EA Sports FC 24

20230706_203702.thumb.jpg.874eec31ba8a81f7758913dc8a840fde.jpg

With the rumours poping up and release date being revealed I thought I would start a thread for the specific EA Sports FC 24 game.

If we can try to keep this thread just to updates and rumours that would be great. If you want to rant there is already a thread called EA Sports FC in which you can do that 👍

ezgif-3-9c2b442fc8.thumb.gif.006f89090edf809b7bc2d33daf6129d2.gif

Confirmed EA Sports FC leagues licensed so far:

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Premier League

🇪🇸 La Liga

🇩🇪 Bundesliga

🇫🇷 Ligue 1

🇮🇹 Serie A

🇳🇱 Eredivisie

🇵🇹 Liga Portugal

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 EFL

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 SPFL

🇦🇷 Superliga Argentina

🇺🇸 MLS

🇰🇷 K League

🇨🇳 CSL

🇷🇴 Superliga Romania

EA Sports FC 24 is reportedly launching on September 29, 2023.

Both Standard and Ultimate editions will be available. Early access from the Ultimate edition is 7 days (instead of 3 days for FIFA 23), starting September 22.

EA Sports FC 24 Editions:

Ultimate Edition - PC: €99.99 / $99.99 / £89.99

Standard Edition - PC / PS4 / Xbox One: €69.99 / $59.99 / £59.99

Standard Edition - PS5 / Xbox Series X|S: €79.99 / $69.99 / £69.99

Ultimate Edition - Cross-Gen digital version: €109.99 / $109.99 / £99.99

Pre-orders will go live on July 13.

12 hours ago, Lurchzy said:

EA Sports FC 24 is reportedly launching on September 29, 2023.

Both Standard and Ultimate editions will be available. Early access from the Ultimate edition is 7 days (instead of 3 days for FIFA 23), starting September 22.

EA Sports FC 24 Editions:

Ultimate Edition - PC: €99.99 / $99.99 / £89.99

Standard Edition - PC / PS4 / Xbox One: €69.99 / $59.99 / £59.99

Standard Edition - PS5 / Xbox Series X|S: €79.99 / $69.99 / £69.99

Ultimate Edition - Cross-Gen digital version: €109.99 / $109.99 / £99.99

Pre-orders will go live on July 13.

Considering how much money they make on Fifa after the game release through FUT you would think they could lower the prices a bit ^_^

We really need a viable alternative to fifa these days, the game is fine but it does have it's flaws and the lack of competition just means that EA have gotten far too comfortable with things.

Luseth.png

13 hours ago, Lurchzy said:

ezgif-3-9c2b442fc8.thumb.gif.006f89090edf809b7bc2d33daf6129d2.gif

Confirmed EA Sports FC leagues licensed so far:

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Premier League

🇪🇸 La Liga

🇩🇪 Bundesliga

🇫🇷 Ligue 1

🇮🇹 Serie A

🇳🇱 Eredivisie

🇵🇹 Liga Portugal

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 EFL

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 SPFL

🇦🇷 Superliga Argentina

🇺🇸 MLS

🇰🇷 K League

🇨🇳 CSL

🇷🇴 Superliga Romania

No Turkish Super Lig? 

3 hours ago, Luseth said:

Considering how much money they make on Fifa after the game release through FUT you would think they could lower the prices a bit ^_^

We really need a viable alternative to fifa these days, the game is fine but it does have it's flaws and the lack of competition just means that EA have gotten far too comfortable with things.

What do you mean? You have PES, and the Mario Soccer game... What more competition could you want?

I think the prices are pretty in-line with the current market of A title games.

23 hours ago, Luseth said:

Remember those rumours where it was expected to be free to play - I bet it was gonna be but EA thought fuck it, why not rinse the FIFA community even harder🤣 Nothing will change - this will be FIFA 24 in nature but not by name and it's an absolute tragedy what Konami did to PES - literally undone a decade of hard work to turn the brand into a shared mobile experience using an off-the-shelf engine despite being on the next gen. If EA actually radically overhauled the career mode instead of focusing and forcing people on UT, that would make a big different to 'offline' players but it's barely had 2 major updates since 2008 which is ludicrous considering how evolving their in-game monetary schemes are. 

Wooah, hang on. Its not free to play anymore? Hmmm, strange. So it all just feels abit weird now because I was expecting at least some progression within Pro Clubs. Maybe they will, who knows, but as Phil says...its EA Sports innit 😅

That being said we desperately need a new football game to get into. With PES effectively gone, my hope is that UFL can get to market as quick as they can to help drive EA Sports to get behind this franchise like when they had to back in the 2010s as PES took over as the best playable football game for a while.

Just expect some random teams not to appear now...as certain teams did sell their rights to games moving forward. Will be a little odd but I really REALLY hope they have some form of customisation mode in it like PES always had. I just want them to add some variety back into Pro Clubs tbh!

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Wooah, hang on. Its not free to play anymore? Hmmm, strange. So it all just feels abit weird now because I was expecting at least some progression within Pro Clubs. Maybe they will, who knows, but as Phil says...its EA Sports innit 😅

That being said we desperately need a new football game to get into. With PES effectively gone, my hope is that UFL can get to market as quick as they can to help drive EA Sports to get behind this franchise like when they had to back in the 2010s as PES took over as the best playable football game for a while.

Just expect some random teams not to appear now...as certain teams did sell their rights to games moving forward. Will be a little odd but I really REALLY hope they have some form of customisation mode in it like PES always had. I just want them to add some variety back into Pro Clubs tbh!

I too would like to see more development in Pro Clubs and Career mode — however I assume as this is quite a big leap leaving the FIFA name, and they will be concentrating on establishing the monetary side of the game first i.e. FUT and eSports.

What's weird is, Pro Clubs could be monetized probably the most given how people would work together to see their club transform over time (and money). I'm not agreeing that i want to see it completely ripped apart but a customisation element that allows us to earn something, literally ANYTHING, in that gamemode rather than Volta or whatever else they have would be just nice to see right about now.

54 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

What's weird is, Pro Clubs could be monetized probably the most given how people would work together to see their club transform over time (and money). I'm not agreeing that i want to see it completely ripped apart but a customisation element that allows us to earn something, literally ANYTHING, in that gamemode rather than Volta or whatever else they have would be just nice to see right about now.

I think they tried monetizing Pro Clubs using Volta points and being able to purchase them through the store — however the complete lack of customisable items they came out with resulted in it not doing too well.

I would like to see more club customisability... Stadiums, Banners, Kits, Sponsors, etc.

4 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

EA make enough money that they don't need to monetise every mode in the game and that's what makes it really annoying.  They are perfectly capable of developing modes outside of UT but they don't as they want to push people to that and to hell with everyone else. Even the core gameplay is pretty wank and it's less authentic that what PES was putting out 17 years ago. 

They'd probably be better off just releasing FIFA as a card game or something because the matches seem to take a backseat half the time anyway. Christ I wish Konami didn't destroy PES the way they did. 

18 hours ago, Lurchzy said:

They've copied the FG logo, need to sue.

It sounds stupid and surely not....but I genuinely considered this last year. The controller is so close to ours lol.

16 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Christ I wish Konami didn't destroy PES the way they did. 

I'm still scratching my head on this one. If it was licences that stopped them, just release the same game with no kits and random names like the first ones. We'd get a file to update it at some point i'm sure! They'd have still made way more money than that eFootball crap.

41 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

It sounds stupid and surely not....but I genuinely considered this last year. The controller is so close to ours lol.

Wouldn't be the first time a big company has nicked something from a little group and passed it off as their own ^_^

Luseth.png

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I'm still scratching my head on this one. If it was licences that stopped them, just release the same game with no kits and random names like the first ones. We'd get a file to update it at some point i'm sure! They'd have still made way more money than that eFootball crap.

It was ultimate two catastrophic fuck ups - firstly rebranding because apparently 'e' is the buzzword (or letter) and they wanted to go down an eSport route. The second calamity was taking the Fox Engine as far as it could go without having an in-house replacement, so they opted to use the off-the-shelf Unreal 4 engine which gave them the big brain idea of fusing console and mobile gaming for a bumper payday without taking into account how retarded such a move would be going into the PS5 generation. They could've easily made a mobile game and a next gen football title without trying to mould them together so people could play on the move. Who the hell wants to play on a 4K 60fps device against someone using an iPhone 6 ffs lol! 

PES was always legendary because of its gameplay irrespective of the licence but now they've lost that, they ultimately have nothing and the F2P model does not work whatsoever. There's actually less content in that than what they were releasing as demos under PES! 

3 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Trailer is getting absolutely roasted and my god they done Haaland dirty - WTF is with his face and animations in that walk!?

I believe the trailer was supposed to be promoting all the new cutscenes they're adding to the game... Just reiterated the likeness to Sims to me. I'm not sure about it personally, will have to wait to see.