Random question

Sennex

How large do you all want the spawn building/ fort to be?

Sometimes I make things almost to large... and I don't want to do that this time, I want to make sure everyone is happy, and the spawn is inviting and usable. 

I have been on servers where the spawn was a city, where everyone got a few chunks to make their own. I have also been on servers where the spawn was 3-4 buildings, and a wall for protection, that was never visited after the initial joining of the server.

What all do you guys want?

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Something grand, but not so big it never gets finished.

Also, I like the idea of keeping it themed and generally symmetrical.  If we all go off and build bits, it'll look like a shanty town. 

There was an image somewhere where the spawn had a large domed archway and huge plunging waterfalls going really far down, can't link it from work, but will do later.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

I know the design you mean, if not the exact build

I was trying to do a more medieval style. If you are near spawn, you should see a gate house starting to get built on the road. I plan on walling it off and then plunking buildings and halls all through it.

If i can sort out a decent dome shape, there will be one, but they are nerve wracking to build, so i might skip it

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

9 minutes ago, crispymorgan said:

Something grand, but not so big it never gets finished.

Also, I like the idea of keeping it themed and generally symmetrical.  If we all go off and build bits, it'll look like a shanty town. 

There was an image somewhere where the spawn had a large domed archway and huge plunging waterfalls going really far down, can't link it from work, but will do later.

I love the idea of waterfalls Crispy.

I geniunely like things consistent too. However, sometimes sweet and awesome things can come out of a spontaneous moment. We need enough balance to allow for spontaneous building.

We could even have a random statue set in the water like Game of Thrones. Just make sure it doesn't look like Diddums.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

If we had a spawn world, then I would work with water falls 

I can look at doing something like that, there are amazing examples out there. I can even look at building something in creative and then merging it into the world.

the location we have currently isn't a good one for stuff like that though

No. 

You don't need it, you know more about the game than most here, I am sure you can manage to catch up in an hour or two

36 minutes ago, Sennex said:

No. 

You don't need it, you know more about the game than most here, I am sure you can manage to catch up in an hour or two

In that case....anyone got a spare bed??:lol:

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Weird, it worked decently enough for my son's account

Are you trying to recover by Screen name or email address?

Mojanng used to have a phone number you could call and talk to someone, maybe try that route

No. 

Lol. Meanie. I built a little starter cabin. :) I'm good to go. Just need to start mining now.

Via the FG App

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png