Street Fighter 6 Pre-order Trailer

Tove

Do we have anyone here who plays fighting games?

I've dipped on and out over the years, but never tried actually learning due to the difficulty. I recently upgraded my aging Venom PS3/4 arcade stick to SANWA buttons and joystick. 

I've started playing T7 and yeah I'm a noob who loses 98% of match ups but still trying to learn Asuka and the Korean Back Dash.

I would put myself in the same boat as you. I really like fighting games but I'm not very good at them, I would say that I'm better that most of my friends but considerably worse than most people online so finding people to play with can be a bit difficult. 

I've always enjoyed fighting games since having SF2 on the SNES as a kid, I've attached a list of my current fighting games from Steam. 

Most recently I've mostly been playing Street Fighter 5 and Guilty Gear Strive, I've got about 30 hours in each of those games. Skull Girls is an interesting game too, with the option of each side picking up to 3 players and the game buffs or nerfs damage caused accordingly really interesting art style also and I can't forget about my all time favourite Killer Instinct. #

I've been playing with the Hori Octa controller which is a really interesting fightpad I played a lost of Strive with this one and the 8bitdo Arcade Stick which feels awesome in most games I've played.  

Fighting Games.PNG

On 12/9/2022 at 8:52 PM, Tove said:

Particularly the world tour aspect having some decent single player content is really interesting for a fighting game

This is where Soul Calibur always did well by fleshing out this mode to give some longevity to a fighting game.

@Spacedeck  @Tove , with you both there. Street Fighter was my go-to fighter a s a kid as I grew up playing SF2 Turbo Tournament on the Mega Drive. I just never sat down and studied some of the moves enough. Equally, there is so much more to it now. Even in Defence. @jordie1892  and @Stretch616  are the resident lovers of beat 'em ups but not sure they have this on their list. @LordBaguette dabbles in them too.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

On 12/15/2022 at 7:48 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

This is where Soul Calibur always did well by fleshing out this mode to give some longevity to a fighting game.

@Spacedeck  @Tove , with you both there. Street Fighter was my go-to fighter a s a kid as I grew up playing SF2 Turbo Tournament on the Mega Drive. I just never sat down and studied some of the moves enough. Equally, there is so much more to it now. Even in Defence. @jordie1892  and @Stretch616  are the resident lovers of beat 'em ups but not sure they have this on their list. @LordBaguette dabbles in them too.

Always been a Tekken fan, but never really ventured into other fighting games. I am excited for Tekken 8 however...