Warzone 2.0 File Size

IRaMPaGe

Pretty disgraceful really especially to the standard console users. The developers (primarily Raven) are perfectly capable of either compressing the game hard or putting more of a burden on their internal servers especially as it's a live service game. The updates will probably be 15-40gb at a time too. 

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Pretty disgraceful really especially to the standard console users. The developers (primarily Raven) are perfectly capable of either compressing the game hard or putting more of a burden on their internal servers especially as it's a live service game. The updates will probably be 15-40gb at a time too. 

Yeah it's a disgusting amount of storage, says in that article that Xbox series 1 only have a 364gb or something hard drive. No space for anything else really with added updates. 😒

2 hours ago, MrBiron said:

I really hope I can choose to not install it. I have the room but I'm just not arsed about Warzone.

If it's a forced uninstall then I will just remove MWII altogether. Can't see it being this way though but you never know what Activision will do. 

I guess we will tomorrow after the pre-install but the XBOX seems to be indicating much smaller than that. I comes in "mission packs".  

Seems to me like it is 115G for the entire thing. Maybe what I am seeing a place holder.

I think we will need the warzone stuff anyways. I have a feeling that's where the challenges and progression stats will be. Even if you don't play that part of the game you will need it for other things

1 hour ago, cyberninja2601 said:

I guess we will tomorrow after the pre-install but the XBOX seems to be indicating much smaller than that. I comes in "mission packs".  

Seems to me like it is 115G for the entire thing. Maybe what I am seeing a place holder.

I think we will need the warzone stuff anyways. I have a feeling that's where the challenges and progression stats will be. Even if you don't play that part of the game you will need it for other things

115gb by season 1 and Warzone +base game. I reckon Warzone will be 50-60gb maybe 70gb who knows?

Remember all the patches throughout the life cycle of MW19?

10gb here, 20 gb there. 

Some were 30 or 40gb.

It will be 200gb or over as the game goes on believe me, this is just the beginning......

Not sure about console but they've done some shitty stuff on PC - there was a backdoor pre-load all along for users who already have MWII installed from day one except you will still have to download the whopping remainder and the season one update on the 16th regardless. I've taken out the forced pre-load and hoping it will just install the season one content instead. So much for the pre-load being a substantial standalone portion of the required Warzone 2 install - it's just some shitty under the table authentication and we end up getting hammered on release day on both ends with season one on top. 

All this experience these developers have and they still can't concoct a simple content rollout. It's bad enough users have to install every file even if its for content they aren't using but they can't even do this shit seamlessly. I was looking forward to trying Warzone 2 but it's just gonna be the same old technical issues and strain and I'm not even holding out much hope for season one either. 

On the XBOX there is an Icon that says pre-download now. Which I did

It also says the Size for this device (XBOX is 51.65 GB)  

So it seems like the size if much smaller than what is reported (118) . You can also install/uninstall parts of the game

On Xbox 

Base game 48 Gbps 

Campaign   28.4

Co-op         4.9

multiplayer   8.8

warzone 2 (as of right now)  6.2

The 5 game items  8 add-ons  show to be 118.9 GB.  The add-ons are 10 MB each so they don't make much of a difference

48 + 28.4 + 4.9 + 8.8 + 6.2  =  96 so it just might be that the game in total is 118.9 and not just warzone as 23G is not accounted for here. 

On Wednesday that 6.3 just might increase for the rest of the GB which are not presently accounted for

PC download for non-MW2 owners is currently 23gb so that's clearly a partial install and not taking into account any core file compression. I've had downloads before that have been 38gb yet the files unpacked total beyond 80gb. The fact Activision haven't said how much the full download and uncompressed file size is clearly has me very concerned and it's just gonna be a painful repeat of the original Warzone. Nobody knows how much they will have to download on release day either and there seems to be a lot of confusion with the MW2-comby. 

I've blocked the Warzone 2 install for now. 

Looks like Warzone 2 is a forced install. I did everything to prevent it but got a 44gb installation this morning pop up. With the AppID being blended, you also can't determine if there is any season 1 stuff in there so stopping it is pointless. Season one content install has also been delayed to make way for Warzone 2 downloads so that's the ultimate middle finger from Cocktivision and the people that actually paid for the base game. The freeloaders get priority downloads basically. Also when Warzone 2 goes live, MWII owners wont be able to get playing that to make way for the delayed season one download. 

Complete balls-up as always. This should have been a staggered rollout over the course of a week. 

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Complete balls-up as always. This should have been a staggered rollout over the course of a week. 

It was.

You got to install campaign on the 21st and play for a week

You got to install multiplayer on the 28th and play for almost 3 weeks

They are installing WZ2 today

They top off MW2 with 2 maps, battle pass  after that

That's exactly what they did

3 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

It was.

You got to install campaign on the 21st and play for a week

You got to install multiplayer on the 28th and play for almost 3 weeks

They are installing WZ2 today

They top off MW2 with 2 maps, battle pass  after that

That's exactly what they did

I'm talking about the season one and Warzone download. What's the point of doing a pre-load if you're going to force users to burden themselves with the entire game file on the content release? Partial compressed installs on the back-end is the answer and how all live services should be ran when the onus is on the users to support all content they may not ever authenticate.