Map

Sennex

I flew around and generated all this

Where I spawned is marked Spawn. Its in the middle of a massive forest.

I moved the spawn to a better spot for you all to get to a mix of biomes, also near a massive tree. It is marked New Spawn. I am going to build the spawn base around the tree, so please don't chop it down. 

Spoiler

8zDsgV1.png

Spoiler

IgtX3Rh.png

Spoiler

DONT CHOP ME BRO!

HH2ayI2.png

I have the coordinates and can show people how to teleport to the old spawn. The grey mass on the map to the west of that spawn is a mass of mountains that go passed the build height limit. I can't even imagine building in them, you will be mining non-stop

The white lumpy island  south of the Mountains is a Witchwood Forest. Witchwood is used in a lot of end game recipes, so be careful chopping them down.

South of the new Spawn is a some flat lands, and a nice wasteland as well as the green water to SW corner is another wasteland.

North is an Ominous Forest. What this means is that the sky is always dark, and that the water is poisonous. If no one builds there then at some point I might add something there.

Lastly, in the far SW is a village that is jacked up. If a brave soul wants to go down and help rebuild the roads and things, the villagers will pay you in emeralds.

With my having flown around and generated the chunks, you guys should be able to get to stuff fairly easily without issue. I am going to work on laying out town. If you see a spot you want to be in, let me know and I can try to teleport folks there tomorrow, or tell you how you can do it yourself.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

47 minutes ago, PlasticGaming said:

Bart found me an old decrepit castle that I'm going to try to rebuild southwest of spawn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always been a castle builder in this game.  It's so fun.  Have fun.  I'll help you out if you need anything.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

This looks phenomenal Bart. Nice one. Starting to get a bit excited that we can build whatever we want in our own little areas.

You just need to get online and join us :) 

58 minutes ago, crispymorgan said:

That is a BIG tree!

Do you always admire the size or other men's wood? :lol: 

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

8 hours ago, BO7H B4RRELS said:

I've always been a castle builder in this game.  It's so fun.  Have fun.  I'll help you out if you need anything.  

Would you like to trade me? I honestly have no idea what I am doing there. 

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

Castle building is easy. Especially for your situation Rob, you have half of it already, so just mirror the sides to each other and call it a day

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Spawn point is getting laid out, its taking forever...

ddqbhCI.png

Road is started. It goes passed someones house. I am not sure who's.

I need to design a bridge for the first river it goes over, but its coming along. 

Friday I should have time to really focus on this.

So for me, I like to build bridges, and roads, so they don't break the terrain. Unless its a mountain, in which case I will tunnel every time.

If you go to the road, and follow it south, you will see where the bridge needs to be. 

I would hold off though. I can put a chest near that point for you, with the building materials I am using for the road. That way its all uniform.

also, What are the thoughts on the road I built so far? I tried to make it stand out from the surroundings. When I get to the E-W section, it will be made of different bricks, that way if you don't have a map handy, you can still know which road you are on.

If folks don't like the look of it, I will change it. 

Bart, as I said my time on over the next few days will be sporadic but next week I will have loads of free time.  So if you want to leave a chest (or chests) of materials, you can focus on building spawn and I can continue laying out the road(s).

So is everyone cool with the road design? If so I can load up a chest with supplies tomorrow

If not I have I have a few other designs I can toss down

Yeah it looks good to me.

We discussed the design but what sort of style are you thinking for the spawn?

I tend to build minimalistic modern, rectangular houses with lots ot glass and light wood.  Or old rustic style with lots of cobble and dark oak like this.  I'm

not saying it has to be either just I want to build my house in keeping so I don't have to rebuild.

7 hours ago, Sennex said:

So is everyone cool with the road design? If so I can load up a chest with supplies tomorrow

If not I have I have a few other designs I can toss down

I'll default to say I'm sure its fine Bart. You are keeping us all in check which is what you need.

Once everyone has been on it for a while it would be ideal for some people's ideas to be used and they can have a chance at organising stuff so we all feel like our own stamp is somewhere in the world.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

14 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

I've been grinding southwards and have found an area of the map that appears to be a blank hole in the map but, being a noob, I forgot to write down the coordinates...is it important?

2 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Also, is there anything worth going to the deep south of the map for?

I will take a jaunt down there and try to find this hole.

Also, its had to say whats down south, or in any of the regions that haven't been explored yet.

On a whim, I decided to Fill in every chunk on the server. Until this process is finished expect Lag spikes

I am also looking at running Dynmap on the server. The problem with running this is the amount of space it takes to show all of the data. Dynmap is HUGE, it saves every 16x16 chunk as a PNG file, and it eats HD space like candy.

I need to play around with the settings some more and see if we can get around that somehow. I will say this though, in 4 years of using Dynmap, I have never once gotten it to not be a bitch about HD space

2 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Also, is there anything worth going to the deep south of the map for?

I have went to the world end directly south of spawn. There's my house and then an amazing castle in the snowy mountains.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD