Auto Rifles after yesterdays patch

Sennex

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get kinda pissed off with bungie.  I had an Invective, it was shit, so I sharded it.  Now a gun I kept has been made shit, and my Invective that should have been good is in the bin.  Making poor weapons relevant is a piss poor idea in my book.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

i cashed in some coins with xur for the shotgun but unless you stand toe to toe with the enemy it doesn't kill !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard you need the upgrade for range, if I get one I will use bounties to level it first.

I get kinda pissed off with bungie. I had an Invective, it was shit, so I sharded it. Now a gun I kept has been made shit, and my Invective that should have been good is in the bin. Making poor weapons relevant is a piss poor idea in my book.

It isn't a piss poor idea all the weapons should be relevant or why even have them in the game.

If we took what you say further why not just have VoC /fatebringer, ice breaker corrective measure job done.

What they should have done is leave the assault rifle damage alone and reduced effective range while buffing other things, but leaving poor weapons irrelevant is imo is just dumb... However they should have got it right from the start.

Oh and I've dismantled 2 invective and a sword breaker amongst a shit ton of pulse rifles and other shotties.

If never heard of a sword breaker til today. Sounds like it's beast

Charlie got one in crota last night, that boy is so lucky, his list of loot is pretty specail for someone who has only got a few raid completions in total. He picked up Souros regime and sword breaker in one run. I got my second light of the abyss and that's all

If never heard of a sword breaker til today. Sounds like it's beast

Charlie got one in crota last night, that boy is so lucky, his list of loot is pretty specail for someone who has only got a few raid completions in total. He picked up Souros regime and sword breaker in one run. I got my second light of the abyss and that's all

I don#t have much of a yardstick to go by but my Abyss Defiant doesn't feel all too strong. I'm still very much on the fence with it, I need a bit more time with it before I make a decision. The burn does however melt wizards which is great. 

banlol.png

I don#t have much of a yardstick to go by but my Abyss Defiant doesn't feel all too strong. I'm still very much on the fence with it, I need a bit more time with it before I make a decision. The burn does however melt wizards which is great.

That's pretty much all it will be good for, and solar burn nightfalls perhaps.

Been playing lots of crucible this morning. After the nerf I never bothered with auto rifles because I tried out the Abyss Defiant and it was dismal in pvp. I then went on to try loads of other guns but just couldn't find a groove. Thorn, Red Death, VoC, Bad Juju, to name but a few.

Then this morning I came up against a Up For Anything and it floored me every time so I gave it a go.

It is insane still, I don't even know how this can be remotely compared to the Abyss, the damage I'm doing with it is cray cray.

Try it for yourself, it changed pvp for me.

banlol.png

When I was looking for a new weapon I came across someone who destroyed with the up for anything so gave it a go and found it worked that's what lead me to the abyss defiant same stats better reload and stability, you say it's dismal in pvp but when the lobby is not an obvious lagfest I found it works more than fine I was topping leader boards with it.

Strange thing for me now is shotguns used to be useless for me now they destroy.

Oh and odd weapons to use I was messing about last night got a 34 kill nearly 6000 point game with badger ccl! We lost however next member of team only had 16 kills but it was close.

Up for anything with third eye and field scout/extra range has been my go to weapon for crucible recently.

I've trying out the oversoul edict and it just doesn't seem as reliable. But it's clear that PR's in general have a lot more of a competitive edge since the patch. Rather than the patch signifying the end of all AR usage