Beta now live

phil bottle

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I enjoyed the beta and am looking forward to the release next month. Shame we only had access to one map which was one of the worst I've ever seen in a Battlefield game but the gameplay seems pretty decent although some classes have it oh so easy with no bullet drop at range and simple OHK's. Hopefully Conquest wont be that fast paced on every map either but glad they upped the score to 300 which meant matches lasted close to half hour and it's those high ticket matches that made BF4 so epic. 

You do know that the system is no longer ticket based. It's cap the objective and hold based. So kills don't matter as much and neither does ticket bleed. 

So there isn't much point in playing medic in that case. 

I didn't like the beta. Most of the games were the exact same where people camped a spot and sniped. Rush was atrocious. I didn't get the feeling that anyone gave a shit about winning. Only their kills and to some extend K/D. 

4 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

You do know that the system is no longer ticket based. It's cap the objective and hold based. So kills don't matter as much and neither does ticket bleed. 

So there isn't much point in playing medic in that case. 

I didn't like the beta. Most of the games were the exact same where people camped a spot and sniped. Rush was atrocious. I didn't get the feeling that anyone gave a shit about winning. Only their kills and to some extend K/D. 

Ah that's weird as I was in a ticket based lobby yesterday but that was probably due to it being on a private experimental branch. I did play on the core servers a few times but didn't even notice that it was purely score based. If they don't have a ticket bleed and it's first to 300 then that's completely screwed up the mode then as players will only be protecting their K/D or not caring about dying as they can then just respawn in a good position without consequence for the team. Pretty daft game design really and that's got me worried about it going pure arcade with musical chairs gamemodes. 

That's the general consensus. Conquest isn't conquest. I wasn't that impressed with rush either. 12 v 12 did work well. Again there were a bunch of shit head snipers that didn't move and contributed nothing to the objective. I was the tank driver during one game I played. I was on the B objective by myself for close to 5 minutes. No one had enough sense to spawn on me and go set the charge while I covered them. At that point I gave up and deleted the game

43 minutes ago, cyberninja2601 said:

That's the general consensus. Conquest isn't conquest. I wasn't that impressed with rush either. 12 v 12 did work well. Again there were a bunch of shit head snipers that didn't move and contributed nothing to the objective. I was the tank driver during one game I played. I was on the B objective by myself for close to 5 minutes. No one had enough sense to spawn on me and go set the charge while I covered them. At that point I gave up and deleted the game

I'm hoping that the infestation of players who weren't even trying or just messing around is just down to the fact it was a open beta. It'll be mortifying if these clueless/useless 'CoD' type players actually get the game and play like that. I played a handful of matches and with Battlefield in general; as long as 25 players are doing the business; it's usually a good experience but in the BF1 beta; there were just loads running round like headless chickens, spawn camping or hiding within the map boundaries whilst headglitching. I think players will be more sensible on release only the more dedicated ones will buy it but even so; with these new conquest rules; that could really bring out the worst even with seasoned Battlefield players. 

1 hour ago, cyberninja2601 said:

What kind of tank were you in? Certain tanks,  you can't spawn on them.

45 minutes ago, Curb_Stompp said:

What kind of tank were you in? Certain tanks,  you can't spawn on them.

The one seater tanks you can't spawn into for obvious reasons but you can pretty much spawn direct in any other vehicle - even into the passenger seats of planes in mid flight.

I thought the score limit was always 300 it's just the stupid clock meant games ran out of time before the limit was reached.

Looking forward to seeing the other maps etc in the full release and hope they make the correct changes .

17 minutes ago, techno said:

I thought the score limit was always 300 it's just the stupid clock meant games ran out of time before the limit was reached.

Looking forward to seeing the other maps etc in the full release and hope they make the correct changes .

We will see. The whole thing felt to me like being put in a lobby and we get to shoot each other for a while. Winning/losing went unnoticed and no one really gave a shit. 

Most of the time I didn't even know what the score was and how the match was going. 

Alot of times playing solo I will try to win  but eventually especially with this system come backs are rare but I knew when half time came along as that's when the behemoth hits the map.

Still prefer the old system ticket bleed