Street Fighter 5

Stretch616

I've just seen the initial trailer for this (i'll link it in shortly).

But there is going to be a massive talking point from this trailer. It's not game breaking mechanics, supers or anything actually related directly to the game. It was a little caption at the end of the trailer which read:

"Console exclusivity for the PS4"

This is a massive catch for Sony and will force alot of the fighting game scene onto the PS4 regardless of their personal preference.

I'm just surprised such a big named title which has historically been multi platform is going down this path. Must be a bucket load of cash that Sony threw at Capcom, but i think this will have a massive affect on the console wars next year

Never really liked Street Fighter. Controls always seemed clunky as fuck and the mechanics were very restricted. Also the physics were quite cumbersome. Compare those games to Tekken at the time and that was far superior. Fighting games have been a dying breed in the last few years with only a few games here and there though so this could rejuvenate the genre a bit. Exclusivity is a bit dumb just like the latest Tomb Raider fiasco - everyone going crazy about a game they wont even buy :lol:  

Welp, here's one Street Fighter fan that's disappointed.

It won't force me to get a PS4 or anything, that'd just be me blowing tons of munns on a console for just one game.

Good move financially, bad move socially.

DM9ON.png

Suprised at the lack of love for Street Fighter. For me it's been the fighting game of choice for some years now. The numerous iterations of SFIV showed that they weren't afraid to adress rebalancing issues seen through the amount of game play. Only MvC series has come close in terms of competitive play time. Everyone may know of the MK series but this has been plauged by issues when played at the highest level.

Anyways....

I thought the trailer looked pretty impressive. Nice depth in the backgrounds, fluid anime motions and more attention to detail in the character traits/specials. Time will tell, but there's no doubt that this is a big deal. It's just that everyone compares game sales to AAA titles like COD. This isn't COD and will never be close in that aspect, but there's no disputing that the SF brand is a big deal

Do you mean bad move financially, good move socially as you'd be able to talk to us all? ;)

If you think of it that way, yeah x)

But, like...sure, this will boost PS4 sale, SF5 being an exclusive. But for the scores of fans that reside on Xbox, it's a giant betrayal.

DM9ON.png

Little bit of gameplay from last night. Really enjoyed it, connection was smooth and the playstation was very similar to SF4 with some tweaks so it didn't feel like picking up a new game. Good idea to do this testing weekend as it's confirmed that this is a game I need in my collection now

That is a brilliant vid @Stretch616 thanks for sharing. The finish of the first fight was brilliant, was that the equivalent to like a Super in Destiny?

I've been debating between this or waiting for Tekken 7 to come out as I haven't had a beat 'em up for some time but this could swing it. May have a go later today to try it out.

Also, new character to join from DLC is Ed (see below). He was from some back stories in SF4 around Rose and Balrog.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Ending to the first fight was the super which uses all the meter bars (fireball moton-fireball motion-heavy kick). It's just difficult to do that input on a tiny opening but getting better at it.

Need to work on the target combos and the cancelling a bit more but I'm getting there!