Overwatch 2 First Impressions

GazzaGarratt

Let's get a thread going to capture initial impressions from your first few matches (if you manage to have success with the servers that is!).

Thoughts below!

🔽🔽🔽

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Played first night, just one match versus AI

Played as Soldier 76 and didn't notice any difference with O1 but did feel the smaller team makes a big difference like Rachel said in another thread...

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Here ill put in a small summary for you 

Let's copy over watch one paste it with a 2 and tell everyone it's free so our hame doesn't die oh and also and new characters so they think it's a new game also change all night maps to day day maps to night and make some sort of purchasable  currency for all the skins.

Having never played OW1, I found this to be fairly enjoyable after the initial logging in bullshit.  I've been playing around with a few characters, and trying to unlock some of the other ones, but I feel like this will be one I'll enjoy much more with some FGers.  I'll dig in to this some more in the coming days.  Maybe I'll find a character that sticks with me.

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

I'm honestly annoyed at myself for not giving this a try during OW1.  I've found the experience really fun and I'm also not getting mad like I would in certain PvP environments like Destiny.  I'm just trucking along, trying out the various characters and seeing what feels good or not.   

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

Well, I still haven't had chance to get on. I seem to be having the LC-208 error that has been preventing many players getting on too. I'm glad that you have been enjoying it @Riff Machine . I think this game always feels better in a group, although I'm still concerned that 5v5 won't play as well as 6v6 but definitely committed to giving it a go. It does feel like they made the change to make it feel like a new game, when really it isn't at all. The OW '2' part was always going to be the PvE side of things and thats not coming until the next season so it will feel very similar.

Either way, Bastion was fun to use for the few games I initially got on Day 1. Unfortunately, Bastion now has a glitch with his super that I believe they are fixing and i've read Tjorborn has similar issues too.

What gamemodes are people trying out? Just quickplay or some Competitive?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

So I had a few games day after launch and imagine I will enjoy it, I didn't spend a lot of time with the first one but I'm particularly keen on the tank characters. Very much suit my playing style I think. 

I have just dived in and I felt I needed to spend some time actually learning the game so might try the tutorials when I next get on but for now getting the same error Lee is

Luseth.png

I didn't really put a massive amount into OW, So decided to give OW2 a try and definitely feels a little different, don't think there's much different to warrant it being called OW2, should of just been a free DLC, however it's a marketing technique which has worked to perfection as it seems so many people are playing it! Actually really enjoying it, slowly learning with help from others, think it's a game I'll come to like alot! 8/10

5v5 could really hurt this game, it’s ok for someone who plays competitively with a group of mates but this will really put off the casual single player people who just hop on for fun on their own. 6v6 allowed for at least a couple of deaths before your team gets washed but this one is basically one death and you might as well turn around and group up.

It also means less splitting up within your team, before you could basically halve your team and go different routes but you can’t with this. It will make it more competitive for those types of players but like I said above, it could hurt the people that were a bit more casual.

I don’t mind them using the same maps and it basically being the same game. The amount of times a company has had a solid game, only to release a new one and it be dog shite. New maps, new characters, new game mode and you don’t have to pay a single penny. You could say it’s lazy but at the same time you could say why change something that’s no broke….apart from the 5v5, think they might have broken it there.

On 10/29/2022 at 8:19 PM, tronic44 said:

5v5 could really hurt this game, it’s ok for someone who plays competitively with a group of mates but this will really put off the casual single player people who just hop on for fun on their own. 6v6 allowed for at least a couple of deaths before your team gets washed but this one is basically one death and you might as well turn around and group up.

It also means less splitting up within your team, before you could basically halve your team and go different routes but you can’t with this. It will make it more competitive for those types of players but like I said above, it could hurt the people that were a bit more casual.

I don’t mind them using the same maps and it basically being the same game. The amount of times a company has had a solid game, only to release a new one and it be dog shite. New maps, new characters, new game mode and you don’t have to pay a single penny. You could say it’s lazy but at the same time you could say why change something that’s no broke….apart from the 5v5, think they might have broken it there.

This actually stopped me from getting into OW2, I hadn't played OW1 so am completely new to the franchise, I love the Characters, the Game modes, the classes, but I just found solo matches to be such a mixed bag. I found that when playing solo I never really had any good supports making tank and dps really difficult to play so spent most of my time playing support. I had some great games where the tank and dps players took care didn't stray too far and protected me, but for this most part I found that the other players just left you on your own ran off on their own and died quite quickly. Which became quite frustrating.