Y'all ready for this?

Sennex

Spoiler

~Start the music~

Okay, so I think I am done and can go back to bed now. 

I listened to you guys, I read all the PM's and messages. Even the Whatsapp stuff. I really took it to heart

You guys want mods.

You want dimensions.

You want to build

Some of you want Fishing

You want maps and tooltips and warping!

I coupled that with what I know a server needs:

Reliability/ stability

99% of the time it manages itself

Low resource overhead

I have built all of that.

1.7.10, the version we were on, requires a lot of oversight by me.

which sucks.

I now have a 35 mod (with 2 fishing mods) server, down from the 83, this means it will be easier in the long term for people to run

Good part:

• Warp / Home/ Spawn / Back - all in, but the syntax changed. Also the max amount is up around 20 for the # of warps you can have
  • Repairing is now easier
  • Villagers will be the same
  • Maps are there as are tooltips
  • Backups happen automatically  (about once every 10 minutes, I might tweak this)
  • We have more block options
  • We have more Decorative options
  • A proper Resource world solution has been found. 
  • If we choose to add in mods later, We have a stable core to work from.

Bad part:

• We have fewer machine options (I had to dump Metallurgy)
  • We dumped Thaumcraft, MCMMO, and the massive Tree's as well as Twilight Forest
  • We also lose the world that is currently being played on
  • We also lose the ability for me to pre-gen the world

So toss some thoughts my way. All of this is local still. The server hasn't been touched, and stupidly I spent that $6 yesterday before I really thought about it some more. (I really don't need to be doing this when I am at work, but thats on me and my OCD)

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Fuck, I forgot

Good Thing:

• I added in Magnet mode, what this does is sucks the blocks you break into your inventory. that way you don't have to run around and pick them all up. IT has a range of like 8 blocks, so you have to be relatively near the item, but it can save stuff from lava.
  • Custom World Gen

I forgot something.

Sticking with the current server is 100% fine in my book. I simply got addicted to trying to provide you all the best that I could. 

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I'm all for sticking with 1.7.10 with fewer mods, but still basically everything we want. Sounds like a win to me. I'm good to restarting too. I think it will be for the better. The new people have had a chance to get their feet wet. Now we can roll. Also, its not a big deal to lose a world. I've started so many new worlds. It happens. It's probably just hard letting go of your first world. #firstworldproblems

Block of text over.

Peace.

Via the FG App

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

I have built quite a bit and others have and it will be a shame to lose it all.  However scrapping it all for a better experience is worth it.  I just need to grab some screen shots of my build so I can rebuild it.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

As long as we have the mod that gives you block info when you move cursor over it (might be tooltips?) I'll roll with it....it's just I have trouble distinguishing some of the blocks. At least I hit bedrock and got 21 diamonds in the process :1310_thumbsup_tone1:

If everyone's happy, when would you push the button?

And thanks again for all the hard work!

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

I forgot to post

ETA: I tested pretty much ALL of the permissions/ settings using my sons account. 

If I do this, figure about an hour of downtime, and then just behind the scenes crap, which wont affect you all

25 minutes ago, Sennex said:

I forgot to post

ETA: I tested pretty much ALL of the permissions/ settings using my sons account. 

If I do this, figure about an hour of downtime, and then just behind the scenes crap, which wont affect you all

Do it!!!! 

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

I've grabbed plenty of screenshots so I can rebuild so I'm good to go whenever.

Out of curiosity, Bart; I presume you will still have the creative game mode ability / access to everything in game?

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Let us put our trust in the eternal spirit which destroys and annihilates only because it is the unsearchable and eternally creative source of all life. The urge to destroy is also a creative urge.

Sounds good to me:D

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

3 hours ago, BO7H B4RRELS said:

Since we're starting over, are there any themes/projects we should work toward together?  

The rail line will be easier for you all this time.

I will do the Spawn again. I might actually do it in survival mode. Not sure

1. Magnet mode - The Mod is conflicting with the Search bar, and other things in game. I might have you all remove it. Not sure at this point. I did email the mod author, but there was a code fork, and the new guy doesn't seem to want to handle issues from what I am reading.
  2. Flying - This permission node, for some reason, is on a user level, not on a group level. When people log in, I can give it to them. To activate it you type in /fly, it should give you a message stating "Flight Enabled" or something similar. Double tap spacebar to launch, and then hold space bar to raise yourself and left shift lowers you
  3. Backups - I screwed this one up. We were storing 12 backups. One created every 15 minutes...... Thats a little excessive. I lowered it to 1 backup for now. I want to keep an eye on server space. This back up is seperate from the server backup that happens daily at midnight.
  4. Swear Filter - I am still sorting out how to turn this off. I didn't even know it existed
  5. Resource Pack - I compiled a new one for John Smith, based off of a github repo I found. I am testing it out now. If it works right, I will share it with you all

Hope you all are enjoying yourself