Call of Duty Advanced Warfare | Multiplayer Reveal

J4MES OX4D

I've never been so uninterested in a game before. It's all the same things with different names and different skins. The things that are new... I'm just not interested in. Spike drones, tracking drones, a frag grenade that probably does no damage... Oh Call of Duty, I feel that the end is here for me.

tumblr_m2ienvKRMM1qfbvj1.gif

Looks kinda like BO2 on crack. So in one way i'm happy but i am worried about the amount of movement involved. As Euan said i'm worried that the scufless will be on a different level.

It was also nice to see they weren't afraid to use previous developers ideas and give them credit. And Ghosts wasn't mentioned once!!

I was thinking the same about scuf, and I was looking at them the other day actually. However the EMR (electro magnetic remapping) feature isn't yet available on ps4, meaning you have to specify before build and purchase of what button you want the rear paddles to mimic. so I have held off for a while. Hopefully they get it added soon, it does say coming soon...

blackops2sig.jpg

I don't really see a problem with the jumping, it was in destiny and I didn't have a problem with it, the only problem is that this double jumping and boost jumping is in the game at all IMO sucks.

Need to take a better look but so far...nowt that jumps out pardon the pun.

No theater mode!

I think this is down to the game hass being created for next gen which have an in-built capture card (although it never works for me, and uploads to Facebook so it's shit).

The more I watch, the more excited I get. I'm sick and tired of the colour choices Ghost went for, grey with a side of grey, so having colourful maps and enemies you can see is great.

Going to have to buy a new headset for this game, it might be my hobby over the winter!

I think this is down to the game hass being created for next gen which have an in-built capture card (although it never works for me, and uploads to Facebook so it's shit).

The more I watch, the more excited I get. I'm sick and tired of the colour choices Ghost went for, grey with a side of grey, so having colourful maps and enemies you can see is great.

Going to have to buy a new headset for this game, it might be my hobby over the winter!

I would imagine that's the reason why! I will watch you guys play this game. I like watching streams.

tumblr_m2ienvKRMM1qfbvj1.gif

/ One of Swords / Blog / 2014 > August > 11

ONE OF SWORDS

CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE MULTIPLAYER REVEALED

Posted by OneofSwords in One of Swords on Aug 11, 2014 12:09:12 PM

Earlier this year, Sledgehammer Games promised to change the way we play Call of Duty and today at Gamescom, they delivered upon that pledge with the debut of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare’s multiplayer. With brand new mobility mechanics, new modes, expanded character customization, the new Pick 13 loadout system, supply drop loot, and more, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare introduces some of the most significant and sweeping changes in the franchise’s history.

At the center of it all is the exoskeleton, which allows players to boost jump to new tactical positions, quickly dash around enemies and behind cover, use an accelerated slide, and deal a crushing melee blow from above with the boost slam. On paper, it may sound like a simple change in movement, but in practice, it creates a frenetic new style of combat and map traversal.

The controls are fluid and intuitive. Need a quick change in altitude? Double tap the jump button to leap to a nearby rooftop. Want to blast forward, midair? Push forward and in on the left joystick. Coming under heavy fire and need to reach cover quickly? Push in on the left joystick to either side. It’s simple enough that anyone can take advantage of the new movements, but true to Call of Duty’s roots, time, practice, and skill will make the exoskeleton an even more effective and deadly tool.

To complement the verticality and swift movement offered by the exoskeleton, Sledgehammer Games has brought a fresh approach to map design. Four new maps were unveiled today — Biolab, Riot, Ascend, and Defender — and each preserves the tight, strategic gameplay that Call of Duty is known for, but adds new elevated vantages and pathways, like rooftops and other structures. There’s plenty of room to let the exoskeleton loose, but the layout keeps players in the thick of the action and the pace high.

However, the exoskeleton affords more than just mobility; it unlocks an entirely new class of combat abilities, like temporary cloaking, a rapidly deployable mobile shield, an integrated trophy system for disabling incoming grenades and rockets, and even the capacity to hover in mid-air.

It’s all anchored by Advanced Warfare’s new loadout system, Pick 13. Building upon the Pick 10 system introduced in Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Pick 13 lets players personalize their armaments from top to bottom through the careful allocation of 13 loadout points, which can be applied to weapons, attachments, lethals, perks, wildcards, and now, for the first time, scorestreaks.

It’s all about versatility and fine-tuning a loadout to match any play style. Players can deck out their primary with attachments or they can take only a knife and invest heavily in perks and scorestreaks, which for the first time, can be customized with new abilities. For instance, a remote turret can be upgraded to a rocket turret with the option to rip the head off and carry it around as a heavy weapon. Upgrading a scorestreak doesn’t count towards your Pick 13, but it will increase the in-match score required to earn it.

There are also new co-op scorestreaks, where two players can work together using a single scorestreak. For instance, if one player calls in a Warbird airship, any other member of their team can jump in and tag targets for the gunner.

In addition to the countless configurations offered by Pick 13, Advanced Warfare introduces a new loot system, known as Supply Drops. With three rarity levels — Enlisted, Professional, and Elite — players can earn rewards as they progress and complete challenges. Included are weapons with a distinctive look and unique attributes, uncommon character gear, and one-time use items, like scorestreaks and perks.

By acquiring rare equipment and weapons, players will stand out in the new Virtual Lobby, which presents each player as their fully rendered character for all to see. The look of your character can also be enhanced by a large selection of personalization items, like helmets, shirts, vests, gloves, pants, knee guards, eyewear, and more as part of Advanced Warfare’s Create an Operator system.

What’s more, any newly acquired weapon or attachment can be tested out between matches from the new Virtual Firing Range. Now, instead of taking an unfamiliar weapon into battle, players can get a feel for a weapon’s performance right from the menu.

At launch, there will be 12 modes in multiplayer, and Sledgehammer Games has confirmed series staples like Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Hardpoint, Domination, and Search & Destroy will return in Advanced Warfare. However, there will also be new gametypes, like Uplink and Momentum. Uplink pits two teams against each other for control of a satellite drone, which must be carried by a player to the opposing team’s uplink portal. The carrier is left vulnerable without their weapon and teams must work together to keep their carrier safe and the drone out of enemy hands. Momentum, on the other hand, is based upon War introduced in Call of Duty: World at War, which tasks teams with controlling five consecutive capture points to win. As teams rack up kills and gain control of each contested point, the capture speed picks up, resulting in an epic tug-of-war.

For competitive play, Advanced Warfare will support a variety of eSports features, like ranked playlists, LAN lobbies, enhanced broadcaster, and more.

But this is just a sampling of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare’s multiplayer and eSports offering. There’s tons more to dig into and Sledgehammer Games will reveal more closer to the game’s release in November.

In the meantime, check out CallofDuty.com and follow @CallofDuty and @SHGames on Twitter.

It's basically a futuristic cod with halo jumping, get them fingers limbered up because halo jumping is back! :)

Like Euan, i'd suggest learning how to play claw, it'll give you a massive advantage over loads of people or pay (omg just looked it up) £109.99 for a scuf!!  :lol: That's fucking insane!

Hey! I just had a positive thought...

With all this new jumping about hovering around etc, all the kids are gonna be jumping round like mad, therefor they won't be sitting in darkened corners!

I'd take people jumping around in front of my eyes, over people sitting in corners any day!

Also the other thing, the cloaking that we have seen so far deactivates when shooting also they always seem to be moving incredibly slow, I'm guessing we can still hear them stomping around when camouflaged...

blackops2sig.jpg

Like Euan, i'd suggest learning how to play claw, it'll give you a massive advantage over loads of people or pay (omg just looked it up) £109.99 for a scuf!!  :lol: That's fucking insane!

How much is a new PS4 controller? £50? If you had to buy a new controller anyway (say because you threw yours across the room) then a SCUF might be worth the £60 extra.

How much is a new PS4 controller? £50? If you had to buy a new controller anyway (say because you threw yours across the room) then a SCUF might be worth the £60 extra.

That's why I was looking at the scuf 4ps, one of my originals is no good, both triggers must be manually pulled back up once pressed and my 2nd only charges if I'm not playing with it. The amount I use them it would still be worth it in my case...

blackops2sig.jpg

Man, if I wasn't married and not going to Florida for a second time this year then I'd totally get one. Playing claw is fine but ideally I'd like a SCUF. I went back to my "normal" play style earlier with no claw and my shot was a little bit better but not being able to jump shot sucked so much, felt at a total disadvantage.