Destiny 2 - What do you want?

Greboth

Morning all,

So with more information coming out this week (think its the 18th) about Destiny 2, what is on your wish list? Destiny 1 with a few tweaks or something completely different?w

For me, vanilla Destiny had its faults which weren't really improved in the early DLC but by The Taken Kind and Rise of Iron things were much improved.  So I would like to see something similar to Destiny 1 but with a few tweaks;

Night Fall and Raid matchmaking - It effectively already exists with the likes of LFG and r/fireteams so why not include it in the actual game.  Maybe add some simple filters to it like light level as it is so important for raids and night falls.  Though any limits would need to be carefully applied so we don't end up in a 'you have to have gjallahorn to raid' like early Destiny.

Include the Lore / Backstory in the game - It has always seemed an odd choice to me that to learn the backstory and history you had to look outside of the game.  Again this seems to be an issue that has somewhat been fixed with the more recent expansions but I would still like to see more of it being included actually in the game.

Better social arrears and more social functions - Destiny is supposed to be this 'FPS MMORPG' except it, well, it isn't.  I can appreciate the limits on the game, especially as Destiny 1 was on legacy/last gen consoles too.  However currently we are limited in the tower to waving or dancing at each other unless your message them or invite them to party chat but not have this in game? Obviously it would be unworkable to hear everyone all the time but something simple like everyone is muted but when you R3 to inspect you can 'unmute' them.  This especially applies to the 'social' areas on planets - go to Court of Oryx or Archon's forge and there is no easy way to communicate or team up.

More Variety and customisation - Destiny has possible hundreds of weapons now and to me it all feels too crowded.  There is a limited number of archetypes but because there are so many weapons you get drops and it often feels like well that just like this gun or that gun.  Very few guns actually feel special to have and to use and I think it would be good to have guns the are special, that feel more unique even if it means less guns in total.  Included in this, I would like to see more clan customisation (yes, I know I still need to switch to FG :P) like custom emblems, logos, shaders.  Maybe even go as far as being able to apply your claim logo to your armour and weapons.

Better story / campaign missions - Bungie got better at this but even in the most recent expansions it wasn't great.  Each missions too easily falls in to one of two categories; stand and defend a door/area from waves of enemies or stand around an area shooting at bullet sponge bosses.  I don't think this is helped by having to run through the same areas over and over to get slightly different parts of the map for each mission.  I could understand this more if, when we landed on each planet, we were in a base or some sort of safe zone but its just a random part of the planet.  Further more, replayability is seriously hampered by there being no variation to the enemies - you know going back in to a mission you will face the same enemies, from the same doors, at the same time each and every time you play.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Regarding the social areas, it should have way more people, and a staging area for raids/nightfalls.  You could mingle with characters, have a look at them and invite them.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

I'd like more of an emphasis on the character progression like in a standard MMORPG. Very specific branches and paths for each character type, it would help to make each character unique. There'd still be cookie cutter builds but at least there would be some a very personal attachment to the avatar.

Also, more one time only quest lines like they did with the Queens wrath (I think that was what it was called). But they only released this once very early into the game for it never to return apart from the form of paid dlc.

Better raids! VoG was awesome, it went downhill for a couple and WoM brought it back up. Just make it bigger with more mystery so it's not just all about go here and shoot that.

There's probably more but that'll do for a starter

Infusion so year 1 stuff never becomes obsolete

Maybe ranking seasons in the crucible , like in overwatch and R6, to give more point to it

PvP and PvE to be separate so PvP balancing doesn't screw up stuff in PvE

Vault space and a way of organising the vault. Access from the ship as well. 

2 hours ago, Stretch616 said:

I'd like more of an emphasis on the character progression like in a standard MMORPG. Very specific branches and paths for each character type, it would help to make each character unique. There'd still be cookie cutter builds but at least there would be some a very personal attachment to the avatar.

Also, more one time only quest lines like they did with the Queens wrath (I think that was what it was called). But they only released this once very early into the game for it never to return apart from the form of paid dlc.

Better raids! VoG was awesome, it went downhill for a couple and WoM brought it back up. Just make it bigger with more mystery so it's not just all about go here and shoot that.

There's probably more but that'll do for a starter

Better raids would always be welcome.  I agree with the mystery even with little things like the Outbreak Prime quest with a large part of the community trying to find them all, work out what they are all for.  This could apply to the normal game too like with the Blank Spindle.  Not everything has to go somewhere or do something but reward exploration and players being inquisitive.

1 hour ago, Baabcat said:

Infusion so year 1 stuff never becomes obsolete

Maybe ranking seasons in the crucible , like in overwatch and R6, to give more point to it

PvP and PvE to be separate so PvP balancing doesn't screw up stuff in PvE

Vault space and a way of organising the vault. Access from the ship as well. 

I'm actually the opposite to you regarding year 1 weapons.  Some of the weapons were brilliant and it is good they have brought them back for one last hurrah! However, I am quite looking forward to having an empty vault to start collecting again.  Though that does remind me, I would like for them to bring back elemental primaries, even if they carry on being exotic's like now.

I agree with the vault actually, that's another one for the list of 'done outside the game but should really be in the game'.

15 minutes ago, PlasticGaming said:

I want more than two months of content each "DLC"

How the hell did you manage to make the content last that long? A week tops for most of the new stuff. Some of the more hardcore people had done it in the first night.

I'll type up some later but an LFG in game that links up with multiple social spaces is absolutely needed.

I'm pretty sure this is being worked on to be in D2. No need to go to external apps then.

They also need to do more for clans.

Forum Signature Test.png

3 hours ago, Baabcat said:

Greboth I didn't mean year 1 weapons from D1, I meant year 1 weapons from D2. So we don't get to end of vanilla D 2 and have everything become obsolete again like happened first time round

Oh my bad, that makes more sense though and yeah it would be nice.  However Bungie seem all about the grind so probably not.

2 hours ago, Stretch616 said:

How the hell did you manage to make the content last that long? A week tops for most of the new stuff. Some of the more hardcore people had done it in the first night.

Depends what you want from it, doing raids enough to get a full sets take at least a few runs through on normal and then the same again on hard.

Great OP Greboth :1310_thumbsup_tone1:

In addition to most of the other posts I would welcome the perennial "delete crap in the Postmaster" and make weapon/armour ranking more difficult. Ranking gear with motes of light meant you dropped the weapon you need and 30 seconds later its maxed

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

10 minutes ago, PlasticGaming said:

I want 60 FPS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Genuinely, what would 60fps do? Didds said the same in a different thread but I'm struggling to see what you guys will get from it that will significantly change the gameplay. I'd rather have more content imo.

Forum Signature Test.png

6 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Genuinely, what would 60fps do? Didds said the same in a different thread but I'm struggling to see what you guys will get from it that will significantly change the gameplay. I'd rather have more content imo.

Because he wants to complain about not having 60fps. 

Personally i could less about 60fps one of the things that made Destiny so good was the gun play. The movement was fluid. Yes going from 60 to 30 felt weird for a bit. I would like dedicated servers more than 60fps.  

I want the guest like when TTK came out. There was a lot more to do. I don't mind grinding out the quest if I know there's something worthy at the end. Just no time gated quest. I would like more customizable gear. Not just adding chroma.  Make the weapons memorable again. And get rid of the challenge modes for raids. I have plenty more and I'll come back to it 

14 hours ago, PlasticGaming said:

Playing at 60 FPS then going to 30 almost appears like you're playing a game through a PowerPoint presentation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I the only person who generally doesn't notice the difference? A side by side comparison, switching from 60 to 30fps or even if I concentrate on it etc. then I can see the difference.  However, once it actually comes to playing the game and my mind is more heavily focused on oh god! don't die! don't die! then I really don't notice.

On the subect of fps, if due to the size of the level, draw distance, lighting and particle effects etc. they can't hit a constant 60fps I'd much rather have a fixed 30fps as vary frame rate is much more noticable.  Not that Bungie managed that in D1 either but here's hoping.

There's going to be no FPS cap on PC I hear.

You can feel the difference between 30 and 60 more than 'see' it....though I suppose the way games are optimised for console can help bridge that gap.

But yeah 144+ on a good PC will be awesome.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

3 hours ago, Greboth said:

Am I the only person who generally doesn't notice the difference? A side by side comparison, switching from 60 to 30fps or even if I concentrate on it etc. then I can see the difference.  However, once it actually comes to playing the game and my mind is more heavily focused on oh god! don't die! don't die! then I really don't notice.

On the subect of fps, if due to the size of the level, draw distance, lighting and particle effects etc. they can't hit a constant 60fps I'd much rather have a fixed 30fps as vary frame rate is much more noticable.  Not that Bungie managed that in D1 either but here's hoping.

So for certain games I am going to totally agree with you. The biggest time I have ever noticed it was in Rainbow 6 this week when I hoped in with Lee. I'm a solid player at the game but never been to the level of "Neo" from the Matrix. However, going back to console I felt like I could see each movement happening in slow motion. I went 17-5 in that game with him. I do admit that with some games the 4k and 60 FPS benchmark can make me feel almost motion sickness.

It's just a silly limitation that should not be put on consoles. Pro and Scorpio are coming out and you are telling me the games will be in 4k but 30 fps? That's like buying a Lambo that only has a 2 speed transmission.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

I want to sort the vault by "burn", "type", and "light level"

I want them to take the weapon customization that BF3-4 had and enable it. There is absolutely no reason every sight/ scope shouldn't be available on every weapon. Not to mention barrell type, suppressors, laser sights, etc....

Drop gimmicky shit like Sparrow League, and focus on the damned story. Sure Racing is fun, but it doesn't add anything to the story.

Dedicated Servers

Private servers for clans.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

5 hours ago, Sennex said:

I want to sort the vault by "burn", "type", and "light level"

That is a gem of an idea. Intrigued though as will there actually be a vault? I'm sure the stream said our vault has been destroyed and looted.

Forum Signature Test.png

Thats their way of dumping all the D1 content, and forcing us to get new stuff for D2. They were just creative enough to give us a Story reason.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

My realistic self knows that but my half-full optimist in me says maybe, just maybe they'll be loot chests which we have to find in social spaces and store guns there. That or no vault and we can just pick any gun we've ever come across....yeah, I know :(

Forum Signature Test.png