Destiny Patch 1.1.2 Detailed by Bungie...

Ryan Pedro

Bungie has detailed several new features and gameplay changes that will be added to Destiny via the upcoming 1.1.2 patch.

Key among them is a new approach to ammo drops in the Crucible multiplayer mode. Speaking on the Destiny website, Crucible designer Kevin Yanes said that Special and Heavy ammo drops will be more limited resources to help balance matches.

“Special Ammo will spawn less frequently, it will take longer to pick up, there will be less crates located on the map, and the bricks you find will provide you with less ammo,” he explained.

For Heavy ammo, players will no longer have the option to camp near supplies and retrieve them when necessary. Instead, Heavy ammo will despawn if not picked up within a period of time.

“The main thing we wanted to prevent in terms of Heavy Ammo was players trying to buffer their supply by sitting within range of a brick without picking it up,” Yanes added.

“This hurts your ability to anticipate when heavy ammo would be in play during a match. By introducing despawn conditions, we’re ensuring that players will have to acquire ammo when it becomes available, or risk losing it all together.”

Meanwhile, the update will also include a safeguard that is hoped will prevent players from accidentally deleting their hard-earned items and weapons. With the new update, players can “lock” their items by highlighting them and pressing the right thumb-stick.

“One recurring story we keep seeing involves Legendary and Exotic gear getting accidentally dismantled by errant pets and over-enthusiastic children,” said UI engineer Daniel Hanson.

“We decided to empower players to protect their precious gear with Item Locking.”

Along with the Crucible changes and Item Lock feature, Bungie is also introducing more ways for players to express themselves. With the 1.1.2 update, players will now be free to wear any of their helmets in the Tower social space.

Artist Andrew Davis explains: "The design team came to us wondering if we could give players the option to show off their sweet helmets while running around the Tower. We all agreed that it’s important to give players every opportunity to show off the cool gear they’ve earned. It turned out to be a fairly quick UI task to turn helmets on in the Tower. Our engineers banged out the code for it in short order. All we had to do was figure out where to put the menu option. A number of locations in the UI were discussed. Character screen? Details screen? We decided that the Settings menu was the most obvious and easiest place to control this new feature.”

Bungie has yet to share a release date for the 1.1.2 update, but says it will be able to share the information “very soon.”

The developer will also announce the release date for Destiny's next expansion--House of Wolves--later in April.

DarthMaulTCW-IGN_zpshjlccuvn.jpg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted a video in forever Gaming thread people are not going to be happy about less special ammo.

I actually think it's a good thing.

I was initially worried about the over-reliance on the primary but the way I play I'm hoping it will help me as I don't blow my special ammo. If you merrily go round and fire shotguns pellets then this should help you get better to play in a way you can't just rely on an OP gun.

Hopefully it will mean camping and sniping fucks off which is great news as it ruins the few maps where you can do it.

High impact, low rate of fire Felwinters Lie will work IMO to save ammo and get genuine kills.

Don't like it? Get better. (There, i said it!) [emoji13]

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I actually think it's a good thing.

I was initially worried about the over-reliance on the primary but the way I play I'm hoping it will help me as I don't blow my special ammo. If you merrily go round and fire shotguns pellets then this should help you get better to play in a way you can't just rely on an OP gun.

Hopefully it will mean camping and sniping fucks off which is great news as it ruins the few maps where you can do it.

High impact, low rate of fire Felwinters Lie will work IMO to save ammo and get genuine kills.

Don't like it? Get better. (There, i said it!) [emoji13]

Get off my internet.

banlol.png

So players can show off the sweet gear they earned? But the way you designed the game EVERYONE WEARS THE SAME SHITTY RAID ARMOR!!  Gah

Item Lock is cool. PvP changes, meh, whatever, though Bob makes a good point. Thorn bounty just became an even bigger cunt.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

Actually thorn bounty is easier now if you've dropped word of crota, and I'll be surprised if people don't have atheon epilogue now.

As for armour I don't care as its a first person shooter.

I haven't got either, so rely on my sniper/MG to get through this bounty. Can do it pretty well, actually did it in about 7 games today, but post patch I'll probably leave it to if/when RNG makes it a breeze by dropping one of the guns you mention. No luck on that so far

I haven't got either, so rely on my sniper/MG to get through this bounty. Can do it pretty well, actually did it in about 7 games today, but post patch I'll probably leave it to if/when RNG makes it a breeze by dropping one of the guns you mention. No luck on that so far

You have thorn?

Are you after multiple thorns?

You have thorn?

Are you after multiple thorns?

I'm bored cos there's no content so I'm doing the exotic bounties that come up. I'm thinking I won't hand them in til after HoW arrives, just in case they become higher stat Thorns. By the time it arrives I expect to have 2 invectives, 2 bad jujus, one pocket infinity and 2 thorns to hand in.

I guess they might all just become exotic shards , if such things still exist after HoW

I see, personally rather than go through that I'll just play something else lol

Having played pvp today bungie seem to be making it worse with every patch, they need to un-nerf the auto rifles

But best thing they could do is remove fucking supers!

I see, personally rather than go through that I'll just play something else lol

Having played pvp today bungie seem to be making it worse with every patch, they need to un-nerf the auto rifles

But best thing they could do is remove fucking supers!

Agreed... Supers have no place in pvp

DarthMaulTCW-IGN_zpshjlccuvn.jpg