Vault of Glass rnd #2 - Sunday, October 12th

JsinOwl

It looks like this is actually going to happen, so it’s time to start planning.

First order of business, post up your (anticipated) level and the subclass you’re going to play. For reference, here is my guesstimation of subclass effectiveness all other things being equal:

1a) Titan Defender

1b) Warlock Voidwalker

3) Warlock Sunsinger w/Fireborn

4a) Titan Striker

4b) Hunter Gunslinger

6) Hunter Bladedancer

JsinOwl, Voidwalker, 28

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, so conservatively we have:

Jason, 28 Voidwalker

Stretch, 28 Voidwalker

Gary, 27 Defender

Sam, 27 Defender

Matt, 28 Gunslinger

Dave, 26 Gunslinger

Phase 1: Open the Vault of Glass

The two side sync plates are harder to defend than the center, so I'm thinking the Warlock/Defender pairs on the sides with the Gunslingers in the center. 

Perhaps:

Stretch and Sam: Left side

Jason and Gary: Right side

Matt and Dave: Center

The only thing you need to remember at this stage is keep the Praetorians the hell out of your white circle and call them out as soon as you see them. Everything else is secondary. (You do not personally need to remain in the circle.)

Thoughts? Yay, nay?

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

Nice, so conservatively we have:

Jason, 28 Voidwalker

Stretch, 28 Voidwalker

Gary, 27 Defender

Sam, 27 Defender

Matt, 28 Gunslinger

Dave, 26 Gunslinger

Phase 1: Open the Vault of Glass

The two side sync plates are harder to defend than the center, so I'm thinking the Warlock/Defender pairs on the sides with the Gunslingers in the center. 

Perhaps:

Stretch and Sam: Left side

Jason and Gary: Right side

Matt and Dave: Center

The only thing you need to remember at this stage is keep the Praetorians the hell out of your white circle and call them out as soon as you see them. Everything else is secondary. (You do not personally need to remain in the circle.)

Thoughts? Yay, nay?

Which part of the VoG are you refering to?

The very first pat when you have to open the Vault from the outside

ok that makes more sense now. What about the other parts of the VoG? I have seen many people do the second part different ways. I have seen Hunters stay up top and not jump down and help keep the center cleared. Then hop down to protect the white tower thingy's (lol).

My opinion,stay in groups of two. You can get overwhelmed easily. Someone can float to the middle to help out. If you stay up top the snipers will get you. You also have to worry about killing Oracles.

Don't split up to much but don't stand on top of each other either. There is no slayers in the vault. It's about teamwork and communication.

Just did the last part of VoG on PS3, wasn't prepared for it and we beat it with no Titans

With people that's did it before I presume? Plus no one said it couldn't be done without a Titan. It just makes since.

Plus I've watched it done with three people on hard. Then two people beat it on normal.

Some of you may want to check this out. It's a VoG strategy. Its in a PDF. Really well put together

http://jammerware.blob.core.windows.net/guides/vog.pdf

I read the whole thing, and from my first run through the VoG, it's very accurate and helpful.  I'd definitely recommend giving it a read if you plan on attempting the VoG.  Even if you don't understand and memorize every detail, it will help give you an idea of what you're in for.  Definitely read it.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

I have no clue what the hell is going on. I have seen the first bit when I was patrolling Venus and found one guy trying to do it on his own, I didn't know what was happening but it didn't seem too difficult unless it was scaled down...

He was probably just farming it w/ no intention of going inside.  You have to control 3 areas right from the start just to open the door to get started, impossible to do with one person.  

To say that it "didn't seem too difficult" is way off, lol, it's definitely challenging and requires top tier team work.  

Are you attempting it today w/ everyone?  Good luck man.  It's fun.  I highly recommend reading the guide Chris posted.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png