New monitor ideas.

FallenDark200

Anyone here would be interested in giving me a input on what I should do for a monitor upgrade. So my pc is running a rtx 3080 and a ryzen 9 5900x currently my monitor is a MSI Optix MAG321CQR 32 1440p monitor and I didn't know if I should upgrade to 4k yet was looking at the gigabyte 32u or the new asus 32 inch 4k without the mini led anyone have insight on this. This monitor I have now is basically a budget monitor without hdr. Should I go high end 1440p monitor and wait fir 4k down the road or buy one now.

I know with invidias newest gpu update I can compress my settings into 4k off of 1440p but not sure if I should go for the real thing or just wait for better pc upgrades.

How flush are you? That's the biggest thing. If $1k is a decent chunk of money, then stick it in the S&P500 or something, as that'll be worth more to you than a new monitor. "Wtf are you talking about Diddums" - the jump from your monitor to a $1k monitor will disappoint you. Yours is already a rather decent monitor and truth be told you're looking at triple your budget to notice a worthwhile improvement. 

That being said, do you have an electronics warehouse local to you? We have Curry's here in the UK which is the worst company on the face of the earth and deserves to die a slow and painful death but you can still visit their stores and see stuff in the flesh. 

What's Amazon's returns policy like over there? You could also max out your $1k budget and see if you think it's worth it and send it back if you don't like it, that's what I would do if you don't have a "Curry's". 

banlol.png