Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited

Could I ask why you hated it? I put a solid 2 months into the game and it was really well done and enjoyable, especially the veteran dungeons.

For an MMO with no subscription you're not going to beat ESO.

Rifts is better

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Rifts is better

You didn't really mention why you damned the game so hard. To each their own but I believe the game is good, and I've seen and played the end game content. I've also never heard of Rifts but googling it either brought up some 2D game from 2005 or an RPG fro 1990.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

Here:

https://rift.trionworlds.com/

I will dig out the old thread we had about ESO, and get my thoughts from there.

I will say this real fast, I play Skyrim because ESO was such a let down. It just happens to be a better game.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Here:

https://rift.trionworlds.com/

I will dig out the old thread we had about ESO, and get my thoughts from there.

I will say this real fast, I play Skyrim because ESO was such a let down. It just happens to be a better game.

No worries, I read the other comments earlier. I don't believe we had the same experience but that's okay! (This is the old thread, I bumped it rather than start a new one)

Personally I enjoy the game, and I only came into it when it had no subscription, little to no bugs and the horses weren't a cash grab as you explained.

Everything with real cash in this game now is a skin or cosmetic.

Proximity VOIP is annoying and I suggest disabling it. The Veteran dungeons and end game is challenging and enjoyable to me. Doing every quest in Daggerfall Covenant was around 300 hours to complete and I will agree you don't feel a personal connection to your character. There's a lot to explore like finding Skyshards or the anchors.

It's like Skyrim meets Star Wars: The Old Republic.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

Hopefully the gigantic download has finally finished today to see if this has decent co-op capabilities. For £15 though, it should give decent return.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I'm leaving it to you guys to decide on server / faction / whatever. I'm on lates this week and my uni assignment is due tomorrow so the odds of me getting on are fairly slim. My only requirement is that I can tank, sword & board and use fuck off big swords / maces / axew if desired.

I just hope that Muricans / Nadians and Euros can play together, that was a huge plus in Density.

Can anyone see if that works? If so, I think someone should just hop in and make a character and the rest of us can follow suit as and when. We can always change if we're not happy for whatever reason.

banlol.png

Right, two or three hours in. 

Made a char, got out of the prison, freed the dude and went to the town. Did a load of quests, read a load of bookshelves, stole the occasional 'ting, and.... I'm bored.

Don't get me wrong, the game itself seems really good. There is loads to do, loads of quests, people to speak to, stuff to upgrade / sell / steal / loot / whatever, but it just doesn't feel like an MMO. It feels like a single player game with a few other people involved. Combat seems decent but I missed loads of hits with no feedback, the only way to see if you've smacked someone is to pay attention to their health bar. Might just take a bit of getting used to, dunno. The graphics are decent, but not my style. I came from WoW as my last MMO and although the graphics were fairly primitive, they were vibrant and colourful. This feels drab & dreary, the lack of colours is very obvious. The navigation system is bland, just a strip across the top of your screen but again this might only take a back seat once I get into the swing of things. 

So far it feels like a great game, but not *my* kind of game. This has happened before however, I got bored of both Skyrim and Oblivion so who knows. 

I'll give it a few more hours and see how it goes.

banlol.png

10 hours ago, BO7H B4RRELS said:

I've got it on PS4.  I always enjoyed it.  

That’s what we’re playing on atm. I’ve had the disc for it since 2015, never got far and having a go at it again after all these years 😂

On 8/15/2020 at 11:51 AM, ChaosGladiator said:

Time to revive this thread maybe? @LordBaguette , @J&B , @Nutcuttlit

Oh my, i think we all bought this randomly one evening didn't we? Then ended up never really ever playing it i'm sure.

Happy to have a look at it with you guys!

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb