• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, I know what I'm doing with my free time for the next week or so:  

I think Civ was the first game I introduced @TurboR56Mini  for PC games. We wasted many months playing Civ 5 haha.   I still think Civ 4 is the best one.   Humankind is going to be

The OpenDev map sort of wants me to stab my eyeballs out... mostly because I cannot stand being so close to other AIs immediately. There are 3 other AIs are literally surrounding me, and it's driving

Posted Images

So, I tooled around in HumanKind OpenDev for a bit before I went to the gym yesterday... because I'm super excited for this game.

For those of you who have only played Civilization when it comes to these types of games, consider this a much more complex version. Civilization 6 took elements from Endless Legend. And, Humankind is from the same developers of Endless Legend. However, currently, it seems that not all the rules of Endless Legend apply? For example, if you start a "battle" with an "enemy" unit and you have another army unit nearby, that other army unit doesn't come to help like they would in Endless Legend.

Battlefield unit placements still apply here. I haven't unlocked on customizing my units yet... and I'm not sure if it's in here.

Districts still have various penalties when built.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the game. I only had about 40 minutes with it. I'm trying to understand the whole turning outposts into cities thing and what is best course for technology in the early eras.

You eventually get to choose what civilization you start with, but it's not an immediate thing. You have to get a certain amount of Stars (I think) to choose your civilization. While, I tend to play as those with science buffs, I really wanted to choose the Asians (because, hi, I'm Asian), but I don't necessarily care about culture? 

Anyway, below are some screenshots I took:

20210422163542_1.jpg

20210422163712_1.jpg

20210422165354_1.jpg

20210422165636_1.jpg

20210422170756_1.jpg

20210422171419_1.jpg

Many many ungodly hours in Civ and I also have Anno 1800 currently lined up for a session. One day, when I'm long and gone, one of these games will give real freedom and not limit the player to market based economics 😁

But this looks interesting nonetheless, mostly because of the enthusiasm of @RenFengge  🤗 and will definitely check it out.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

25 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Many many ungodly hours in Civ and I also have Anno 1800 currently lined up for a session. One day, when I'm long and gone, one of these games will give real freedom and not limit the player to market based economics 😁

But this looks interesting nonetheless, mostly because of the enthusiasm of @RenFengge  🤗 and will definitely check it out.

I think Civ was the first game I introduced @TurboR56Mini  for PC games. We wasted many months playing Civ 5 haha.

I still think Civ 4 is the best one.

Humankind is going to be a fantastic game when it is fully released (I think). It's a bit more realistic on the merging of cultures throughout the ages. That's what intrigues me.

The OpenDev map sort of wants me to stab my eyeballs out... mostly because I cannot stand being so close to other AIs immediately. There are 3 other AIs are literally surrounding me, and it's driving me to anger lol. Expanding your territory in Humankind is very tempered. Again, you cannot just build outposts then cities. You have to generate enough culture to do so. So, this run, I've focused more on Culture then Science. Doing a bit better.

The banter with the AIs during negotiations are actually entertaining and not irritating like in Civ 6.

Oh, and a la Endless Legend, there are choices to be made when stumbling on encampments or whatever.

I definitely almost lost track of time last night while playing. I missed my normal bedtime for 5AM gym, so I skipped gym today haha.

20210427202744_1.jpg

I wrapped up the Humankind OpevDev run on Saturday. There are still things in the game that I do not fully understand... and things I wonder where they are for quality of like (e.g., where's the mini-map?). I'm sure that they are probably in the game and just not in the OpenDev.

In this last run, I figured out trading. In Civ, you create trade routes via traders. In Humankind, you do it in your Relations panel. There aren't trade routes, per se.. but you can still pillage a route if you stumble upon it.. I think that's what it said. You can also "buy" the commodity and sell it for a higher price.

Oh, and the other major difference I want to highlight is the "Wonder" building.. you know how when you play Civ, and you race to build the Wonder before another Civilization finishes? Yeah.. that's not here in Humankind. But, if there's a perk from a Wonder that you do want, you better hope you generated enough culture/influence to "call dibs" on the wonder. You can only "call dibs"/build 1 wonder at a time... and you can devote as many cities as you want towards building it faster.

I'll probably load up Civ 6 soon... sort of a nice mental comparison/drop down to an easier game just for ha-has... but Humankind has got some fantastic elements in it. I can't wait.

Some screenshots:

20210501185652_1.jpg

20210501185717_1.jpg

20210501191108_1.jpg

20210501192802_1.jpg

20210501193527_1.jpg

20210501193648_1.jpg

20210501195434_1.jpg

20210501201821_1.jpg

20210501210856_1.jpg

20210501221927_1.jpg

20210501222001_1.jpg

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy