Streamer Deepfake Scandal

J4MES OX4D

Jesus, what an absolute dumpsterfire of a situation! Streamer Atroic accidentally exposes himself live on stream paying for a membership of a site that specalises in deepfakes of fellow streamers and celebrities. Not only that, the victims are known to him personally including his best friend's girlfriend. Awkward AF. None of the victims were aware of this site and it has since ceased business. Atroic has since issued a rather cringeworthy apology on stream with his wife but the circumstances of how he ended up doing this aren't easy to believe especially with sites like Prawnhub not endorsing such material at all and this would further stretch to adverts. Seems he made a conscious decision to source and pay for such content. 

It definitely wouldn't be such a damning situation if it didn't involve his close friends behind his wife's back. 

atrioc-apology.jpg
WWW.DEXERTO.COM

Atrioc broke down in tears as he issued an apology for looking at deepfake content of female streamers including Pokimane and MayaHiga.

It's quite scary how some of these deepfakes have advanced not just for this purpose plus there are also literally voice-perfect replication software.  Combine the two and it can be a very dangerous thing. But in terms of Atroic, what a naughty boy!  

Meh.  If we all apologised for dodgy sites we visited we'd all be spending the rest of lives apologising to everyone else.

The pros, cons, technical skill, requirements, ability or morality and legality of deep fakes are all interesting discussion points but what sites some random person has visited? I struggle to care less.  Obvious that's caveated that the sites someone visits are legal.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

43 minutes ago, Greboth said:

The pros, cons, technical skill, requirements, ability or morality and legality of deep fakes are all interesting discussion points but what sites some random person has visited? I struggle to care less. 

It definitely wouldn't have blown up had it not been for the fact it was literally his close colleagues, best friend's girlfriend and the fact he actually registered and paid for the material and being married. The painful excuse did not help either. I do think some of the victims are milking it to a degree but I can't speak for how they feel about the situation. If the guy was simply looking at deepfakes of celebs and got caught then it would be embarrassing but forgotten about the next day. He should've just come clean and could've even bit back a bit cos half the people on the list literally get their boobs out to minors on stream and are an inch away from having an OnlyFans on the side as it is.  

2 hours ago, Greboth said:

Meh.  If we all apologised for dodgy sites we visited we'd all be spending the rest of lives apologising to everyone else.

The pros, cons, technical skill, requirements, ability or morality and legality of deep fakes are all interesting discussion points but what sites some random person has visited? I struggle to care less.  Obvious that's caveated that the sites someone visits are legal.

Fair enough, I suppose what you do with the digital images of @slamminbones face in a private capacity is entirely your own business 🙈😅

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

22 hours ago, Spacedeck said:

So without watching the vod. How did this go down with his wife? Did he lie his way out of it? Providing she didn't already know about this. 

She was very upset but it was quite hard to work out whether it was because her marriage was going tits up because hubby has a fetish for two of her friend's, or it just being down to the potential significant loss of their income which probably spans tens of thousands a month. Her being in the apology video in the background just added a whole new dose of cringe.