GT 7
Posted

Ace seeing so many people pick it up recently. As Sam @Capn_Underpants  shared the FG PSN Party Rooms the other day, if anyone is missing we can add people to it if they want to just sit in the chat with everyone who is playing it. Whilst we're all still just learning and progressing the game, I think its enjoyable and chilled to sit in the party chat and bounce off each other if you need some immediate advice/help.

Forum Signature Test.png

GT 7
Posted
6 hours ago, VGon_BGon48 said:

I'm liking it as well it's a little difficult for me but that's due to lack of skill/knowledge about the game I'm thinking of turning off the brake assist 

Whilst it will feel like a steep early learning curve, I'd personally try and turn the assists off. I stuck mine immediately on expert because I do think its more about learning the tracks more as @phil bottle said. Finding the braking points and good racing lines that work for you. Sometimes the aids will hold you back and if you have them on for a long time, it becomes a struggle to readjust imo.

5 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Knowing most of the tracks definitely helps with some of the challenges. Although I did have to make one race 'medium' difficulty as my car was simply not keeping pace.

It also took me a while to realise if I want to change my power output to get my PP down, I have to buy a mod for each car that enables that option in the tuning.

It's been great so far and I'm enjoying it a lot.

I'm switching between this and Cyberpunk as my main games right now.

Good to know about PP tuning. You'll have to share which mod it is so we know which one to always buy for all the cars.

2 hours ago, VGon_BGon48 said:

The tuning for me is a little confusing never really understood it

Yeah, that will be the biggie for us all. I'm not used to it at all and not a petrol head either so alot of the tuning goes over my head. However, thats what our chats are for on here and I think we can help each other by sharing what people have found that works well and not so well when they test each tuning feature out.

39 minutes ago, Mikepjbell said:

This is what I'm struggling with in daily races at the moment. People who are really nerdy have their cars tuned to a ridiculous level and I'm way too casual for that, so it's not as enjoyable for me as GT Sport was at the moment!

I've not come across it yet where the tuning is needed to worry me. I imagine a few more weeks into it and we'll learn that only 3 or 4 make a significant difference to your own driving.

29 minutes ago, Shucker said:

Did I hear correctly that there's no BoP?

I believe there is, but you set it in your own lobby before its created. However, in GT Sport it was always an option so you didn't have to have it on for online races if you didn't want to.

Forum Signature Test.png

GT 7
Posted
2 hours ago, Capn_Underpants said:

How is everyone liking it?

It is definitely fully fleshed out thats for sure. You don't actually unlock the Multiplayer until you finish Menu Book 9, which I think looking back is a good thing. Usually if you just pick up the game people don't fully understand everything that's going on, so this early learning as the game flows you about everywhere is really helpful - and it means you have a good bunch of cars to start your collection too.

Looking forward to going back on soke licences and circuit experiences to see where I land in the FG pack as I've usually just tried to get gold and then move on so far!

Oh, and it definitely feels more challenging to drive the cars. Haptic feedback on a PS5 controller may have something to do with that.

Forum Signature Test.png

GT 7
Posted

What I think is fantastic news is that still playing GT7 on a PS4 Pro or even a standard PS4, it looks incredible still. Ray Tracing seems the way to go on a PS5 because when you are racing everything is locked at 60FPS anyway, its just the replays that are impacted and really worthwhile too, after watching the video below. The loading times are scarily quick on PS5 but I hope that if this seems the only huge difference between a PS4 and a PS5 version, then most here that are still on a PS4 shouldn't be put off by buying the PS4 version of the game. 

Forum Signature Test.png

GT 7
Posted

My copy should come tomorrow from Amazon.

Bear in mind its probably useful for the first few weeks to get used to the game and progress some story/campaign features. Super GT explains in that video it may take a few hours to unlock the Multiplayer side of things.

Forum Signature Test.png

GT 7
Posted
46 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Because of MW2019 I have no space for games and sadly decided to uninstall GT Sport to make room.

Slight derail but don't you have an extertnal SSD for all your PS4 games? Saves space for the selected PS5 games for me!

I need to pre-order this today so I get a copy sent out. Base.com seem to have it at £60 with pre-order bonus...can't beat my physical copy now can I 😄

Forum Signature Test.png

GT 7
Posted
On 2/11/2022 at 5:25 PM, Greboth said:

I was kinda hoping it wouldn’t transfer so I could leave my GT Sport record untarnished 😆 

I guess it makes sense though to transfer it over.  I just hope they get more random in their combos as gr3 at the red bull ring, gr4 suzuka, gr3 dragon trail etc came up way too often  whereas Sainte Croix rarely came up.

I think so, although YouTube is covered with many not liking it, which is to be expected of the hardcore elite 🤣 As we don't play online much I don't think i'm bothered. I'm all about the campaign, licences and our FG GT Races which are way more casual than the sweaty online races.

18 hours ago, Mikepjbell said:

I'm a little sad that there's not quite a few new tracks. It would have been good to have a couple more from the F1 circuits for example. Hopefully with time and DLC a couple more tracks will be introduced!

I'm not sure what new tracks there are as it hasn't detailed them yet has it? I'll be hoping for some F1 cicuits in the game, but like you say, if they had a Hamilton DLC on GT Sport then i'm sure we'll have some type of 

8 hours ago, TurboR56Mini said:

I'm a collector and excited to start again. My GT6 collection was epic. Fun to be casual with it. 

I feel the excitement. I'm hoping the total cars are way more than GT Sport. Our casual GT League is the way to go my friend 😄

Forum Signature Test.png

GT 7
Posted
On 2/10/2022 at 9:44 AM, phil bottle said:

So, looks like GT Sport will live on in GT7....

At least we get to keep our liveries which is ace. I can see some people's concern about the online driver stats that they can start fresh again but I personally think thats for the elite and hardcore people on the game. This should mean a smooth release for GT7 and they must have looked at the numbers before applying this ruling.

I expected virtually the same game online anyway with just better graphics and more tracks. Not really concerned as its more of a plus for the awesome liveries that people made here (and the FG one @Greboth)

Forum Signature Test.png

GT 7
Posted

5 Licences! And 34 racetracks at least by my working out. Expect different circuit setups and most too. The upgrading and mods looks like the part we've been wanting for years from a GT game. Music Rally looks great, especially for people wanting to learn more about how to get into a GT game with the arcade crossover element.

They've also stated that "the 25th Anniversary Edition not only includes the PS5 version but also comes with the digital code for the PS4 version, so it’s perfect for those who only have a PS4 now but are thinking of purchasing a PS5 in the future." Something to think about for some FGers here.

Forum Signature Test.png

GT 7
Posted

Just took the video out of the update @Greboth for ease of watching purposes. Also, i've grabbed most of the stills from the Playstation State of Play release to give a flavour of what is going. Definitely hyped now for this! Going back to its roots whilst keeping the theme of GT Sport which i think was delivered well.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Forum Signature Test.png

FG League - Season 3
Posted
On 11/19/2021 at 11:34 AM, phil bottle said:

Good races last night. I'm cementing my third place overall it seems and apologies, I forgot to do the league table last week and I'll get it up today.

Greboth is doing a Lewis Hamilton and clawing the points back from Kiwi, must he better watch out or he'll get Vertstappen'd😅

I will struggle at Autopolis next week 😬

Yeah it was a decent race again with people reasonably close to one another. I thought I messed up my tyres but I think in the end it was that I ruined them a little earlier than the rest of the people. I think I was off the track in the first lap but mainly the penalties were excruciatingly harsh with very little places to get rid of them. Phil drove well yet again but Kiwi and Greebs this week stayed out of his reach and everyone else's. I thought Paul had a chance for quite a while but in Gr.4's, I think any time lost by others was slightly easier to defend rather than in Gr.3's.

On 11/20/2021 at 2:02 PM, Mikepjbell said:

I'm going to be quite honest and say that I'm pretty disappointed in my pace at the moment, albeit I suppose I was on the completely wrong bloody tyres. Looking forward I think to a rest from the championship and reset ready for the new one which presumably will be in GT7. We need to find out if that's cross gen compatible so we can all continue to play together!

I think a rest will do us good after this season. That doesn't mean it's been bad though, more so the most successful mini-league/tournament we've ever done. To do 3 in a row and mainly get 8 plus people most weeks for nearly a year has been fantastic. Rest up and I think some ad-hoc events will reinvigorate you mate, I think it shows if you want to be super fast like you have been for so long, its all about time on the track and consistency. Less time for us all to practice will bunch us up in some exhibition racing! Head up buddy 👊

2 hours ago, phil bottle said:

The latest standings, with 3 races left to go.

P Driver Race 1 Race 2 Race 3 Race 4 Race 5 Race 6 Race 7 Race 8 Race 9 Total
1 JBR-Kiwi 25 25 0 25 25 20 20 20 20 180
2 Greboth 0 15 25 20 20 15 25 25 25 170
3 phil_oi 12 20 20 12 11 25 12 15 15 142
4 GazzaGarratt 15 11 11 15 15 11 11 12 11 112
5 slamminbones 11 9 0 11 8 12 9 10 10 80
6 Mikepjbell 0 12 15 0 12 0 15 9 12 75
7 Crispy 0 10 12 0 10 10 10 11 0 63
8 TehBluebear 20 8 0 0 9 0 0 0 0 37
9 Diddums 0 0 10 0 0 0 0 0 0 10

Thanks Phil, i'm glad I turned up every week, cos if I hadn't i'd really have been in far lower than I am!

Forum Signature Test.png

FG League - Season 3
Posted

Scratching last night off. Couldn't get it going, poor qualy time and dropped off slowly after 4 laps picking up a penalty. Very quiet race after that stuck in no mans land.

Forum Signature Test.png

FG League - Season 3
Posted

@phil bottle fully deserved the win, a very strange race behind him watching @JBR-Kiwi  and @Greboth change it into a tactical race. It threw me that much that i tried to switch to it 3 laps in but it was a little too late to do that. Last lap and a half I had to relinquish second and then dropped down even further as the fuel ran out before the last corner. @slamminbones  rightly deserved his 4th place after staying with the pack for the full 21 laps.

Forum Signature Test.png

FG League - Season 3
Posted

I might try and find an extra 30 minutes from somewhere to just try this week's track, although this week we're all in the same car so its a whole different dynamic to what we usually do! Maybe i'll get my wheel out...we'll see 😅

Forum Signature Test.png

FG League - Season 3
Posted
14 hours ago, Mikepjbell said:

Won't be the same without you Lee ❤❤

Thanks mate, I know my utter fuck ups give everyone that light hearted humour each week 😄 I'll be there this week (cos its Gr 4 like Philly said)...might wanna get your name down too btw.

Forum Signature Test.png

FG League - Season 3
Posted

Let's face it, when it comes to Thursday I'll likely change and i'm going 😄 Tbh, I think its more just all regular stuff i'm doing this week, no just GT. I'll probably highlight a week where I can have a week off every event in the week so everything else can be caught up on...I just get FOMO and want to be there from an FG fun point of view as nothing beats any of our nights we have here.

18 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

I suggest finding 30 minutes each week to test and that might help you come race night. 

As usual, if i can find that time, then I will. It could be good habit to get into to just set up the lobby as close as we can at the end of a night for the following week so everyone can copy it.

Forum Signature Test.png

FG League - Season 3
Posted

Honesty is the best policy - and I think after how I felt in last week's racing its made me feel a little put off my GT habits. It was completely my own fault and whilst it didn't help that I was rushing back from daughters footy training and quick pop to my mums as the family dog after 16 years had his last night on this planet, it doesn't take away how shit it felt for fuel to end what was a great race up until then. First race ever I didn't look at the fuel gauge and concentrated on the calls that were just expected to be about tyres. Chose a better tyre to ge through the race, only made one mistake that cost me 3-4 seconds and that was about the same distance i was behind Phil in 2nd. What I didn't expect was the game to tell me i had 1 lap of fuel left with 3 laps to go. I tried to eek it out but essentially paused the last lap as i had no petrol whatsoever.

Gutting performance after a strong race. Might need to miss a week to make my brain feel better about it all. We'll see.

Outside my own misfortunes, @Greboth put in his usual class at the front. @Mikepjbell  @crispymorgan  and @slamminbones  were a little off the pace last week but @phil bottle is starting to show he is Mr. Consistent with a strong second place again.

Forum Signature Test.png

FG League - Season 3
Posted
2 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Excellent racing last night, and not just because I got a podium 😁

I'll put up the league table this afternoon.

You bossed it. Totally deserved for being super consistent. Mike was possibly just getting back into the swing of things, as was Crispy. Greebs ended his winning chances at the end of lap 1 with that sudden stop into the barrier (and penalties 😅). I just chose the opposite strategy to everyone else thinking Hards first would get me through it and i could up catch everyone on Super Softs. Think i left it one lap too late to maybe have a chance at one place higher but it essentially cost me big style finishing 5th. I only made one large mistake which only cost me 4-5 seconds. We go again next week 👊

Forum Signature Test.png

FG League - Season 3
Posted

First race and I had the best car after picking Volkwagen for this season, but it soon fell apart yet again. Good start, seemed to be able switch with Kiwi for first but as we fought it meant Phil stuck with us. After watching both of them gain harsh penalties it was looking good only for the final fast chicances with wearing tyres to slide me into the barrier and also gain a penalty. After that I was just fighting too hard and picked up a total of 5 seconds which hurt me badly. All the time, Nick was sure and steadily gaining on us all.

By the time Phil had lost the plot with 19 seconds of penalties, I was getting too much into a fight with him and i could see Nick virtually in catch ing distance due to my penalties. I stupidly tried to get rid of them in the last lap but it was way too late to do that. Alas, 3rd it was. Fantastic race by Nick. Changing my name to Mr Consistently Inconsistent Bryan Robson.

image.png

Forum Signature Test.png

GT 7
Posted
On 9/10/2021 at 9:23 PM, Greboth said:

Interesting they've shown wet weather racing off in that preview.  I just hope they this comes at release unlike Sport where it got added years later and only to 2? tracks.  I also hope they implement it better than Sport where they've made the track look wet and the wet tyres have shit grip but drive a 'wet' track on slicks and it's fine.

That looked a very similar engine to what we have now so wet tracks at launch is a must surely. I do wonder if they'll make it easier to search for the cars too, like actually search via class would be amazeballs (but really should be as standard in any of their games).

Forum Signature Test.png

GT 7
Posted

I thought this was probably the start of the showcase yesterday. It's clearly showing some great signs of modification and upgrades, hopefully similar to teh GT 1 era. Simplistic upgrades to learn and do if you aren't a car expert but many extras to buy if you do want to go deeper. Initially I thought the country map view was initially like Forza with the open drive to certain areas but on second glance I don't believe it is.

Driving wise, the HUD looks pretty much like GT Sport so I don't expect an overhaul to the game. I really hope they fix Rally driving though 🤣

Forum Signature Test.png

FG League - Season 3
Posted

I think they were just random thoughts that have been circulating my brain for abit so just leave as is and see how it goes. Its fair to say we may struggle sometimes to get 5 of us online every week, plus with Phil not here this week and me not here the next it was just calling that out. Even I have to admit I started to get fatigue to race every single week so I think its just remembering what Philly said as there isn't any pressure to show yourself, whoever is around i'm sure will have a good laugh and race. I love learning more and more about tracks and cars so want to keep what we're doing as fresh as we possibly can 😄

Forum Signature Test.png

You do not have permission to view this content.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy