Age of Triumph

GazzaGarratt

There will be one last update for Destiny 1 which they will reveal on Weds 8th March. Expected at the end of March.

They've also officially confirmed now your guardians will not transfer to Destiny 2, however they are looking to bring across the features of your guardians such as look, gender, race, etc. Also they are going to bring over the achievements you have done in some way. I like that quite a lot as there will still be a memory of your successes.

Everything is pointing to a Vault of Glass upgrade, which would be brilliant. Upgraded gear expected too. It may be too much to ask but it would be nice if all Raids were upgraded to the highest possible gear. That way running raids again wouldbe a challenge to get all sets from the 4 raids available.

Forum Signature Test.png

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping there'll be a light level rise and upgrade on the old raids. Reveal talked about a celebration of what we've done over the years, so upgrade raids would tick that box
Probably just be a POE upgrade though , ugh 

I don't think so this time Bob, I really don't. The picture is of a minotaur so I absolutely expect the Vault of Glass to be upgraded, as they have mentioned it also in the past.

I believe they said there would be a light level increase too. Otherwise it would count out a lot of players who like to make progression.

I think they'll add a few quests on top of VoG which would be a decent update imo.

Forum Signature Test.png

An upgraded VoG would really entice me back into playing Destiny again. Far and away the best thing they did with the game, it's just such a shame that the numerous updates since promised so much but never really delivered. Will be watching this with interest

Overall I think it was a very good stream from Bungie just now.

All, yes ALL raids increased to Hard light level of 390. In addition, all raids have challenge modes. They'll have tweaks which they won't share in the patch notes too.

Aethon has been confirmed as the hardest challenge they've ever made, which is great news. They've removed the start if the VoG to the start of the Oracle stage. Don't think that's an issue whatsoever.

Max light level NOT increased. Might disappoint a few.

Crota is the first Weekly Raid Challenge. Now all random challenges. All raids also have a new ornament each. Wrath will now have 2 because it already had one.

Can't remember other things just yet. Just wanted to share quickly! Better get cracking on a Lv400 character then!!

Forum Signature Test.png

3 hours ago, PlasticGaming said:

So if you can get the 'Age of Triumph' book to rank 7. You can go to Bungie.net and they will give you an offer to buy a special shirt.

That's fucking ace. I miss raiding so much. It's what most of us did and had so much fun doing them. Really hope we can get some raiding going on this.

Forum Signature Test.png

On 2017-3-9 at 4:23 PM, Greboth said:

Be good to get raiding again, it's been ages since I've had any reason to put D in.

Interesting, hahaha.

This looks cool think I'll get my book completely then quit again.

Live stream today from Bungie revealed you will be able to claim gear from special events that you may have missed. There will be Weekly Rituals to perform, I believe after going to the speaker to claim your quests and then be rewarded with Treasure of Ages loot boxes. So things like the Ghost that looks like a Ghost will be available.

Also, the nightfall will have specific times where it will be easier - a Daybreak modifier will allow it to be slightly easier at specific times. I like this update as I'll probably need it to help me level up a bit.

Next week will be a final stream to let us know more about Age of Triumph. Need to start levelling up!

Forum Signature Test.png

23 hours ago, TehMoe said:

Interesting, hahaha.

This looks cool think I'll get my book completely then quit again.

You mean don't refer to little moe as the stick of destiny?

14 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Live stream today from Bungie revealed you will be able to claim gear from special events that you may have missed. There will be Weekly Rituals to perform, I believe after going to the speaker to claim your quests and then be rewarded with Treasure of Ages loot boxes. So things like the Ghost that looks like a Ghost will be available.

Also, the nightfall will have specific times where it will be easier - a Daybreak modifier will allow it to be slightly easier at specific times. I like this update as I'll probably need it to help me level up a bit.

Next week will be a final stream to let us know more about Age of Triumph. Need to start levelling up!

I should be on tonight if you fancy some Destiny.  I can't remember what rank you said you got to but always a few ways to start pushing your light level up.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Last stream on Wednesday. The teaser has shown off new raid gear, new raid ornaments (that incredible btw) and also updated weapons.

The Arekkz video below shows a truly awesome shot of the Vex Mythoclast with a new raid ornament - it looks truly amazing.

It would be absolute worth a few more runs of VoG to get that fantastic raid gear.

Forum Signature Test.png

Grabbed this from VG24/7

Returning Raid Gear with Ornaments

destiny_age_of_triumph_vault_of_glass_ge

During the stream today, as you can see in Arekkz’s video above, the team at Bungie showed off Vex-themed gear which will be made available through the Vault of Glass raid. The old look is posted above, but in Age of Triumph, the armor turns blue and pulsates with an energy effect when an ornament is applied.

Gear from Crota’s End, the raid in Ocean of Storms on the Moon, is getting some flash as well as you can see below.

destiny_age_of_triumph_crotas_end_raid_g

One of the cool things about the Crota’s End set, as well as the King’s Fall and Wrath of the Machine armor below, and essentially all of the raid gear, is that if the player is hit the energy effect goes away. It will rebuild itself, but it provides a way for a teammate to know when another in the group has been hit.

destiny_age_of_triumph_kings_fall_raid_g

destiny_age_of_triumph_wrath_of_the_mach

The Ornaments to make the gear look like the images above are Age of Triumph specific so when completing a raid, they are automatically earned. The best part, is you can apply the ornament to any raid gear set – not just for the gear tied to that particular raid.

destiny_age_of_triumph_bespoke_gear-768x

The Bespoke set above is from Age of Triumph, but as Arekkz notes, it’s a bit of a recycle job as it’s based on previous gear. Just a different color. However, when a player revisits raids by participating in the Speaker’s new quests, all three classes will earn class items such as Chroma customization options. This is how you can make the armor look different than what is seen above.

Forum Signature Test.png

Weapons

destiny_age_of_triumph_fatebringer.jpg

Along with Age of Triumph comes the return of elemental primaries, as previously reported.

All raid weapons will be making a return, such as Fatebringer, Praedyth’s Revenge and Vision of Confluence. Specials and Heavies will remain the same. However, Primaries will be different. When doing a raid, if the player gets a legendary drop, it will not have an element, but there will be an Adept version of the Primary.

For example: Fatebringer will drop in either legendary form or as the new exotic form with elemental damage. You can see how the ornament looks for it in the video at the 8:08 mark which shows Arc damage. That said, it will only drop when the raid is part of the weekly playlist.

We know the first raid in the weekly playlist when Age of Triumph launches will be Crota’s End, so if you get a Primary drop it will be the adept version. In other words, if you want a chance at an adept version of a weapon, you will need to try your hand at the weekly playlist raid.

Speaking of Crota’s End, Black Hammer will not make a return so you will have to make due with Black Spindle. So, there will be no 400 light version of Black Hammer, sadly.

Another change has been made to an exotic weapon, and its the Necrochasm auto rifle. It will now make all enemies explode when killed, and damage adjacent enemies. Before, this only occurred if the player landed a precision kill.

The stream also took a look at ornaments for weapons such as Dragon’s Breath, No Land Beyond and Suros Regime.

Suros has two: one is black and yellow and the other is an inverted scheme of the original look. Applying the ornament to Dragon’s Breath will give it a tiger skin pattern, and a camo pattern for No Land Beyond.

Weapon Changes

There will be a slight boost applied to Auto Rifles, which will make Necrochasm a lot better than at present, according to Arekkz. These weapons will now be more potent at close range.

Hand Cannons are getting nerfed slightly by having their range dialed back by about three meters. This is to put the weapons in a better position against the Primaries to make them more viable.

Also, the health regeneration nerfs have been rolled back slightly as well.

Skorri’s Revenge, the legendary pulse rifle, is more balanced and will only trigger full Super when a kill is landed. When the kill is landed and the Super is full, this will speed the charge rate of Super abilities for all nearby allies for one minute – again, if you get a kill while your Super is full.

Sidearms will respawn with ammo as always, but now with only one magazine. Special ammo crates will also reload the player’s weapon like with how the heavy weapon crates work.

Forum Signature Test.png

Destiny Age of Triumph has a 10am PDT start time, which means UK fans can expect the update and patch at 6pm GMT. It begins with a Quest available from the Speaker, which is available for all classes.

Before we get into what's included in the big Destiny Age of Triumph event, it's worth pointing out that the Weekly Heroic Strike and Weekly Nightfall Playlists will be unavailable from 10am UK time on March 28 until update 2.6.0 launches at 6pm.

Forum Signature Test.png

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

What light level do you have to be to normal raid mode now they've all been upgraded?

Via the FG App

Lee only hard mode has been upgraded I think, so there is no new light level normal mode. Haven't checked that but sure that's what they said in the streams