also looking to pick up Gran Turismo nights back up too. Does this work better weekly? Or any other regular timeslot? I'm open to other days too if we can make it work.

Also, is there like a timespan you can make them over e.g. 6 week campaign? Knowing it also has some form of an end may help some people to commit a block of weeks or nights perhaps? I'm gonna struggle with roleplay! but its something i've found interesting when watching...maybe watching one happen at FG first may help push me over the line to do it.

Thanks for giving this a go at drumming up some interest James! Love seeing multiple things going on here.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

1 minute ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I've been interested in this previously but I know its about committing the time and effort towards it so everyone enjoys this. Thursdays will be our training night for Yara's football team. Likely home by 8pm but you never know in a few months as it could be slightly later. I'm also looking to pick up Gran Turismo nights back up too. Does this work better weekly? Or any other regular timeslot? I'm open to other days too if we can make it work.

Also, is there like a timespan you can make them over e.g. 6 week campaign? Knowing it also has some form of an end may help some people to commit a block of weeks or nights perhaps? I'm gonna struggle with roleplay! but its something i've found interesting when watching...maybe watching one happen at FG first may help push me over the line to do it.

Thanks for giving this a go at drumming up some interest James! Love seeing multiple things going on here.

I'm open to changing which night we play, just depends on when everyone is available. 

As for a timespan, I'd like to see us complete a campaign and then see where we can go from there. This would probably mean sticking to it for a good couple of weeks — enough time for everyone to get introduced and then have a good go at a quest. Nothing concrete as this would probably depend on the DMs plan for the campaign and how quickly people get used to how things work. Plus I wouldn't want to put too much pressure on people being able to jump straight into it.

Some good house rules for something like this would be to give the DM permission to exclude the people from the quest (through death or other RP mean) if they don't turn up. Pre-notice can obviously help the DM in this regard. Good amount of breaks through the night can help too.

Obviously we're all friends so everything can be pretty lenient but we can't be taking the mickey, and I don't want to be chasing people like I do for MNF.

3 hours ago, Lurchzy said:

I'm open to changing which night we play, just depends on when everyone is available. 

As for a timespan, I'd like to see us complete a campaign and then see where we can go from there. This would probably mean sticking to it for a good couple of weeks — enough time for everyone to get introduced and then have a good go at a quest. Nothing concrete as this would probably depend on the DMs plan for the campaign and how quickly people get used to how things work. Plus I wouldn't want to put too much pressure on people being able to jump straight into it.

Some good house rules for something like this would be to give the DM permission to exclude the people from the quest (through death or other RP mean) if they don't turn up. Pre-notice can obviously help the DM in this regard. Good amount of breaks through the night can help too.

Obviously we're all friends so everything can be pretty lenient but we can't be taking the mickey, and I don't want to be chasing people like I do for MNF.

oh, I wrote my last reply before reading this. I’m happy to run a one shot (one and done) campaign for people to get a flavour but I can’t commit to another evening regularly as I already play every Tuesday.

signatures small.jpg

1 hour ago, Middle Class Caveman said:

oh, I wrote my last reply before reading this. I’m happy to run a one shot (one and done) campaign for people to get a flavour but I can’t commit to another evening regularly as I already play every Tuesday.

That's understandable, I think it'd be a good experiment to see how we get on anyway if it was just a one night thing. Can also keep our characters if we want to do another night at some point?

59 minutes ago, Lurchzy said:

That's understandable, I think it'd be a good experiment to see how we get on anyway if it was just a one night thing. Can also keep our characters if we want to do another night at some point?

absolutely, I ran Call of Cthulhu for @phil bottle @Diddums and Rich (can’t remember his name!) a few years back, was fun!

signatures small.jpg

2 hours ago, Middle Class Caveman said:

Absolutely, I ran Call of Cthulhu for @phil bottle @Diddums and Rich (can’t remember his name!) a few years back, was fun!

Sounds wicked!

At the moment I think we've got @Luseth, @phil bottle, @GazzaGarratt and myself. Not sure what a good party size is but last time I played it wasn't with many more than that.

8 hours ago, Lurchzy said:

Sounds wicked!

At the moment I think we've got @Luseth, @phil bottle, @GazzaGarratt and myself. Not sure what a good party size is but last time I played it wasn't with many more than that.

4 - 5 is perfect, otherwise encounters drag on!

Should we try a Saturday night perhaps? That way it can run a bit later if needs be?

signatures small.jpg

Think I set up my character ^_^ Albeit I have not watched any videos and I am pretty sure it would have made sense too!

Thought it was quite cool that I could roll the dice for my scores through the web browser rather than just manually putting stuff in ^_^

Going to put one or two on today and have a watch 🙂

Luseth.png

@Middle Class Caveman is a very decent DM, or was so in the little Cthulhu game we had. He had to cope with the cosmic madness also known as @Diddums

I'll be up for a game but until autumn I'm busy a lot of evenings so not sure about anything more than that.

I've played DnD, Warhammer, Call of Cthulhu and Paranoia mostly but I've never DMd personally and having a good DM is very important imo

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

@Middle Class Caveman is a very decent DM, or was so in the little Cthulhu game we had. He had to cope with the cosmic madness also known as @Diddums

I'll be up for a game but until autumn I'm busy a lot of evenings so not sure about anything more than that.

I've played DnD, Warhammer, Call of Cthulhu and Paranoia mostly but I've never DMd personally and having a good DM is very important imo

Ah @phil bottle you are too kind!

signatures small.jpg

14 hours ago, Luseth said:

Think I set up my character ^_^ Albeit I have not watched any videos and I am pretty sure it would have made sense too!

Thought it was quite cool that I could roll the dice for my scores through the web browser rather than just manually putting stuff in ^_^

Going to put one or two on today and have a watch 🙂

If you, or anyone else wants a copy of the player manual I have it on PDF, just give me a shout. It's very helpful.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

11 hours ago, jordie1892 said:

Gutted I won’t be able to make these, would have jumped right in if I was home!

If all goes well, I'm more than certain we'll get you on the next one when/if you're back!

21 hours ago, Lurchzy said:

How about we make this a one-off event then. That's sounds like the best plan for everyone. Is there a Saturday that would suit you best @Middle Class Caveman?

Any Saturday works for me as long as we start after 8pm so I have time to get my toddler to bed 💪

signatures small.jpg

2 hours ago, Middle Class Caveman said:

Any Saturday works for me as long as we start after 8pm so I have time to get my toddler to bed 💪

In that case how about we do this on the 29th July? Would that be okay with everyone?

10 minutes ago, Lurchzy said:

In that case how about we do this on the 29th July? Would that be okay with everyone?

🔗 Link to the event below 👇

Also, would everyone be okay if I streamed the night for other FGers not willing to play?