Playstation Stars

So Playstation will be launching a free loyalty programme later this year with rewards like digital collectables, psn games and psn credit. This could be a pretty cool thing to join as it will give you targets to hit and monthly campaigns and activities, even for being the first in a region to platinum a game - one for you @slamminbones  .

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/07/14/introducing-playstation-stars-an-all-new-loyalty-program/#sf258509072

I hope it's similar to how nintendo does it with their eshop.  Didn't Microsoft try something similar to this that just fell flat?  I remember something about using gamer score points to discount or purchase games.  Maybe i'm wrong.  

Sony kind of needs something to spice up their store front to be honest.   I hate the UI on the PS5 for it.  I wish they overhaul the whole damn thing.

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

6 hours ago, Riff Machine said:

Didn't Microsoft try something similar to this that just fell flat?  I remember something about using gamer score points to discount or purchase games.  Maybe i'm wrong.  

Yeah, Microsoft has 'perks' that you build up points with and get add ons and game extras

Thanks for sharing this @Antpool84 ! I love the concept of stuff like this. Similar to our own FG Achievements here, I always think stuff like this helps to makes games more fun and for us that are less creative, it helps with goals and objectives whilst playing.

Sorry to seem abit dumb on this one though....what do we actually do to 'activate' it. I can't see where we can make this live or where it shows when we're online. The PSN website doesn't really make that clear and I haven't seen anythin pop whilst we've been online over the past few weeks. Help please if anyone can?! 😅

Forum Signature Test.png

4 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Thanks for sharing this @Antpool84 ! I love the concept of stuff like this. Similar to our own FG Achievements here, I always think stuff like this helps to makes games more fun and for us that are less creative, it helps with goals and objectives whilst playing.

Sorry to seem abit dumb on this one though....what do we actually do to 'activate' it. I can't see where we can make this live or where it shows when we're online. The PSN website doesn't really make that clear and I haven't seen anythin pop whilst we've been online over the past few weeks. Help please if anyone can?! 😅

Lol It doesnt go live until later this year if i remember rightly, so i cant imagine us hearing anything about it until September at the earliest. 

On 7/20/2022 at 2:20 PM, Antpool84 said:

Lol It doesnt go live until later this year if i remember rightly, so i cant imagine us hearing anything about it until September at the earliest. 

i'm such a twat 🤣 Thanks mate! Really hope its like the Nintendo stars like Chad said. I did collect them at the start and the offerings on their reward system were pretty cool, nothing major but nice little fun thing to keep you going as you bought Nintendo stuffs.

Forum Signature Test.png