Sons of the Forest

J4MES OX4D

Played a bit of the first game when it came out on early access, but didnt check the final version, i should really go back to it before trying the successor. Very creepy game I seem to remember 🙂

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I know a few played the original on console so unsure how many will try it on PC. Looks very good on first viewing but I'd probably wait to see what others thought first. @tronic44, one for you to keep an eye out for your PC when you get time 😅

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

So yeah, of course I picked this game up, inevitable.

It's an excellent game, or it will be with some tweaks and bug fixes. Some things, like the inventory, crafting and building is overly complicated, which takes some getting used to. But most mechanics and UI are smooth. 

It also looks great.

I don't expect to play too much for now but I'll be keeping an eye on development, and if anyone else picks it up let me know.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Sarah and I have watched some gameplay of this.  I’ve never really got into the survival type games, but this looks pretty good.  

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

I haven't played much, maybe 5 hours or so, but they've been regularly adding to the game since launch, which has been nice to see. It's starting to look like a proper game, I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

5 hours ago, phil bottle said:

I haven't played much, maybe 5 hours or so, but they've been regularly adding to the game since launch, which has been nice to see. It's starting to look like a proper game, I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes.

We have a solid day in now and it's still pretty fun. We started a new save yesterday and started building our base. Those fuckers attack often. 

6 hours ago, TurboR56Mini said:

We have a solid day in now and it's still pretty fun. We started a new save yesterday and started building our base. Those fuckers attack often. 

Ha yeah, the fact that you can't go to sleep when they're in the vicinity caused me some issues. I made a house in a remote place but getting the timber was a pain.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

12 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Ha yeah, the fact that you can't go to sleep when they're in the vicinity caused me some issues. I made a house in a remote place but getting the timber was a pain.

For sure, Kel is helpful but playing with La and Kel is much better for sure.