Destiny Patch 1.1.2 Detailed by Bungie...

Ryan Pedro

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=12773

Update 1.1.2 : The one with Vault space and Raid fixes.

With this update, we’re responding to player feedback and addressing larger issues that compromised the quality of the Destiny experience.

Spotlight Improvements & Additions

Vault Capacity increased to 24 Armor Slots, 36 Weapon Slots, and 24 General Slots

Disabled gear comparison in Vault on Xbox 360 & PS3 platforms to account for additional slot memory

Colorblind support (deuteranopia, protanopia, tritanopia) added for highly color-driven gameplay elements

Motion tracker

Loot drops

Shield energy

Item categories

Audio Controls are now available in the Settings menu

Volume control

Music toggling

Item Lock now allows players to prevent gear and weapon items from being accidentally dismantled

The purple ball has been reborn in the tower as an interactive sphere with a parallaxed energy core that grows with object velocity and tints based off time of day

Weapons

General

Fixed a bug that caused a player to lose ammo when switching weapons while dead

Fixed a bug where ammo consumables did not reliably replenish ammo

Pocket Infinity behavior is less likely to fail during edge case conditions

4th Horseman weapon stats restored to original intended values

Perks

Updated Thorn's first-person player feedback poison effect

White Nail perk no longer triggers on immune targets

Defensive Reflex (Don’t Touch Me) perk no longer triggers on throwing knives

Performance Bonus ammo on Fusion Rifles reduced to match Shotguns and Sniper Rifles

Fixed an issue introduced in 1.1.1 that allowed Ice Breaker to persist ammo after respawn

World

Players can now choose to wear their helmets in social spaces

Quest loot pyramid baubles are now easier to spot

Added Quest indicator badges to the Tower when a Quest is either completed and ready to turn in

Increased Crota's Bane Reputation rewards on Eris Morn's bounties

Fixed a bug where Major Thralls had two jaws and two left hands

Fixed a bug where player’s equipped items did not receive experience from completing missions

Fixed a bug where the Black Garden Level 30 Featured Story was incorrectly listed at Level 28

Fixed a bug where Heavy Ammo consumables were not available for purchase from Xûr

Strikes

Cereberus Vae III

Valus Ta'Aruc's strength has been reduced by 33%

Reduced the number of Major combatants in the Valus Ta'Aurc fight

Dust Palace

Dust Palace: Reduced the number of Major combatants in the Psion Flayer fight

Dust Palace: Lowered the strength on the Psion Flayers' shields

Raids

Vault of Glass

Vault of Glass will no longer display a highlighted activity notification despite players best efforts to remove it

Fixed a bug where splash damage could penetrate the Aegis bubble

Shield Relic melee attacks now land Minotaurs more consistently

Improved issues associated with walking through the teleport

Crota's End

Crota will now wait until fully standing before a sword attack

Fixed a bug where the sword immediately despawned after killing a swordbearer

Swords will now last a full 30 seconds after being picked up

PvP

General

Greatly reduced the weighting of Blind Watch and Firebase Delphi in Control, Iron Banner, and Inferno Control playlists

Fixed a bug where a player that was killed by an enemy could commit suicide and be revived for points

Fixed a bug that prevented players from receiving points for neutralizing a control zone

Fixed a bug where capture points were not properly disabled after the game ends

Added incremental revive timers to Skirmish and Salvage

Each time a teammate revives you, it takes longer before you can be revived again (currently +5s each revive)

Stopping Power now requires Shotgun kills instead of sprees

Target Practice now requires Hand-Cannon kills instead of sprees

Electrocutioner now requires Fusion Rifle kills instead of sprees

Maps

Anomaly: Added invisible physics over the pool table to keep people from hiding

Shores of Time: Added kill volume to the open edge of "A" cave in to keep players from hiding

The Burning Shrine: Moved the spawn point to fix camera view

Ammunition

Crates are now visible for all players long before they are available to pick up, with a countdown timer added to show when they will arrive

Guardians no longer drop Special ammo on death

Lowered the amount of Special ammo picked up from crates (from 50% to 25%)

Special Ammo crate respawn time raised (from 45 seconds to 120 seconds)

Increased drop radius when a friendly picks up a Special crate (from 20 meters to 100 meters)

Slightly increased interaction time on Special Ammo crate (from 0.1 seconds to 0.8 seconds)

Reduced the number of Special crates on the maps and relocated them (from 6-8 crates to 3-5 crates)

Special and Heavy ammo bricks now despawn when a player dies or on a timer (20 seconds for Special, 30 seconds for Heavy)

Heavy ammo now lets everyone know which player or Faction picked up ammo

Increased warning time on Heavy ammo (from 10 seconds to 15 seconds)

UI

New visual treatment to Quest nodes and nodes that involve Quest activities or steps

Players can now click the left stick to hide the UI when inspecting items, for screenshotting/sharing purposes

Fixed a bug where precision kills did not appear correctly in the PGCR

UI flyouts are now easier to navigate (i.e. “Amazon Flyout Menu”)

Audio

Fixed an issue where Stealth Vandal audio was being suppressed by gunfire or other loud sounds

Titan Ward of Dawn now has audio indicators at low energy so players can more easily read when it will time out

Players walking into enemy Wards of Dawn now hear a sound when blindness is applied

Companion

Fixed issue where Combined Arms Grimoire card was pointing to the wrong unlock conditions

Fixed issue where Grimoire cards were awarding the incorrect number of Grimoire points

Technical

Fixed a rare soft-lock when a player's internet connection drops

Clarified error that displays when user has insufficient hard drive space

Better handling of rest mode/resume on PS4

DarthMaulTCW-IGN_zpshjlccuvn.jpg

"The purple ball has been reborn in the tower as an interactive sphere with a parallaxed energy core that grows with object velocity and tints based off time of day"

wow... my favorite upgrade to date... we know how important this ball has in the game playability... :)

DarthMaulTCW-IGN_zpshjlccuvn.jpg

Fuck sakes. 

I'm no programmer but I can tell you that each and every single one of those things they did took no longer than an hour. This is what a good dev would call a Weekly Update, not a fucking quarterly. 

Adding to this the fact that I refuse that the vault space thing was due to hardware limitations and that the new "xpac" is what any other dev would call a pre-order bonus or a free content patch, and Bungie can go fuck themselves. 

I still enjoy the game as I've paid for it, but I won't be purchasing any more shite from them any more, this level of piss taking is pathetic.

banlol.png

Fuck sakes.

I'm no programmer but I can tell you that each and every single one of those things they did took no longer than an hour. This is what a good dev would call a Weekly Update, not a fucking quarterly.

Adding to this the fact that I refuse that the vault space thing was due to hardware limitations and that the new "xpac" is what any other dev would call a pre-order bonus or a free content patch, and Bungie can go fuck themselves.

I still enjoy the game as I've paid for it, but I won't be purchasing any more shite from them any more, this level of piss taking is pathetic.

Wow. I disagree or cannot relate to every single one of your points.

Hope you can continue enjoying the game, bud. It's fun, try not lingering on the bad things.

From Reddit but I agree with what he's saying

Community: We want to upgrade old weapons to the new cap

Bungie: Okay

Community: We want more social experiences

Community: We want something like firefight (horde mode)

Community: We want a DLC that has a comprehensible story

Community: We want a raid that's better than Crota's End

Bungie: Okay, but that's gonna take time

Community: You need what, motherfūcker? I'm gonna sue. Everybody look, I'm suing! I have no idea how lawsuits work, but I'll do it anyways!

Of course I did want a raid but hey I'm sure they'll make one better than CE or VoG so everyone calm down. Bungie ARE doing exactly what we want them to, blame the community, not Bungie.

Credit to OP of those lines by Sir German Jon in the Bungie forums

There seems some doubt that raids were promised in the dlc when they were first advertised.

I've done crota once legit it's been a shit raid if this new thing is good we will probably forget all about there not being a raid.

At least lfg won't be needed as much by those who felt they needed to use it.

Only thing that confuses me is that a normal Bungie patch takes a few seconds to install after downloading.......this monster took about 2 seconds!??

There was a lot of stuff changed that wasn't listed. The cidital for one has changed in appearance.

Wow. I disagree or cannot relate to every single one of your points.

Hope you can continue enjoying the game, bud. It's fun, try not lingering on the bad things.

Nah, I still enjoy the game, make no mistake, and maybe I was spoiled by Blizzard, but in World of Warcraft, you pay for an expansion which contains about the same amount of content as the whole of destiny as it is now, including xpacs. More weapons, more armour, more dungeons, more raids, sometimes even new classes, races, entire continents to explore, shitloads of new mobs and bad guys, new PvP arenas, new mounts, new complete game changing features like Transmogrification (which has entire sub-social groups doing roleplay, people grinding old content for specific armour and weapons for the exact look they want) and reforging which although present in Destiny, only applies to very specific (Iron Banner) weapons. Garrisons, farming, new professions, and lots, lots more.  These aren't base game shit, this is all stuff which comes out in expansions. In-between xpac patches contain more content than an entire DLC for Destiny, and are free. 

Yes the game is subscription based but this is negated by the fact that it's a single platform game. Destiny is on 4 platforms, which probably outsell WoW each. The old "hardware restrictions" debate is also a load of shit as WoW is a decade old and even on launch, despite its bugs, had more content than Destiny will ever have.

Yes Destiny is a good game with a good social aspect and fluid gameplay but when the devs start expecting a pat on the back for doing what every other devs called "a daily job" then something's very wrong. If HoW was free, I'd be singing an entirely different tune but the fact that they have the audacity to charge for shit that so many game devs do for free and expect recognition for it as well, that means they're taking the piss.  

banlol.png

Nah, I still enjoy the game, make no mistake, and maybe I was spoiled by Blizzard, but in World of Warcraft, you pay for an expansion which contains about the same amount of content as the whole of destiny as it is now, including xpacs. More weapons, more armour, more dungeons, more raids, sometimes even new classes, races, entire continents to explore, shitloads of new mobs and bad guys, new PvP arenas, new mounts, new complete game changing features like Transmogrification (which has entire sub-social groups doing roleplay, people grinding old content for specific armour and weapons for the exact look they want) and reforging which although present in Destiny, only applies to very specific (Iron Banner) weapons. Garrisons, farming, new professions, and lots, lots more. These aren't base game shit, this is all stuff which comes out in expansions. In-between xpac patches contain more content than an entire DLC for Destiny, and are free.

Yes the game is subscription based but this is negated by the fact that it's a single platform game. Destiny is on 4 platforms, which probably outsell WoW each. The old "hardware restrictions" debate is also a load of shit as WoW is a decade old and even on launch, despite its bugs, had more content than Destiny will ever have.

Yes Destiny is a good game with a good social aspect and fluid gameplay but when the devs start expecting a pat on the back for doing what every other devs called "a daily job" then something's very wrong. If HoW was free, I'd be singing an entirely different tune but the fact that they have the audacity to charge for shit that so many game devs do for free and expect recognition for it as well, that means they're taking the piss.

Let's not forget who the cash cow is behind all of it. Activi$ion! I blame them. Bungie are puppets.

Diddums has pretty much nailed it.  Bungie want a pat on the back for shit that should be free or already done.

I've pretty much folded.  3 nightfalls and 2 raids in a few hours.  Bored.

Just bought battlefield 4 with the premium expansion included for £22.  Any others up for some battlefield shenanigans?

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

I made the mistake of buying the full pass when I bought BF4. Couldn't get on with the game (except one hilarious bizarre evening with Tam and Euan in a helicopter) and I'm afraid to load it again as I'd be swamped with all these goodie boxes!!

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

I made the mistake of buying the full pass when I bought BF4. Couldn't get on with the game (except one hilarious bizarre evening with Tam and Euan in a helicopter) and I'm afraid to load it again as I'd be swamped with all these goodie boxes!!

It definitely has a steep learning curve but is good when it all clicks.

Diddums has pretty much nailed it. Bungie want a pat on the back for shit that should be free or already done.

I've pretty much folded. 3 nightfalls and 2 raids in a few hours. Bored.

Just bought battlefield 4 with the premium expansion included for £22. Any others up for some battlefield shenanigans?

My homie! I'm always down for some BF4