Sony hacked again (but not PSN) What the actual fuck.

JsinOwl

http://www.ibtimes.com/sony-hacked-psn-safe-computer-system-offline-after-malicious-threat-report-1729073

Imagine sitting down at your office and turning on your desk computer only to be met with an image of a skull accompanied by a threat. That’s exactly what happened to employees at Sony Pictures Entertainment, which announced that it had no choice but to shut down its computer system Monday out of self-preservation.

Word of the hack originated with an anonymous Reddit post and was later confirmed by Deadline. The origin of the hack is still being investigated, Sony said, but the size and seriousness of the situation was never in doubt.

Employees around the world were instructed to disconnect their computers and stay away from email thanks to a message reading, “We’ve already warned you, and this is just a beginning. We continue till our request be met. We’ve obtained all your internal data including your secrets and top secrets. If you don't obey us, we'll release data ... to the world. Determine what will you do till November the 24th, 11:00 p.m. GMT.”

The threat was signed “Hacked by #GOP,” which stands for Guardians of Peace. The hacking group claims that it will release a trove of “secrets” if its unmentioned demands were not met. Employees told Variety they were instructed that the technical issues, which come at the dawn of the holiday shopping season, could take three weeks to resolve.

qXNgFVz.jpg

The infiltration also comes after a high profile data breach on the PlayStation Network in August as well as another in 2011 that resulted in the loss of millions of Americans' personal information. Sony has denied that the PSN has been hacked again.

“This is bad for Sony’s reputation, and it could be potentially worse if customers suffer financial loss and litigation follows against the competency of the company whose responsibility it is to protect their customer data,” Mark Skilton, a Warwick Business School professor who specializes in cybersecurity, said. “Providing a solid cyber strategy is getting harder when intrusion monitoring and prevention is clearly insufficient, as it appears to be in Sony’s case.”

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't find any mention of the "demands". I really don't understand why Sony is a favorite target, they're not any kind of controversial or offensive company. 

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

I couldn't find any mention of the "demands". I really don't understand why Sony is a favorite target, they're not any kind of controversial or offensive company. 

I can't figure out why they're a favorite target either.  The only thing I can think of is maybe there's something we don't know, but they (the hackers) do.  Maybe that's what they're talking about exposing... "secrets and top secrets"   Where's Spectre when you need him?  :)  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Where's Spectre when you need him?   :)

i'll take this one. 

this is all about Sony denying Marvel's rightful claim to the Spider-Man cinematic character.  everyone knows Spider-Man movies would be ten times better being made by Marvel, placing the character alongside the rest of their characters where he belongs.  Sony is just paying the price for keeping what has never truly belonged to them.

Fox and the X-Men are next.

i found proof on the internet so it's true, sheep.

(that was usually how it went, right?  i might be a little rusty, but if memory serves his MO was always to take something that happened and make it personally relevant to him by tying it to an issue he cared about despite having no evidence of anything.)

man, today's been a nice little stroll down memory lane, lol.  first Auptyk, now Spectre -- i'll just name-drop Wobblesock here and now the trifecta is complete.

Xbox was also hacked yesterday apparently, by lizard squad, who attacked PSN a few weeks back...

They say they plan more attacks over Christmas period... Surprised no one mentioned this before, nobody cares about Xbox anymore HAHAA!

blackops2sig.jpg

i'll take this one. 

this is all about Sony denying Marvel's rightful claim to the Spider-Man cinematic character.  everyone knows Spider-Man movies would be ten times better being made by Marvel, placing the character alongside the rest of their characters where he belongs.  Sony is just paying the price for keeping what has never truly belonged to them.

Fox and the X-Men are next.

i found proof on the internet so it's true, sheep.

(that was usually how it went, right?  i might be a little rusty, but if memory serves his MO was always to take something that happened and make it personally relevant to him by tying it to an issue he cared about despite having no evidence of anything.)

man, today's been a nice little stroll down memory lane, lol.  first Auptyk, now Spectre -- i'll just name-drop Wobblesock here and now the trifecta is complete.

Lee may have some theories that are out there, but he's genuinely a good person.  I hate that he was run off of this site.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

He wasn't run off this site. He got up in everyone's faces and wouldn't leave people alone despite them making it fairly obvious that they weren't interested. We even gave him an entire sub forum so that like minded folks could join him.

He ended up banned somehow, still no idea how that happened but I rectified it and he hasn't returned.

For what it's worth I really enjoyed reading his stuff. If you took it with a pinch of salt it was entertaining stuff, much of which made sense if you squinted a bit. As far as a conversationalist goes, he was top notch and I'd welcome him back any day of the week.

He wasn't driven away, he chose to leave.

banlol.png

Lee may have some theories that are out there, but he's genuinely a good person.  I hate that he was run off of this site.  

i never doubted that -- i fully believe you can be a good person and not have a shred of accountability when it comes to the ideas you attempt to sell others.  i was bummed to see him go too -- you know that.  but you really can't say he didn't have enough opportunities to be a member here instead of a blogger. 

i think he's a good guy, but i also think he wanted to be a martyr (figuratively) for his ideas . . . so he just kept being a dick even though he knew he was being a dick until everyone got tired of him being a dick.  that's honestly the fairest assessment i think haha.

. . . all that aside, i'm genuinely sorry if this offended you because it wasn't my intent.  on the other hand, it was pretty accurate.  and i'd challenge you to tell me just how this place could have accommodated that dude even more than everyone tried to.  honestly.  his own sub-forum.

all i'll say is that when Spectre got banned, the real loser was Lee.  this place did a lot more good for him than he did for it, and you'll probably never convince me otherwise.  sadface.

oh, and the other thing i'll say is that i found a YouTube comment he made on a conspiracy theorist channel that mentioned me by name!  (pretty much, anyway -- he was making fun of "Pacifists.")  nice to know you're still on someone's mind, you know?  i took a screenshot, never posted it because i figured what was the point, but now maybe i'll go look for it.

So what we saying then, Spectre hacked Sony? I'm confused.

Sorry, crap joke to get us back on topic :)

Cyber crime and espionage is pretty damn scary, I hope my free Avast security is up to the job :D

It does play tic tac toe (naughts and crosses) pretty well ;)

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

He wasn't run off this site. He got up in everyone's faces and wouldn't leave people alone despite them making it fairly obvious that they weren't interested. We even gave him an entire sub forum so that like minded folks could join him.

He ended up banned somehow, still no idea how that happened but I rectified it and he hasn't returned.

For what it's worth I really enjoyed reading his stuff. If you took it with a pinch of salt it was entertaining stuff, much of which made sense if you squinted a bit. As far as a conversationalist goes, he was top notch and I'd welcome him back any day of the week.

He wasn't driven away, he chose to leave.

I was wondering what happened to him. Cheers for the heads up Dave.

I liked Lee and his in-depth scrutiny of political and world affairs but some of his theories were a bit far fetched and bordering on the farcical. I respected his thoughts regarding some things but in most cases; he would make a mountain out of a molehill of things and think there was always an ulterior motive behind events that would happen in the world. In the end, he seemed to use these boards more for spreading his 'illuminati' propaganda than taking a step back and having a balanced view of situations. Last I saw of him I think was in the Elliot Rodger thread where he even managed to concoct a media conspiracy behind that.   

My choice of words was wrong, I understand he wasn't driven away, and I shouldn't have put it that way.  And, Leper, I didn't take offense to anything you said, sorry if it came off that way.  

I just miss having him around.  I like reading viewpoints that are off the beaten path.  He was certainly one who fit that description.  I still talk with him a lot in e-mails, but I just miss seeing him around here.  

He was banned somehow, then he wasn't able to make posts even after being reinstated, so I think he just felt that he was pushed away.  

Anyway... any word on Sony getting hacked?  I hope these shitheads don't fuck up the Dark Below on Tuesday.  

Anyway... any word on Sony getting hacked?  I hope these shitheads don't fuck up the Dark Below on Tuesday.

Yep, see the link in my post about halfwayup the page Tommy....NK is in the frame at the moment

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

My recollection is that he was banned because a lot of the stuff he posts is not far removed from the go kill a cop crazies that were in the news at the time. A move I agree with, but that's a topic for another day.

sorry to derail; back on topic:

http://gawker.com/sony-hack-reveals-25-page-list-of-reasons-it-sucks-to-w-1666264634

kinda funny, even if i think the whole hacking thing is stupid.  it's actually nice to know for sure what you've suspected all along -- that the executives who give Adam Sandler money feel the same way about his movies as the rest of us.

My recollection is that he was banned because a lot of the stuff he posts is not far removed from the go kill a cop crazies that were in the news at the time. A move I agree with, but that's a topic for another day.

This.  It's easy to be "indepth" when you can make up facts and have no accountability.  If you miss that sort of thing, head over to infowars or a "prepper" blog, read the stuff he would chew and regurgitate here, and have your fill.  I'm quite satisfied to not have someone who sides with the idea we live in some vast dictatorship conspiracy, the idealogy that lead some folks to assassinate police officers.  We have the power of the ballot, the power of the bullet's day is over in this country.

Doc, you're one of my favorite humans ever. Full homo.

It's becoming apparent that North Korea was behind this due to The Interview movie. Though I think the most recent Spiderman debacle could also be involved as leper pointed out.