Red Bull or Tokyo 

4 laps

Wet tyres

No fuel or tyre use, I'm not a sadist 😎

First race begins 8.30pm

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

2 hours ago, Shucker said:

Being very new to all this, it'd be great if someone might recommend cars for each track. I saw everyone was using the R8 last week and didn't have one. Bought it the other day and tried it out and on my second lap of the same track I shaved almost two seconds on my best lap in the Porsche that I had been using.

If you go on 'Sport' mode, pick the race and go to qualifying you can see your friends times and then switch to see the top 10 times in the world to see what the best cars are possible. I'd imagine for Tsukuba the Audi TT or Peugeot RCZ will be fast though I don't actually know.  For Mount Panorama, I think the Chevrolet Corvette was the fastest last time.

16 hours ago, Shucker said:

Being very new to all this, it'd be great if someone might recommend cars for each track. I saw everyone was using the R8 last week and didn't have one. Bought it the other day and tried it out and on my second lap of the same track I shaved almost two seconds on my best lap in the Porsche that I had been using.

A good combination of cars at Gr.3 might be the Nissan and the Audi, while at Gr.4 the Audi and Peugeot are good cars to own. Some are better on tracks with long straights, others are better at cornering. But mostly its whatever car you feel most comfortable in, as we have BOP enabled to balance the performance. I hate the Gr.3 Audi R8 for example and rarely drive it.

4 hours ago, phil bottle said:

But mostly its whatever car you feel most comfortable in

This is the key point for me @Shucker . @Mikepjbell  can get an Audi R8 to work way better than me but i'm most likely faster in the Vantage and Front engine Rear Wheel Drive (FR cars). The more you practice I tend to take some mental notes for myself on how I do, how well I can hold the oversteer/understeer depending on the car, so I know i can try those cars first. A car you're comfortable with is a far better choice for our races over one lap speed because you are likely to be way more consistent than you would be in a more volatile car.

12 hours ago, Shucker said:

Yeah, I agree but I have so few cars that I can't really get a feel for what might be my jam is or has the potential to be. Plan to buy some of the top cars that do well across most tracks and then see how I do. Might be a good idea to first work out if I do better in FWD vs RWD to help narrow down the field a little.

If you spend 20 minutes in the game each day, you get a free car, every day. Just have to drive a minimum of 26 miles. I've hundreds of cars and not spent a penny.