Titanfall 2 is great

Auptyk

Picked up the game Friday, Played a little of the Single Player and a little of the Multiplayer. And man... it is awesome. They have pretty much improved everything from the first game (and I liked the first one). 

The movement is liquid smooth and chaining movements together just feels natural. You can tell there are a lot of new people to the game (playing on X1) because most people are still just running around on the ground like its just another CoD game or something. Make it easy to kill people, when you are the only one up on the walls. If you played the first one, the movement is even better in this game. There is a tangible upgrade in the way the movement feels. 

The new titans provide a lot of variability that wasn't in the first game. I like that you can recognize the titan just by looking at them. "Oh, that is a Northstar, so he has a cluster missile, stay away from him as infantry". Of course identifying a titan in the first game wasn't hard either (only three of them haha) but because you could swap out every piece of gear you never knew what you were going up against. Now you can build a strat to counter them. 

Map design is perfect for chaining runs and getting the drop on people. So glad I have my XBOX Elite controller, probably makes it a little easier to kill and wall run as I dont ever have to take my thumb off the sticks. (Had a SCUF controller last time I played... SCUFs are garbage compared to this Elite controller). 

I have been playing Amped Hardpoint (Domination) and haven't lost a game yet. haha

I recommend it. 

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice man.  I don't know anything about the game other than there are Titans you can get in/control or whatever.  Seems cool, but as it's not on PS4, I won't be playing it.  Might check out some videos though, it sounds cool.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

2 hours ago, BO7H B4RRELS said:

Nice man.  I don't know anything about the game other than there are Titans you can get in/control or whatever.  Seems cool, but as it's not on PS4, I won't be playing it.  Might check out some videos though, it sounds cool.  

It is on PS4 this round. It was only TF1 that was 360/X1/PC

I've read some really encouraging reviews about Titanfall 2 so I may pick it up in due course plus the campaign is supposed to be surprisingly good albeit a bit short. I'll probably wait a few months to see if the game still thrives against the stiff competition and then try and grab it for £20 or under. Feel a bit bad for Respawn that they've been thrown in the deep end in quite a competitive window but hopefully this game will be a better success in the long term and retain a decent population. 

The game will pick up some of the folk who abandon COD. I've seen on reddit all talk of IW has people saying Titanfall 2 plays much better.

Titanfall1's maps were my biggest disappointment and that's what I'll be looking out for. Like James, hope to pick it up cheaper down the line.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I really want this. i really enjoyed the first one and if it wasn't for the short and peculiar campaign set up I would've played it more. The fact that Titans cam play more of a role going forward excites me, there was too many playing CoD style tactics on the first which annoyed me. This is one game where futuristic wall-running and jetpacks really do work. I may hold out because Battlefield 1 has a lot of good parties going on right now but it's definitely now in my top next 3 games to get.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

7 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Feel a bit bad for Respawn that they've been thrown in the deep end in quite a competitive window but hopefully this game will be a better success in the long term and retain a decent population. 

Well, as far as the actual developers at Respawn, I would argue that they are the best of the best and can hang. ... they developed a little known game Call of Duty, that is still going today. But I agree with you, the release window for a newer franchise seems awkward. One week after another EA shooter (BF1) and one week before another competing publisher (CoD). Maybe EA was banking on a lackluster CoD launch and trying to take some of them. 

1 hour ago, Auptyk said:

Well, as far as the actual developers at Respawn, I would argue that they are the best of the best and can hang. ... they developed a little known game Call of Duty, that is still going today. But I agree with you, the release window for a newer franchise seems awkward. One week after another EA shooter (BF1) and one week before another competing publisher (CoD). Maybe EA was banking on a lackluster CoD launch and trying to take some of them. 

Yeah, I definitely sense that EA want to grab as many sales as possible from the undecided and increasingly disgruntled Call of Duty fans. It's certainly an appropriate alternative and the way CoD is right now; it's worth a gamble throwing it out there. I'm glad Respawn have received plaudits for TF2 so far as I've followed the team's work since their Medal of Honor days when they were at EA the first time and it must not be easy seeing their original Modern Warfare creation being used as bait to peddle sales of Infinite Warfare especially with IW staff trying to claim it as their own work when they didn't make the original and aren't even producing the remaster! It would be fitting for Respawn and EA just to put a decent dent in Call of Duty to give Activision food for thought in the future.

I got a free code for the game from one of my wife's relatives , or I else I would have never got the game, but man am I glad I got it. I am freaking loving it. 

The movement is smooth as can be, the guns are all fun as hell. Titan combat is great imo.  Overall I'm really impressed.  

Enjoying the hemlock burst rifle and legion titan atm. 

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

On 31/10/2016 at 4:22 AM, jSyn66 said:

I got a free code for the game from one of my wife's relatives , or I else I would have never got the game, but man am I glad I got it. I am freaking loving it. 

The movement is smooth as can be, the guns are all fun as hell. Titan combat is great imo.  Overall I'm really impressed.  

Enjoying the hemlock burst rifle and legion titan atm. 

Hows the game going after a week or so into it? Any signs of lack of content J?

Just finished the Single Player campaign. Really well done. I highly recommend a play through. Normal = Pretty easy, but if you are just in it for the story, then that is fine. Puzzles, Boss Battles, and a lot of good fun fighting. Solid addition to the game. 

Really enjoying MP as well. The game is just so well put together. Sucks that EA launched it when they did, I think a lot of people are going to skip over it and really miss out. 

7 hours ago, techno said:

I was already to skip over it but from what people have said I'm going to give it a go.

I'm with you - I think this is my next purchase if I can't hold out until Christmas.