WhatsApp versus the Forum

JsinOwl

I think we have a situation where our constant chatter on WhatsApp is causing forum activity to dwindle. Which is okay I guess, but people who are not in the WhatsApp group are missing out on a lot of banter.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people really like the quick text responses on various topics. I feel both forum and chat have their pros and cons. Big updates of information or big threads to discuss I feel are more appropriate for the forum. Banter and discussions on the spur of the moment is nice with Whatsapp. Just my opinion; I don't post much on forum unless it's an update or I want to look at other threads.

Whatsapp is annoying as shit. 

I only talk to Sam and Chirs on it, and even then, we have had 4 messages in the last month. All of which were Happy Turkey Day

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I think for everyday banter like the massive group is fine and fun. I mute it so the notifications never bother me.

For resources and game discussion I'll always post in the forums first. Things that need to be saved or discussed I like it here, but spur of the moment get togethers I like WhatsApp.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

I think people really like the quick text responses on various topics. I feel both forum and chat have their pros and cons. Big updates of information or big threads to discuss I feel are more appropriate for the forum. Banter and discussions on the spur of the moment is nice with Whatsapp. Just my opinion; I don't post much on forum unless it's an update or I want to look at other threads.

This is my feeling as well. Some things are more appropriate to the forum, other things are better on WhatsApp. My only fear is that folks who aren't on WhatsApp may think things are more 'dead' than they actually are. It's been great hearing from Tam and Euan again.

Whatsapp is annoying as shit.

I only talk to Sam and Chirs on it, and even then, we have had 4 messages in the last month. All of which were Happy Turkey Day

Annoying in what way?

I'm in wattsapp raid group and there hasn't been a message in two weeks. Where's all this banter we are missing!

Bob, the raid group is specifically for planning Destiny events. There's another group that's just bullshitting.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

Annoying in what way?

An update a few months back broke notification muting on my phone

I leave the group to stop my phone from going nuts

I get put back in the group

I leave the group

I leave the group

I uninstall the app because WTF, I left for a reason

I get talked into redownloading the app

Smaller group, mainly those of us trying to beat the raid for the first time

No big deal, I deal with the notifications not muting because we weren't really talking on it

Small group gets merged with big group

I leave the group

I leave the group

I leave the group

Finally it dies down, and I am not invited back into it.

We all voted to get rid of the Shoutbox on the site because it was annoying, then folks jumped to a more annoying chat program

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I don't see why both can't run perfectly fine together, i very seen very little on whatsapp that really needs to go on the forum and if something is possibly time sensitive post in both places.

I'm finding it hard to see a problem here unless Euan is missed so badly :)

Let's not also forget that it's just been black friday and cyber mongday, so people have been spending their time online looking for deals. Plus the festive season is coming so people have their minds elsewhere a bit too. Forums are generally a bit dead at this time of year.

That said, my sig on ever other site I'm a member of is a link to here. Loads of people saying that it's dead here and nobody doing anything about it.

I do try but my time is fairly limited at the moment.

banlol.png

Let's not also forget that it's just been black friday and cyber mongday, so people have been spending their time online looking for deals. Plus the festive season is coming so people have their minds elsewhere a bit too. Forums are generally a bit dead at this time of year.

That said, my sig on ever other site I'm a member of is a link to here. Loads of people saying that it's dead here and nobody doing anything about it.

I do try but my time is fairly limited at the moment.

I've been advertising our forum url on my emblem in BO3. Hoping that it might attract a few more people.

My tuppence:

I've been on the forum for two years and haven't been invited to the whatapp group. Shame on you.

So, "god only knows what shit is being said behind my back", would be what I would say if I were insecure.

But I'm not, so thanks, and carry on :lol:

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I'm not a big fan of Whatsapp.  The forum has definitely seemed dead lately.  I haven't done anything to really help either.  Just been feeling blah lately.  I think it's just that time of year.  People are out running around, so it's easy to chat and talk shit on an app than post up on a forum.  Things will probably pick back up in January.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Anyone who wants to join the WhatsApp group PM Diddums your number.

WhasApp is just a message service. I'm not a messaging aficionado, but it seems a nice product to me. As far as I know, there's one group for chit chat and another specifically for coordinating Destiny events.

I'd vote for both carrying on.

To cater for both we just to have to be mindful though:

1) we don't post too much game discussiony stuff on whatsapp

2) we all find some time here and there to post on the forum. Let's face it, it's why we're all together in the first place.

I have to apologise for not posting alot of late. Work, home and kids bullshit has got in the way, but it won't be always like that. Once i have time, I'll bring some game news to the threads.

This isn't a major one though, as Didds said, its that time of the year.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb