Spam and Bots
Posted

Hear hear @phil bottle. I do add some protection from keywords to try and stop as many as we can not even posting but it is inevitable we'll keep getting them over time. Like Philly the Great says, keeping reporting them.

Note, you can use a button instead of replyign to report content if needed. That sends an email straight away to all Moderators and Admins that a post has been picked up by someone that looks suspicious.

Thanks all GGFG ❤️🖤

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

FG Feedback Time
Posted

This is brilliant, thank you all so far. I've known for a while we have underutilised sections and its a cyclical thing really. We really removed things over time to make it simplistic and then I added new features on top over time to keep the place fresh and worth coming back to it. This feedback really helps work out where we can potentially remove certain areas off the main focus when they don't seem to be being used and try and circulate more key features.

I think I've always been clear on one principle that has to stay for FG to work for me and that's the website being our main HOME. WhatsApp is chill and great for connecting, as is Discord, but its not personable as this place as is viewed as 'your place', not standardised bland group chats. One thing is for sure, I need to pick Announcements again, which are similar to what Welchy picks up around what's on. It was essentially a notification system of telling you all there's some new shit this week, go and check it out. It was just something that takes a while to get used to doing because everything requires time. Time around work, life, home, kids, etc. We can all make time though, if we want stuff to work.

And I'd love to try yet another way of getting more people involved, I won't stop trying different ways to ask people if they want to get in on the FG act - just note that's its not the first I've asked everyone so its on everyone to recognise that a little more stepping up to the plate is all that's needed for FG to grow and flourish.

So with that in mind, whilst I take some thought on some changes, let this be the place for the first way to gather interest on who would love to be involved in this stuff. Even if its just one small part of FG, it all counts. Remember, there's many things where people can immediately add value by just going into that section and creating or interacting with it. Quizzes, for example, ANYONE can create one if you are an FGer. I have also linked very many medals and achievements for interacting with this type of stuff, including responding to Events so it all counts, especially if you can see a nice shiny medal on your FG profile.

Please keep the feedback coming in here everyone - its great we've had 4 comments above but more feedback and dialogue in here between us all will really help get things going at FG 👊

FG Feedback Time
Posted

Looking for a bit of feedback everyone!

Always want to keep everything as fresh as we can here, and I know we have an awful lot of stuff to get involved in - sometimes too much! At the same time, its ours and we can do loads of things together so why not!

FG has lots of spaces so would be ace as I'm starting to look at how we can keep everything fresh here, what parts you'd like better, more of, confuse you, don't understand, want more on how to get involved, anything missing we should have....the list i'm sure goes on.

To help if you are struggling what things to send me feedback on, here's a breakdown of areas we have now or had in the past:

• Forums
  • Articles
  • Blog
  • Videos
  • Quizzes
  • Events
  • Predictions
  • Merch
  • Achievements / Medals
  • Memberships
  • Game Hubs
  • Guides and Tips
  • History
  • Ideas
  • Leaderboard
  • Polls
  • Raffles
  • Roadmap
  • Search
  • Servers
  • Tournaments
  • FG Team
  • Themes

Most of these you can find in the menus on FG - just click the burger 3 line menu on mobile or hover over 'More' on the menu bar on PC.

I'm all good taking any feedback, good, bad or just comments. If we don't know, we can't improve.

Cheers all!

FG app
Posted
2 hours ago, Lurchzy said:

How do you get the app?

It's a web app via your browser. Go to FG via your browser and click the browser 3 dots (Best on Chrome I find on your phone). On that menu somewhere it should say Install FG App and it'l do that so you get instant notifications to your phone ❤️🖤

Scroll Bar Turned Invisible
Posted

Thanks for the spot, James. Theres a few things that got knocked out over the weekend and this was one. I need to find the code and change the colour as its there but extremely faint on dark mode. Its available on light mode in case people need to see it for abit whilst I add to my list to fix 👍

10 Years
Posted

I really love this place. Like REALLY love it. And you lot. You're annoying, frustrating and absolutely hilarious at the best/worst of times.

Our little home on the world wide webz is something to be proud of and shout about more in my eyes. We're far from perfect but I'd love more to know how awesome this place, and you guys and girls are.

Here's to the next 10 years. Cheers for sticking around and getting involved and being a family for life. ❤️

Hi FG! Its been a while for some new fun stuff to get involved in here, so we now have a new area called Predictions. Click below to go straight to them and 'join' before the deadlines!

PREDICTIONS

We have a Football AND an NFL one to get started. Some great fun and literally takes a second to 'join' and then make your picks within 30 seconds. Leaderboard keeps the scores against each other for some lovely banter and bragging rights in FG!

On top of this we also have an Fantasy Football and NFL Fantasy Draft for FG going too which we'd love more people to join. Get your interest on these below!:

Football

(code to join - GJL0DZ )

NFL

I know loads of us here love sport and even if you don't, its something really easy to get involved in. Who knows, if we can get lots of us into this stuff then maybe we can put some fun small prizes on them at some stage.

Let us know your thoughts below if you want to see any other predictions on here too? You never know, we could even see some different sports or esport gaming predictions if people want to see that.

GGFG All! ❤️🖤

RIP TheReverend - Our Rob McGee
Posted

We've received the tragic news that yesterday we lost one of our longstanding members from the early days, Rob McGee. Some would've known him by TheReverend or el Capitan. 💔

311796432_5033835076717732_3449782105652270617_n.jpg

His Sister said that Rob passed away in Leeds general Infirmary yesterday after a sudden illness. He then went on to help 4 people live out their lives, let their families watch their loved one grow old and not experience this grief.

Many wouldn't have known Rob recently but his last post shown that he was struggling hard with life - we also supported him through the Forever Gaming Feel Good Fund when he needed it most. He used to be extremely good at Call of Duty games and also played a lot with us on Destiny too.

I kind of dreaded the day that we'd hear about someone we lost here. Rob was a great lad, Huddersfield football fan, we even spoke about watching our teams play when we got the chance, kicking myself that i should've arranged it sooner.

Please leave any memories and wishes below - I'll gladly share it with the family at some stage.

Rest in Peace, Rob. We'll have another Search and Destroy game in the next life mate ❤️

Posted
2 hours ago, James5497 said:

It's light blue on my mobile browser.

Thats Mentions, not the scroll bar which was the original issue on desktop.

I've changed it to Blue for now. Its an easy change but can't actually remember what the other colour was 🤣 Difficulty is hmgetting the mentions to stay clear so it needs to be a light colour. Happy to look at other colours, I'll probably mess with it a few more hundred times before it sticks the way it is😅

Posted

@James5497 cheers for the heads up. This one I do know about 😅 but its working out what colour will work best as when the update happened it made them very red so you couldn't see anyone's names! It may need to be a completely different colour altogether so we can all see the mentioned tag so don't be surprised if you see it change again.

3 minutes ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

Nah, thats just Lee loving pink.

Well, it is a pretty pink 💗😄

Posted

Thanks for highlighting @J4MES OX4D. No, you aren't on your own. The latest software updated knocked some things out, including colours so i'm slowly rectifying each one as and when I come across them. I didn't notice this straight away as I more miss the 'Back To Top' button in the bottom right...thats just waiting for a software update to add it back on so hopefully both can be fixed relatively soon.

Let us know if anything else doesn't look quite right too as I only know what I know! Cheers! 🙂

March 2023 FGFGF Giveaway

2 Prizes this month!

Prize 1 - A £10/$10 Game voucher of your choice!

Prize 2 - A £5/$5 Game voucher of your choice!

Choose either:

• Playstation Voucher
  • Xbox Voucher
  • Steam Voucher

Available to all Members that are part of the FGers Group and above (FG Rank 'Apprentice' and above).

This is being made available as part of the Forever Gaming Feel Good Fund - to support and help us give more back to gamers this way please consider donating via our FG Memberships or a one-off donation!

Good Luck FGers!

Happy Birthdays!
Posted
39 minutes ago, Tar-Eruntalion said:

Happy birthday to @Diddums and @NCA-Paendrag hope you have a great day!!

Also, sorry if I have forgotten anyone but in the past site layout I could easily see birthdays, with the new one I don't know where they are at all😥

I know what you mean....its been taken out of the core software 😔 If there was a demand for it, I could see if I can get some code and plugins that could try to bring it back if we feel it was a nice added touch? If someone can add an Idea for it here that would be great to see if there is enough interest in it. ❤️

FG Twitch
Posted

Funny you should mention this as I've been looking at our Twitch recently. Unfortunately last time we checked, Twitch only allows one PS4/5 to be linked to a Twitch account. We should try it again I suppose but I think its because if you both try to go live at the same time it doesn't know how to handle it.

If we have trusted people to use it, then we can just co-ordinate the logging in and logging out basically. We talked about it a few years ago when we thought about getting some sort of weekly streams across multiple people on FG streams. I love that you are interested in helping trying to get something going, so lets work out how to do this whilst trying to incorporate more people in FG with it all.

Just as a separate FYI, I'll set up a poll soon for us to change the Twitch name to something more memorable for people that come across us or people here trying to remember what our stream name is.

You do not have permission to view this content.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy