New to Gaming

Emma McManus

@Diddums🤣🤣 ha ha you literally forecasted the future!!! 
Oh Jesus Why did I even have to open that email this morning. Last night I was on a total high that is got it sorted, and of course I still am but because it’s something I’m so unfamiliar with and even the process of upgrading etc I’m allowing that email to wreck my head!! 

Regarding my budget are we taking about for the monitor?? Because I’ve already bought that PC last night, so it’s signed, sealed, delivered, arriving here in about a week!! Lol.  But yes I do want a gaming PC that will last him at least 2-3 years before I need to spend a fortune upgrading it. 😫

The monitor id like to get for £200 MAX. 

im getting totally ahead of myself now, but say in 2-3 years are we looking at £2500 to upgrade Danny to next “best” thing?? Sweet Jesus! Lol.  

And here is the space we hope it will go….

we will be moving the keyboard and that Lego unit. 

image.jpg

@Emma McManus  The good news is that they're both MSI monitors so you can see the comparison on their website:

https://uk.msi.com/Monitors/Products#?tag_multi_select=41529&compare=T3B0aXgtRzI0QzQ=,T3B0aXgtRzI0MVZD

First off, the one he sent through is ever so slightly better (Refresh rate is 144Hz on the one you shared, the one Didds shared is 75Hz so not a huge difference really to a 10 year old). Secondly, i've noticed my monitors are ever so slightly different (mine are MAG241CR rather than G241VC) so I can only apologise as they looked identical. Mine is slightly better than the one you've shared but the price goes above 200. Nearer to 250 actually. I know I managed to wait for a sale and get one of mine for £189. The other was £40 more so you can see they fluctuate in price. If you get the one you shared for a decent price then I don't think it matters much between them IMHO 😄

MSI are a great make so you'll be set with whichever ones you get...just be careful if you surf for a better price, check the letters (just like I didn't 🤦‍♂️) as you can see there's tiny diffferences in letters as well as specifications. 

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

On 9/14/2021 at 4:49 PM, Emma McManus said:

Hi and many thanks for your reply. He plays roblox, minecraft, terraria, among us etc. He also has a PS4 and PS VR headset where he plays five nights at freddys, Spider-Man, various motorbike racing Games. He also has a switch where he plays Zelda, mario, etc. But he defo spending more time on terraria at the moment. I’m not into computer games at all lol and neither is my husband, so this is a total minefield to us! 🤯

we don’t have a monitor either so we are starting completely from scratch. 

thanks so much for your help, and I will defo take a look at the website you’ve suggested. 👍🏼👍🏼

If we talk about what computer games I like to play, then this is cs go. I also open cases from time to time on various platforms to collect csgo best ak skins. That's exactly what helps me relax.

The ideal specs for a gaming computer will depend on the type of games you play and your budget. However, in general, a good gaming PC should have the following components:

Processor: Modern Intel Core i5 or AMD Ryzen 5 processors are a good choice for most games. More demanding games may require a more powerful processor such as an Intel Core i7 or AMD Ryzen 7.

Video Card: The video card is the most important component for gaming. Modern video cards from NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 or AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT provide excellent performance in most games. More demanding games may require a more powerful graphics card such as NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 or AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT.

RAM: RAM is needed to store data that is currently being used by the game. 16GB of RAM is a good choice for most games. More demanding games may require 32GB of RAM or more.

Storage: The storage is used to store games and other files. SSDs provide faster download speeds than HDDs. We recommend using an SSD for gaming.

Monitor: The monitor is what you will see the game through. For gaming, it is recommended to use a monitor with a high refresh rate, such as 144Hz or 240Hz. This will allow you to get a smoother and more responsive gaming experience.

Audio System: The audio system is essential to the immersion of the game. A good gaming audio system will provide clear sound and powerful effects.