No time to explain

Stretch616

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem I have with these quests are; if I wasn't around you guys or reading things on reddit, I wouldn't know about these missions. I wouldn't know about the black spindle. I wouldn't know that I have to find these hidden Ghosts either. That bothers me.

The problem I have with these quests are; if I wasn't around you guys or reading things on reddit, I wouldn't know about these missions. I wouldn't know about the black spindle. I wouldn't know that I have to find these hidden Ghosts either. That bothers me.

I understand where you're coming from, but at the same time, if you were just a casual player, knowing about these types of things wouldn't really matter to you.  You probably wouldn't put in enough time to earn any of it anyway.  There's enough obvious stuff for casual players to chase and try to beat.  I like that Bungie has all of this extra stuff for us hardcore players.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

I understand where you're coming from, but at the same time, if you were just a casual player, knowing about these types of things wouldn't really matter to you. You probably wouldn't put in enough time to earn any of it anyway. There's enough obvious stuff for casual players to chase and try to beat. I like that Bungie has all of this extra stuff for us hardcore players.

That's a cool way to look at it.

I understand where you're coming from, but at the same time, if you were just a casual player, knowing about these types of things wouldn't really matter to you. 

I disagree with everything about this statement. Your level of commitment to the game shouldn't stop you from being able to get things. Or knowing that they exist

If Bungie wants it that way, they need to charge less for the game and then let people decide to invest more money to get the other hidden items.

The only reason I am not a casual player currently is because of you guys, if it wasn't for that, I would play maybe 4 hours a week

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I disagree with everything about this statement. Your level of commitment to the game shouldn't stop you from being able to get things. Or knowing that they exist

If Bungie wants it that way, they need to charge less for the game and then let people decide to invest more money to get the other hidden items.

The only reason I am not a casual player currently is because of you guys, if it wasn't for that, I would play maybe 4 hours a week

"Your level of commitment to the game shouldn't stop you from being able to get things."  Are you serious?  I completely disagree with that.  Should you get the highest level stuff, if you only play an hour a week?  Of course not.  Your level of commitment determines how far/how much you get in any game.  

Just like any game, your level of commitment determines how far you go/what you get.  Should everyone get the prestige icons and highest level unlocks in CoD no matter how much they play?  Nope, it's all based on level of commitment to the game.  

Charge less?  No way... take out all the "hidden" stuff, and there's plenty of content to charge full price.  Much more content than something like Call of Duty.  I stand by my statement.  The content is all there, it's up to the player to decide how deep into the game they want to go.  

I think it adds another layer to the game.  It keeps people exploring, talking in threads, making posts, and coming up with theories.  I like the fact that there's a lot we don't know.  It keeps things interesting.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Year 1 Destiny:

Players had access to all the same content and drops, regardless of playing 1 hour a week, or playing 40. 

Year 2 Destiny:

Players now have to log in daily to check what quests, and then have to get a group to do specific content before a 24 hour time frame elapses.

So you're saying that that makes sense and is fair?

Lets take the example of what Year 2 is to extremes, as an exercise in how dumb it is to Time gate things.

The Black Spindle heroic is only available to be run 1 60 minute window that is randomly determined. If you don't run it, you don't get it, Ever. It never comes back around again. Once that 60 minute window is up, everyone is locked out.

Does that make sense? Probably not, because Its an extreme example; However it is exactly what happens to a large number of Destiny players simply because they can't log in during a given window of time.

Time Gates on content deliberately punish you for NOT playing the game. 

Think about that for a minute.

Other examples of things in game that would completely change if they were under Time gates.

Kings Fall can only be run on Tuesday, September 1st. It is completely closed for a random number of days after that.

Iron Banner can only be run Wednesdays, October 6th. It is completely closed for a random number of days after that.

Court of Oryx is only open on November 11th. It is completely closed for a random number of days after that.

If you don't log in on those days, oh well, you should be more dedicated to playing the game to achieve that "other layer"

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I finished the questline on this last night and i am now the proud owner of NTTE! However it's not quite the beast i thought it would be. Doesn't really hit very hard so it's very reliant on the critical shot perc. I need a bit more time yo be sure of how good it is, but at the moment it's certainly bo Supercell

same with the touch of malice.  the perk is great for extra bullets, but the hung jury with triple tap just dominates.  not worth the exotic slot so far.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

same with the touch of malice. the perk is great for extra bullets, but the hung jury with triple tap just dominates. not worth the exotic slot so far.

Isn't touch of malice meant to be the yr2 equivalent of the (pre nerf) vex in PvE? You're putting me off the grind now Crispy