Community Calendar

Event details

FG Spring Season Race #11

Willow Springs: Big Willow 

Gr.4

20 laps

Tyres x3

Fuel x4

Soft and Medium tyres. Mediums are compulsory for one lap minimum.

It's possible to do all 20 laps on one tank in the Mediums.

From 10 laps in the RCZ on Softs I was getting 1:17 

Race 2

Lago Maggiore GP2 (reverse)

Gr.2

6 laps 

Any tyres, no fuel use.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I've been consistently hitting 1:15 in mediums, not sure if that's a good time or if I'm doing something wrong. Keep struggling with the last long corner as well.. Do you take it as two apex or one? 

43 minutes ago, Lurch said:

I've been consistently hitting 1:15 in mediums, not sure if that's a good time or if I'm doing something wrong. Keep struggling with the last long corner as well.. Do you take it as two apex or one? 

From what I can remember on the last corner you may have to lift off a little to get round the full corner. @Mikepjbell  I know from previous experiences said he found a way to take the full corner without braking but i'm trying to find that myself. Whether that is impacted by controller or wheel i'm not sure.

3 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

From what I can remember on the last corner you may have to lift off a little to get round the full corner. @Mikepjbell  I know from previous experiences said he found a way to take the full corner without braking but i'm trying to find that myself. Whether that is impacted by controller or wheel i'm not sure.

Its not possible, I had a specific thing switched on which allowed me to do it. Its Tom's fault! 

4 hours ago, Lurch said:

I've been tapping the brake at the 100m marker and downshifting to squeeze it. Are you practicing in a lobby, or just the offline time trial? Not sure why but  time trials always give me a false sense of security, maybe the cars aren't balanced?

You can take the corner almost flat if you down shift and turn in smoothly at the 150m board and slightly run the kerb on the inside. 

However as the race runs on and understeer becomes more of an issue then you will need to tap the brake on entry to get the nose in 

1 hour ago, jordie1892 said:

I've been tapping the brake at the 100m marker and downshifting to squeeze it. Are you practising in a lobby, or just the offline time trial? Not sure why but  time trials always give me a false sense of security, maybe the cars aren't balanced?

If you practise in the single player time trial then you need to make sure that in the settings menu, you enable BoP (Balance of Power) for the circuit.  The main problem with testing in a time trial is you can't specify fuel or tyre wear so if you want to figure out strategy you need to do it in a lobby.  I also prefer to do any practise in a lobby as it's much easier to try different cars out rather than having to reload the track over and over.

15 hours ago, Greboth said:

If you practise in the single player time trial then you need to make sure that in the settings menu, you enable BoP (Balance of Power) for the circuit.  The main problem with testing in a time trial is you can't specify fuel or tyre wear so if you want to figure out strategy you need to do it in a lobby.  I also prefer to do any practise in a lobby as it's much easier to try different cars out rather than having to reload the track over and over.

That's a really useful tip, considering my usual strategy is hammer it until I run out of fuel, then panic😂

The single player time trial tracks also have more grip for some reason, so even with all other settings the same, it would still give a false time in comparison.

Can people recommend some good GR4 cars to try. I only have the TT and McLaren, I don’t just wanna randomly buy cars if they’re gonna be shit and slow. 

36 minutes ago, Teenwolf25 said:

Can people recommend some good GR4 cars to try. I only have the TT and McLaren, I don’t just wanna randomly buy cars if they’re gonna be shit and slow. 

I'll probably use the TT as it's a very strong car on this track.

If you have credits to burn you could also try the VW Scirocco.