MW2 (2022) - Season 3 Roadmap

MrBiron

20 minutes ago, Tove said:

This is the amount of content which should have been in season 2

I'd agree with that. Although its funny as we've been playing MP mostly in Season 2 and its flown by. Both events were pretty decent too. Crossbow objectives were good and varied, and then the Path of the Ronin got you using different weapons for headshot which was fun to try and change up in each game. Here's hoping the free events are good again this time round.

2 hours ago, MrBiron said:

3 actually NEW maps for MP. Plus loads of other stuff. Looks like a decent season for a change.

2 6v6 new ones right at launch too. Backs up the theory that they just couldn't get them done in time. Hoping the Hatchery one is also 6v6 as they have confirmed its for Core so should be fingers crossed. Himmelmatt has been a decent addition and Dome plays pretty well (and quick). The new Black Gold map is going to be different for sure though. Night Vision Goggles needed - I think its a good thing they're trying different aspects out although i'm sure that will annoy some people because they can't do well on it 😄

Excited for Gunfight finally back in too. We needed that when just a few people are on....I may put together a fun 2v2 tourney between us all (all for fun obvs).

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

18 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I'd agree with that. Although its funny as we've been playing MP mostly in Season 2 and its flown by. Both events were pretty decent too. Crossbow objectives were good and varied, and then the Path of the Ronin got you using different weapons for headshot which was fun to try and change up in each game. Here's hoping the free events are good again this time round.

Season 2 was quite short in comparison to Season 1

I barely touched MP in season 2, only enough to unlock the new weapons and complete the event challenges. Which were really great fun. I levelled up to prestige 9 almost exclusively in DMZ. Had they not patched out the DMZ AI counting for the camo challenges in season 2 reloaded. I probably wouldn’t have touched MP during the second half of the season. Not because I’m not enjoying it just that I prefer DMZ, even when not going for missions it’s still great fun. 

Yeah not going there, I'd be surprised if there is anything in this that will get me to change how I play this game. 

However I have to say they do know the type of people that get off on new CoD with the premium £30 quid battle pass.😉👍

Enjoy people.

Looking forward to the DMZ updates and plunder which I also like

The sniper riffle will be a nice addition.

the light house is a partial remake of the estate map from what I read. I always liked that map so that's fine with me. It will be a good map for thermal optics

The $40 battle pass I am not going to do. I see no value in that. The 2500 COD points are not going to make up for it and I hardly ever use skins or camos anyways. 

Will see how it plays. 

Im really torn on the Blackcell upgrade,  I'm guessing that its going to be £25 based on the Vault Upgrade being £25 and $30 It has 2500 CP which is worth £17 so if you were gonna buy those points anyway the blackcell upgrade is now only £8

I think I'm leaning to not get it as I don't think I'll actually use any of the extra content but I don't think its actually bad value for someone that will actually use the extra content. 

On 4/9/2023 at 4:38 AM, MrBiron said:

Activision have pulled another shitty move with this new BlackCell Battlepass. You have to pay a straight £30 for it and can't use COD points. So even if you have loads saved up then it's tough shit.

What's the problem? The regular BP is still 1100 COD points and will get you the majority of the items. It still give you 1400 CP if you do the whole thing (from what I believe I read)

The black cell  more expensive. I don't know what it will cost in Canada. But it gives you  1100 + 1400 CP  (which is less than the price for sure) and a bunch of skins and crap that you don't need if you don't want it. 

So what's the shitty move exactly? If you don't want the stuff. don't pay for it. There is nothing in there that you need in order to be able to play. I won't be getting it. If people feel strongly about it, don't by the passes and they will quickly change course to get our money

1 hour ago, The3rdWalker said:

How long was season one? I cannot remember for the life of me if this is too soon or not. Thier battle pass is surprisingly worth the value. 

Season 1 got extended about a month because they decided to do a number of fixes to appease the community. It ended Feb 15. 

6 hours ago, The3rdWalker said:

How long was season one? I cannot remember for the life of me if this is too soon or not. Thier battle pass is surprisingly worth the value. 

5 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

Season 1 got extended about a month because they decided to do a number of fixes to appease the community. It ended Feb 15. 

It was actually extended by 2 weeks. 

Season 1 started on 15th November and was set to run for 77 days scheduled to end on 1st February, instead it ran to the 15th February lasting for 91 days in total. 

Season 2 started on 15th February and was set to run for 56 days and is ending on 12th April. Making Season 2 less than two thirds of the length of Season 1, had it not have been delayed I suspect it would have ran for 70 days and kept the same end date. 

8 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

So what's the shitty move exactly? If you don't want the stuff. don't pay for it. There is nothing in there that you need in order to be able to play. I won't be getting it. If people feel strongly about it, don't by the passes and they will quickly change course to get our money

The shitty move is making it a cash only purchase. £25/$30 would probably be around 3500 CP, if you had the CP available it would be nice to be able to use that for the purchase rather than shelling out even more cash. 

31 minutes ago, Tove said:

The shitty move is making it a cash only purchase. £25/$30 would probably be around 3500 CP, if you had the CP available it would be nice to be able to use that for the purchase rather than shelling out even more cash. 

That's not unique to this however. There are some bundles that are cash only and give you some CP if you purchase them. The desert rogue bundle for example is like that. $19.99

Some of the "starter packs" are the same

22 minutes ago, cyberninja2601 said:

That's not unique to this however. There are some bundles that are cash only and give you some CP if you purchase them. The desert rogue bundle for example is like that. $19.99

Some of the "starter packs" are the same

Those packs are completely different from this because the cost of them is the same cost as the CP which they come with. 

I have the Desert Rogue bundle which you reference and it cost me £16.79 it contains 2400CP to purchase 2400 CP would also cost me £16.79 therefore making the additional content free. 

I’m sad to say that this game grew stale to me very quickly. I played a very little of season 2. I’m not a fan of the seasons. Oh well, glad that MLB the Show 23 released last week. 

7 hours ago, Tove said:

It was actually extended by 2 weeks. 

Season 1 started on 15th November and was set to run for 77 days scheduled to end on 1st February, instead it ran to the 15th February lasting for 91 days in total. 

Season 2 started on 15th February and was set to run for 56 days and is ending on 12th April. Making Season 2 less than two thirds of the length of Season 1, had it not have been delayed I suspect it would have ran for 70 days and kept the same end date. 

In addition to this, they changed the rate of battle token progression. Maybe slowed it down by 50%.

It felt like I wasn't going to achieve everything. 

But with a few days spare I managed. 

Max level, Battle pass and Ronin all done. I felt relieved to finish it all. 

2 hours ago, IRaMPaGe said:

In addition to this, they changed the rate of battle token progression. Maybe slowed it down by 50%.

that’s interesting as I found it to be faster but I completed mine mostly within DMZ I was earning 4-6 tokens each evening and finished the battle pass right around the mid season launch

4 hours ago, IRaMPaGe said:

Did they really? Or did it just feel slower as the season didn't get extended and we didn't get as many double xp weekends and those we did have were right at the end of the season.  Surely it isn't that hard to prove as plenty of content creators should have clips of similar-ish matches in season 1 and season 2 and a 50% drop in progress should easily be noticeable.  But doing a quick search, all I can find is people suggesting, claiming, feeling or other such adjectives it's been slowed down but no proof.

The battlepass is slow overal but I can't say I particularly noticed it being slower.  I hit max level in season 1 pretty easy but haven't hit it in season 2 yet still managed to finish the battlepass in the first double xp weekend which was 2 or 3 weeks ago?

As for the blackcell battlepass, I guess we'll see precisely what it gives up.  A few extra blueprints and some extra skins really won't be worth it but if there's enough "content" in it then it could be worth it.  Else I'll stick to the normal battlepass with the points I earned from the last one.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

4 hours ago, Tove said:

that’s interesting as I found it to be faster but I completed mine mostly within DMZ I was earning 4-6 tokens each evening and finished the battle pass right around the mid season launch

It was mostly the same with me

I believe what they change is the progression. It use to be that complete a match would be the major part to progress. So if you played something in MP that was quick (KC, TDM) you would earn tokens quickly. They they seem to have tied it to XP and what you achieve in Game. So DMZ, WZ, Grind, DOM became better ROI to get your tokens. 

I had 100% completion about 25 days in. I don't play on weekends at all. I did all on DMZ, DOM and shipment.  So I didn't really notice it being slower either. 

13 hours ago, Tove said:

Those packs are completely different from this because the cost of them is the same cost as the CP which they come with. 

I have the Desert Rogue bundle which you reference and it cost me £16.79 it contains 2400CP to purchase 2400 CP would also cost me £16.79 therefore making the additional content free. 

People's point was that if you already had the CP you couldn't buy the pass. So in this example if you had 2400 CP already you still would have had to pay 16.79 except now you would have 4800 CP.  So the net cost is zero only if you intend on buying other stuff with the CP.  I have not problem with it not being a net zero cost if they feel they are giving you that extra value.  People can play the game without it. You and I will just go earn our skins in DMZ for free instead

3 hours ago, Greboth said:

Did they really? Or did it just feel slower as the season didn't get extended and we didn't get as many double xp weekends and those we did have were right at the end of the season.  Surely it isn't that hard to prove as plenty of content creators should have clips of similar-ish matches in season 1 and season 2 and a 50% drop in progress should easily be noticeable.  But doing a quick search, all I can find is people suggesting, claiming, feeling or other such adjectives it's been slowed down but no proof.

The battlepass is slow overal but I can't say I particularly noticed it being slower.  I hit max level in season 1 pretty easy but haven't hit it in season 2 yet still managed to finish the battlepass in the first double xp weekend which was 2 or 3 weeks ago?

As for the blackcell battlepass, I guess we'll see precisely what it gives up.  A few extra blueprints and some extra skins really won't be worth it but if there's enough "content" in it then it could be worth it.  Else I'll stick to the normal battlepass with the points I earned from the last one.

Yeah I mean there was no actual proof or confirmed that it was. Just lots of people were convinced it was. 

I personally felt it went a bit slower, but 50% is maybe a stretch. 

Also coupled with the less time etc. 

It felt to me like battle pass progression was based on time spent alive, which is why I think it felt much quicker in dmz as you typically spend 20+ minutes alive during a deployment. I was finding if you took the final exfil you would earn an entire token in that deployment. 

30 minutes ago, MrBiron said:

MW2 is the top selling game on Steam and the Blackcell BP is third. I guess that COD isn't actually dying like people say. And it would appear that the people who complain about the game really are just a loud minority.

steam1.jpg

Top sellers is just the daily revenue garnered from the product - with the game loaded with microtransactions and still costing £40, it's always gonna spike at the top now and then especially on days where there are minimal releases or just cheap indie games. 

The game has actually lost another 8.3% of players on Steam since season 3 launched and two days ago it dropped to less than 31,000 at peak time.