FG Gamerscore, Trophies and More

I just set up some new features active in case you didn't notice 😂

FG Gamerscore

This is now a thing.

You all accrue points. For posting, getting positive feedback, keeping your PPR up to date, creating Topics, making and posting videos, even just for logging in.

We needed to reward you for coming here so I hope this helps towards being around.

The Points or Gamerscore (if I can rename it) will link to a Members Shop in the menu. For now it has a fee things available but only when you get enough points. Essentially, you get rewards for contributing and keeping FG running.

So start with 5k points you can claim an FG Mug and for 10k points you can claim a game voucher. Feedback is welcome as its something brand new we can work on.

Trophies

In a bid to keep you working towards goals, there are trophies for being around FG. Again a few to start with but obviously long standing FGers would have just received a shit ton of trophies as they've been here for a while. For newer people theres tons now to unlock as a nice incentive and will show up on your profile as a separate tab.

Medals

These will follow but can be given out by certain people to recognise their contribution to FG. First one will likely be linked to FGer of the Month, coming soon.

Ranks

Brand new ranks are now active (linked to trophies too) and will show on your profile. These are just connected to posts count which is extremely common across forums. 18 ranks up to 10k posts as a start.

We'll see how this runs for a while. We'll also work on some graphics for trophies too and flesh out more stuff along the way.

Keep the feedback coming people.  We can build on this quite abit I'm sure. Thanks.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Nice idea Lee, just one niggle....my rank appears to be Master Guardian Elite but the badge showing in my posts is Master Guardian ll

Not that I’m concerned about rank or status....😎

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

1 hour ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Nice idea Lee, just one niggle....my rank appears to be Master Guardian Elite but the badge showing in my posts is Master Guardian ll

Not that I’m concerned about rank or status....😎

I stupidly put total content rather than posts as the target so it was out of sync. That's all changed now. Not sure it removes trophies but it's a learn for me. Cheers for the heads up Dave.

28 minutes ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

Wouldn't it give more merit if the rank/badge showed beside the usernames and not just on the profile page? Used alot on other forums I've seen. 

It does. Just not on mobile, because mobile versions are always stripped down on most sites. I'll see if I can show it though as I managed to switch on signatures for mobile.

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

It does. Just not on mobile, because mobile versions are always stripped down on most sites. I'll see if I can show it though as I managed to switch on signatures for mobile.

Ah. Didn't think of that 🙂

I'm still using the desktop version in my head, as that was the case before. Guess that's a long time ago now 😄

I don't use the app as I don't see the point when this site is the startpage on my browser. 

9 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I stupidly put total content rather than posts as the target so it was out of sync. That's all changed now. Not sure it removes trophies but it's a learn for me. Cheers for the heads up Dave.

So that's why I have gotten the Master Guardian I trophy even though I don't have 3500 posts yet? 🙂

(Gold Master Elite showing correctly then) 

6 hours ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

Ah. Didn't think of that 🙂

I'm still using the desktop version in my head, as that was the case before. Guess that's a long time ago now 😄

I don't use the app as I don't see the point when this site is the startpage on my browser. 

I use the browser exactly like you do (that's why I've never understood how hard it is to check here if its your homepage or a window open 😆)

I have the App to because I need to see if it's always working - it is good that you get a direct notification if someone quotes, mentions you or likes your post. It just misses all the work we put it on this tbh.

1 hour ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

So that's why I have gotten the Master Guardian I trophy even though I don't have 3500 posts yet? 🙂

(Gold Master Elite showing correctly then) 

Yep. I screwed which I apologise for. Not sure if I can reapply now if you still have the trophy. Might only be one trophy slip up though (hopefully).

No need to apologize, I noticed that my posts didn't add up 🙂

I guess it pops up correctly when I hit 3500.

So you don’t get notifications on the app? 

And I'm starting to love Chameleon Dark theme 😲😎

We need some kind of a reference to see which rank is which and the heirarchy? Does this exist? I can't have any of the poors being below me [emoji3]
Agreed. I was trying to find time to do an infographic but not had chance yet. Lemme see what i can do over the next few days...