Show us your recent retro purchases!

GazzaGarratt

I never got round to uploading these photos late in the summer but I picked up my first sega saturn and first few games for it along with a PS1 game that was meant to be the prelude to the shadow hearts games on the ps2.

Admittedly I have not played them yet but they are on my list to play in the near future, particularly Kodelka which looks just my type of game.

IMG_3744.jpeg

IMG_3752.jpeg

Luseth.png

Ah man, those Sega Saturn games makes me want to sort my gaming station out again as I haven't got all space right now for all the consoles out. Shining Force 2 is supposed to be a stellar game i've heard, nice purchases Matt!

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

11 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Ah man, those Sega Saturn games makes me want to sort my gaming station out again as I haven't got all space right now for all the consoles out. Shining Force 2 is supposed to be a stellar game i've heard, nice purchases Matt!

That's 3 (or at least part 1 of 3) 😄 The second game is the only one I do not have 😞 The first game I have on mega drive but doesn't have the manual, the third game, the later parts were never released outside Japan so they only way I will play them is a re-release or emulation (I am fairly sure there are English translations). But we will see, I am playing the first one on the Switch at the moment as they did a re release. It's up there with Fire emblem as one of my favourite series. I won't tell you what I paid for the third game 😄

Luseth.png

Shining Force is a great series.  Nice grabs @Luseth 🤘🏻

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

Bought another game gear.  I've recapped my old one, but it needs a new screen.  This one came with a game, and the master gear converter.  Going to look at sourcing my own caps rather than buying kits which should save some pennies.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

I put this on my PPR but I thought I'd post it here as well. I manage to pick up, The Simpsons Hit and Run, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Sonic Heroes and Star Wars Battlefront 2 all for Playstation 2.

I also then received a few other beauties including SSX and PES from @GazzaGarrattwhich I was extremely happy about.

I've yet had the time to properly play any of them but I am very excited for when that moment does come around!

PXL_20230110_210943065.jpg

57 minutes ago, James5497 said:

I put this on my PPR but I thought I'd post it here as well. I manage to pick up, The Simpsons Hit and Run, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Sonic Heroes and Star Wars Battlefront 2 all for Playstation 2.

I also then received a few other beauties including SSX and PES from @GazzaGarrattwhich I was extremely happy about.

I've yet had the time to properly play any of them but I am very excited for when that moment does come around!

PXL_20230110_210943065.jpg

set yourself aside an evening a week as retro game night 🙂 one of the best thing I started doing and even get the little un to have a go sometime ^_^

Luseth.png

25 minutes ago, Luseth said:

set yourself aside an evening a week as retro game night 🙂 one of the best thing I started doing and even get the little un to have a go sometime ^_^

That sounds like a good idea, I just need to find an evening I can sacrifice now 😂 seem to be doing something every night which is really getting in the way of my valuable gaming time 😂

1 hour ago, Luseth said:

Thats a great shout that even I struggle to follow! May give this a bash. I'd love to get to a point where we're all trying the same old retro game, maybe once a month to start with. It would be good to share views, opinions, tactics and also high scores ofc 😄 Maybe worth a separate thread at some point for us all. Even if its just 2 or 3 of us, i'd still do it.

I've been recently reconciling my PS1 games as I did have quite a few naughty copied discs back in the day (hey, not my fault my parents clearly didn't want me to have the proper ones!) so I thought it was time to fix that. There's a few new ones below though as a few half decent deals came up with the game I needed so picked them up at the same time.

Looking forward to trying out all teh football games later in the year and hopefully with others here face to face when I've sorted my space out.

WhatsApp Image 2023-02-01 at 1.55.21 PM.jpeg  WhatsApp Image 2023-02-01 at 1.55.21 PM (1).jpeg  WhatsApp Image 2023-02-01 at 1.55.21 PM (2).jpeg

Fun useless fact. I could never beat Tenchu properly as it was rock hard when I was young. Couldn't even get past the first level boss! I ended up using the infinite health cheat to help me complete it instead. I'll go back soon to see if my skills have actually done anything in the past 25 years 😅

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I've been recently reconciling my PS1 games as I did have quite a few naughty copied discs back in the day (hey, not my fault my parents clearly didn't want me to have the proper ones!) so I thought it was time to fix that. There's a few new ones below though as a few half decent deals came up with the game I needed so picked them up at the same time.

Looking forward to trying out all teh football games later in the year and hopefully with others here face to face when I've sorted my space out.

WhatsApp Image 2023-02-01 at 1.55.21 PM.jpeg  WhatsApp Image 2023-02-01 at 1.55.21 PM (1).jpeg  WhatsApp Image 2023-02-01 at 1.55.21 PM (2).jpeg

Fun useless fact. I could never beat Tenchu properly as it was rock hard when I was young. Couldn't even get past the first level boss! I ended up using the infinite health cheat to help me complete it instead. I'll go back soon to see if my skills have actually done anything in the past 25 years 😅

A nice line up there Lee, think I've played them all aside from the Brian Lara Cricket. 

I have no interest in Cricket. 

My favourites from that pile would be. 

Tenchu

Destruction Derby

The Tomb Raiders

Pandemonium 

2 hours ago, IRaMPaGe said:

I've played them all aside from the Brian Lara Cricket. 

That's a shocking thing to admit. Everyone and their grandma had Brian Lara Cricket in their PS1 library🤣

I even had two copies just in case I misplaced one. 

57 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

That's a shocking thing to admit. Everyone and their grandma had Brian Lara Cricket in their PS1 library🤣

I even had two copies just in case I misplaced one. 

It's not an offence since I'm Scottish. 

In Scotland an interest in cricket is frowned upon, people are more accepting of a heroin addiction than a love for cricket in Scotland. 

I went to see An Inspector Calls before my GCSEs, the Inspector was played by Tom Baker. It's a sad play but we all started laughing when he appeared. Quality Dr Who, though slightly before my time. 

Nice find @Macca89

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Just had two more childhood gems arrive in the post.

I'm so disappointed these games disappeared and I had to repurchase them but I'm glad I've finally got them back.

Planning to have a retro games night with @Loz Mars  as well at some point which should be fun!

PXL_20230201_193620756.jpg

27 minutes ago, James5497 said:

Just had two more childhood gems arrive in the post.

I'm so disappointed these games disappeared and I had to repurchase them but I'm glad I've finally got them back.

Planning to have a retro games night with @Loz Mars  as well at some point which should be fun!

PXL_20230201_193620756.jpg

I may have a PC code for a copy of Destroy All Humans if you fancy it.

Also, I have that Lego Star Wars trilogy installed on my SteamDeck, what a classic 🙂

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

3 hours ago, phil bottle said:

I may have a PC code for a copy of Destroy All Humans if you fancy it.

Also, I have that Lego Star Wars trilogy installed on my SteamDeck, what a classic 🙂

Oh man I would love that, unfortunately I don't own a PC. I'm really looking forward to playing it on my Playstation 2 though!

Can't beat a good Lego game 🤘

So I went to my first little retro game fair this morning. Safe to say I enjoyed it and now have my eye out for the big one that occurs in Doncaster every now and again ^_^ (Anyone fancy an FG trip maybe?)

Anyways my little haul for the day -

1CB22EF1-B177-4A2E-8AF9-6A77C16AE5E4.thumb.jpeg.5d63e775785d46f39da18b4683655447.jpeg

Luseth.png

1 hour ago, Luseth said:

Safe to say I enjoyed it and now have my eye out for the big one that occurs in Doncaster every now and again ^_^ (Anyone fancy an FG trip maybe?)

Sweet haul and absolutely YES to a trip! Just looking at those retro treasures makes me want to get some more now 😅

So recently I have had a bit of a focus on psp and ps vita games, the vita games I have 3 new additions and I am finding the games already pricey to collect so be mindful of that if you ever want to collect vita stuff. 

That said if you want to begin a collection and keep it wuite affordable, psp is a nice place to start, the last couple of months I have picked up a fair few games (most of them being under a tenner) and they are all fun exciting games in my eyes, many of which I have not played to date -

IMG_5393.jpeg

Luseth.png