Auto Rifles after yesterdays patch

Sennex

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything is a viable option, not neccessarily the best, but more than anything it should be fun for the person playing the game rather than their fun being dictated by statistics and numbers.

This here is exactly why they did this weapon balance. It wasn't about nerfing OP weapons; it was about making more weapons viable choices.

Yea, this is my thoughts on that though

People cry out to nerf over-powered weapons, but what if they aren't over-powered? What if all the other choices are just under-powered? The problem with Destiny is that a weapon's stats are used for both PvE and PvP, so when you try to balance a weapon for one if effects the other. This could be fixed in multiple ways by. First, they could create two variants of each weapon, one for PvE and the other for PvP which would in turn double the amount of weapons and the grind to find the variant you want. Second, they could split a weapon's stats between PvE and PvP. This won't increase the grind for players, but it will increase the work load for developers. Lastly, just turn all balancing changes into hidden modifiers within PvP and not directly to the weapons. Because the modifiers will be tied directly to PvP and not the weapons, PvE will be completely unaffected. That's just my take on the matter. I feel like I have good ideas that could be used, but I generally have a hard time expressing them so they might seem odd.

Pulsar's were totally underpowered. They were worthless regardless of the game mode. Same with Shotguns

Hand Cannons should not have been able to snipe across the maps. Sure, I loved that they did, but honestly, I get why they were changed. AR's were perfect though, if anything, give them a range Drop off (which they did), but they don't need a Damage Nerf. 

They just went about fixing this problem in the wrong manner.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

They said something to the effect of lowering weapons towards the weaker ones when balancing because if you raise everthing towards the higher ones everything just gets more and more powerful every time you balance.

Something like that, it made a lot more sense when they said it lol.

They said something to the effect of lowering weapons towards the weaker ones when balancing because if you raise everthing towards the higher ones everything just gets more and more powerful every time you balance.

Something like that, it made a lot more sense when they said it lol.

Yea, I remember that.

I guess my problem is when dealing with data and values you need to establish a Scale, and then things get placed on that scale. This change feels to me like they decided to change the scale and the weapons to meet their goal. They should have just changed the Weapons. Leave the scale the way it is

This is most likely because I am jaded all to hell when it comes to MMO's and nerf patches like this. There has never been one (a nerf Patch)that didnt absolutely break something.

I don't know if that makes sense

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I'm sure you'll get another blue gun soon.

Could be fun. Hell, maybe all blues. Would definitely be more challenging.

Ever since seeing that one on youtube ive thought a crap gun vog run would be a laugh.

Pt1 Destiny: The Vault of Glass - The Bad Exotic and Challenge Mode Edition ...:

Here's the thing good players don't care about what weapons they use,they will still get kills. They adapt to the game.

As a ex-Halo player the pulse rifles aka battle rifles or scout rifles aka DMRs rule in Halo PvP. It separates the good players from the normal.

Have any of you saw the video where the guy solos Crotas End with No Land Beyond. Strategy is more important than guns.

Plus I'll use any damn gun I want when I play. I'll run shit solo before someone dictates what I use

Just played 5 games of crucible souros does take a few more bullets, you can use pulse rifle I used oversoul edict, hand cannon fine but most noticeable was lack of fusion rifles which imo is a great thing.

The games were alot of fun.

This ^^^

If the buff/nerfs they did make the game more fun to play, then who really gives a shit about anything else? Or did we enjoy the Surous master race?!

I use hand cannons and shotguns 90% of the time anyway but after what in hearing about pulse rifles that may change

This is a great thread by the way....

Fun factor must dictate this, unless you're playing for another reason? I haven't tried it yet, but i suppose the good thing about the changes is that we have to adapt to change. I know there ia a phrase of 'if it ain't broke, then don't try and fix this' but that isnt the world we live in. Things evolve and we have to evolve with it. On that note, it doesn't sound like a big 'change' anyway.

I'd still love to drop the bloody souros!!

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I did about 10 Roc's last night.

Handcannons can still be sniped with. On the Valus run, I was hitting the first Lt in the tower, from where the cabal hover bikes are with Thorn.

Vanquisher took a full clip and a half on a Level 30 Minotaur on the Divisive Mind. My 123 Syzygy was about half a clip. Both fully upgraded.

I stopped even trying with my AR's after that.

I don't know about PVP, as I typically don't PVP. Glad you all got some variety, but all Bungie did in PVE was make a new flavor of the month.

Off to farm up a new Coin so I can buy the Universal Remote and learn shotguns.

Think I'll dust off my Bad JuJu/Obidisian Mind Warlock combo again..........

That will work.

As Chris said pulse rifles are now useful, shotguns are crazy good, yellow bar knights on patrol quick 2 shot.

After talking with Chris I bought the 3 little words I'm going to compare its slow fire high damage model in pvp to the time on target to see what works better.

I'm also now interested in the 2 to the morgue so pvp is going to take priority now, TBH bounties are getting dull just seen to be the same.

Also going to try the new inferno mode so it's a good time to grind for this stuff.

Should I buy Universal Remote?

Also, I need 10 more Roc's if anyone needs anything farmed up. This Bad Juju quest is a pisser.