Flop Gear Sunday 29/5

J4MES OX4D

What a complete mess http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/672784/Top-Gear-Audience-WALK-OUT-first-episode-filming-Chris-Evans-Matt-LeBlanc

I do actually feel sorry for Matt Le Blanc having to work alongside Chris Evans and the other 'presenters' will just enjoy a bumper salary for this year before the show is canned I reckon. Anyway; tune in Sunday to see how bad it is likely to be B)

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone honestly expect this to succeed? For many Top Gear died once Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, and James May went out the door. I'm waiting patiently for the Amazon show. The American version has been garbage from day 1 as well. But, it is nuts to hear people just walking out during filming.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

I'll hold back and watch the show before forming an opinion - these kinds of reports from rags like the Express and Scum are like watching Jackanory  ;)

Do people actually want it to fail? That's interesting if so. 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Do people actually want it to fail? That's interesting if so. 

I think so especially the mainstream media. It's generated so much negativity from the moment Clarkson was sacked and even before the new lineup was announced. A few incidents since it started filming has fueled the fire and now the latest reports are just further denting the show. Even if it turns out good; it will still be surrounded by negative publicity and I can't see it lasting.

I was asked if I was going to watch it and I've no interest in the show, it's previous incarnation wasn't so much about the show as about those 3.

To me it's like a major series killing off the main characters and expecting it to continue.

Top gear was pretty much all I ever got from the ridiculous tv tax as well.

I feel sorry for Matt Le Blanc as well, he's the only one that seems like decent person (bar Sabine Schmitz) 

The new Top Gear was never going to get out of first gear (you're welcome) It'll probably mooch along like a Bentley GT, braking down every 10mins but still with plenty of people watching because of the badge.

Maybe i should of presented Top Gear.....although i have a feeling my gear is slightly different to there's :)

To me it's like a major series killing off the main characters and expecting it to continue.

This.

I didn't really enjoy watchingit for the cars, just to see what those 3 funny idiots did each week.

Forum Signature Test.png

I watched about half of it and it wasn't as bad as expected but it just felt too copy and paste from the predictable format minus the trio. Le Blanc looks a bit out of place and the way the camera focuses on the audience regularly looked a bit cringeworthy at time especially when they dubbed the laughter in on several occasions. It would have been better if they did their own unique thing instead of relying on tiresome Top Gear cliches, scripting and general predictable set-pieces.

The viewer rating is in and only 4.3m watched it which is the lowest ever entry on a new BBC series and the lowest Top Gear has seen in a decade. 

So honestly, is Chris Evans ever funny?

I think i laughed once about 20 years ago during The Big Breakfast but even that's a long shot.

I think Chris Evans thinks he's on Stars in Their Eyes, tonight Matthew i'm going to be.......Jeremy Clarkson