Destiny Calendar: Destiny 2 PC Beta

The3rdWalker

Event Title: Destiny 2 PC Beta
Event Author: The3rdWalker
Calendar: Destiny Calendar
Event Date: 08/28/2017 12:00 AM to 08/31/2017 12:00 AM

Destiny 2 System Requirements

Bungie recently revealed the Destiny 2 PC requirements, which are divided into 'minimum' and 'recommended' categories. Both categories are just below: 

Destiny 2 PC Beta Recommended Specs:  

• GPU: Nvidia - GeForce GTX 970/AMD - Radeon R9 390 
  • CPU: Intel - Core i5-2400/AMD - Ryzen R5 1600X 
  • Memory: 8GB RAM 

Destiny 2 PC Beta Minimum Specs:  

• GPU: Nvidia - GeForce GTX 660 2GB/AMD - Radeon HD 7850 2GB 
  • CPU: Intel - Core i3-3250/AMD - FX-4350 
  • Memory: 6GB RAM 

It should be noted that these specs can change from the beta to the full game, when Destiny 2 eventually releases on PC on October. Bungie have stated as much in the official announcement post on Bungie.net, where the developer warned players that the PC specs for the beta might not necessarily be the same for the full game. 

Destiny 2 PC Version Detailed

Towards the end of the game play reveal shown on May 18, Activision announced that Destiny 2 would be available for PC players exclusively through Battle Net, with players being able to find each other through the online service. 

In addition to this, it's possible that Destiny 2 on PC will run at native 4K resolution, as well as 60FPS uncapped. 

Destiny 2 PC Beta

N.B. If viewing this via the FG App, please visit the Calendar event via browser to RSVP. Thanks.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

PC Beta updates since the console beta:

PvP changes

Quickplay

Matchmaking times will be shorter, with less emphasis on Skill. This is the fastest route to a game, but you may face opponents outside of your comfort zone. The winning score in Control has been extended from 75 to 100 to allow for more time to play and use your abilities. Because too many matches were shorter than we expected (some Guardians weren’t even able charge their Super) we’ve extended the trigger for the Mercy rule so it will come into play less often.

Competitive

Matchmaking takes more time to introduce you to players that are closer to you in skill with a good connection. These matchmaking settings may take longer, but we feel that the quality of the gameplay experience will be worth the wait. We have also made improvements to the way we calculate your skill in Countdown to better reflect how you’ll perform against your opponents.

PvE changes

FIXED: Infinite Super Glitch

Infinite Supers are all well and good until someone loses an eye.

FIXED: Warlock Glide Glitch

This bug was awesome… So awesome it hurt us a little bit to kill it. Thanks to those in the console Beta who helped us track this down.

FIXED: Infinite Grenades Glitch

Another issue found with the help of our friends in the console Beta. (Thank you!)

FIXED: Warlocks now have the same Melee Range as all other classes

With the exception of where perks directly increase their range, Warlocks will punch like the rest of us. Our PC friends will get a chance to experience a world with consistent base melee ranges. So will the rest of you, when the game launches.

TWEAKED: Globally reduced the time it takes to charge your Super

This was a big change that came directly from your feedback during the console beta. We agree it was taking a bit too long to cook up a Super.

TWEAKED: Increased Grenade Damage in PvE

Increased damage helps Grenades feel as powerful as they should facing hordes of alien combatants and, more specifically, makes the longer cooldowns more palatable. We want abilities to be slightly more rare, but worth it. In the console Beta, the “worth it” part wasn’t quite there yet.

TWEAKED: Increased Power Ammo drops in PvE

This is something we had felt internally and have been slowly tuning up over the last several weeks. The PC beta has been updated with our new values and will provide much more heavy ammo in PvE than what was found before. Heavy ammo can also be directly farmed from all Yellow Bar Combatants.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

5 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Almost ordered the PC version last night, i'll wait the extra day for the open beta though and let that make my mind up for me.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I know you'll get it Philip. You're way too weak. I'll join you in October ;)

Played about an hour of the PC beta and it's very impressive indeed. So far it seems like a flawless and highly polished port. The game looks astonishing and runs smooth as butter throughout. Even on basic High settings at 60fps locked;  the performance is unreal and it looks visually remarkable with some stunning lighting and rain effects. The M+K and gunplay mechanics are absolutely perfect too. 

Not too sure about the MP element as it kinda feels like a watered-down and threadbare version of Halo that was chucked in for good measure but the strike was great. 

7 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Even my 'old' 770 was turning out 110 fps on average.
Player character feels a lot faster than the PS4 version and the shooting is very satisfying.

I watched abit of @crazyman streaming it and I must admit Guardians look extremely quicker than the console beta. Not sure it should be that quick but the view looked brilliant.

9 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Even my 'old' 770 was turning out 110 fps on average.
Player character feels a lot faster than the PS4 version and the shooting is very satisfying.

The movement is so much more fluid with M+K. I tried it with a controller and it immediately felt more slower and a bit clunky in comparison. Still felt great but the mouse and keyboard execution on this game is 100% perfect which is a superb achievement. 

I may have to crank my 770 up to 100fps+ Phil - I'm currently rolling on the high preset with 60 locked but if it's that stable at 3 digits, why not indeedy. Seriously considering getting a 1080 now..

The movement is so much more fluid with M+K. I tried it with a controller and it immediately felt more slower and a bit clunky in comparison. Still felt great but the mouse and keyboard execution on this game is 100% perfect which is a superb achievement. 

I may have to crank my 770 up to 100fps+ Phil - I'm currently rolling on the high preset with 60 locked but if it's that stable at 3 digits, why not indeedy. Seriously considering getting a 1080 now..
I've kept anti aliasing on and most settings are either medium or low. There a bit of fluctuation as it drops to about 96 in some places.
I want a 1080 but the weak pound is a drawback at the moment so I'm biding my time.
1080 ti even as I have plenty of power to spare.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

47 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

I've kept anti aliasing on and most settings are either medium or low. There a bit of fluctuation as it drops to about 96 in some places.
I want a 1080 but the weak pound is a drawback at the moment so I'm biding my time.
1080 ti even as I have plenty of power to spare.

I've cranked most of my settings to high with 60 locked and that runs very well so you should also try bumping up yours before the beta ends and see how it compares to the medium/lower presets. Still keep shadows to low along with other miniscule features but bumping textures and lighting up really looks decent and doesn't impact performance too much.