Call of Duty Advanced Warfare | Multiplayer Reveal

J4MES OX4D

How is everyone coping with the standard DS4 controller with FPS games on the PS4? I hated it will KZ:SF but wasn't sure if it was the game that was ropey or the controller. If I get AW for the PS4; I'd need an alternative controller. I was fine whenever I was on the PS3 but the latest one feels awkward to me. My left stick is also being worn out to buggery.  

In general I hate the sticks, they're too short and I don't like the head of them, I have a domed Kontrol freek on the right stick and it much better, but my left thumb dosent like the kontrol freek on the left it's too big, and the stock stick is too short my thumb cramps up.

If/ when I get a scuf, I'll get a medium length domed head on the left and a large length domed head on the right...

Apart from the sticks I like the DS4 a lot...

EDIT: the rubber has come off my left sticks aswell which makes it even more uncomfortable...

blackops2sig.jpg

In general I hate the sticks, they're too short and I don't like the head of them, I have a domed Kontrol freek on the right stick and it much better, but my left thumb dosent like the kontrol freek on the left it's too big, and the stock stick is too short my thumb cramps up.

If/ when I get a scuf, I'll get a medium length domed head on the left and a large length domed head on the right...

EDIT: the rubber has come off my left sticks aswell which makes it even more uncomfortable...

Exactly my issue when I was playing Killzone Shitfall. I've looked at getting additions to the sticks including the lifts and grips but I may just say fuck it and get a custom controller instead. The DS4 is fine for any other games especially the ones that don't rely on fast pace and continual movements but it was just a bit horrible in Killzone with sprinting and general moving. I'm more used to the Xbox controllers but even the PS3 one felt much more comfortable than the DS4 was for me. 

If the rubber is gone superglue a piece of sanding paper on it.

What's you guys view on this

Driftor explained his thoughts quite well in the video. The Battlepacks in BF4 were only useful for XP boosts but most of it was cosmetic crap. Guns also had unlocks such as some sights restricted to these which turned out to be a bit annoying as you couldn't unlock them any other way except by earning those weapon-specific Battlepacks. 

EA eventually started charging users to buy Battlepacks if they didn't want to earn them which was totally expected and I can see COD milking this also seeing Activision will be looking to expand on their tedious brand of microtransactions so far. 

What's you guys view on this

I love it. It doesn't replace normal unlocks (source: @CallOfDuty "XP progression exists as you know it. Supply Drops, our loot system, adds even more rewards and customization options.") so it's all extras. Mass Effect 3 has a crate system for all of its unlocks and it's addicting. "One more game and I can afford another pack...I got a cool toy in that pack, let me try it out for a few games...oh, one more game for a new pack..."

Scorestreaks leaked - not sure if it's solely the customisable ones or if this the whole lot. Paladin at 1000 surely isn't the top end?

original.jpg

There are more coming

@CallOfDuty "More scorestreaks. More scorestreak modules. You'll have to wait for November 4 to see them all."

I love it. It doesn't replace normal unlocks (source: @CallOfDuty "XP progression exists as you know it. Supply Drops, our loot system, adds even more rewards and customization options.") so it's all extras. Mass Effect 3 has a crate system for all of its unlocks and it's addicting. "One more game and I can afford another pack...I got a cool toy in that pack, let me try it out for a few games...oh, one more game for a new pack..."

Ah right, as long as you can progress as normal as well that's fine, driftors video makes it seem like this is the only way to unlock stuff.

Wonder what the unlocking system is this time? They'll probably do a Black Ops 2 one; a mix of challenge unlocks and prestige tokens along with Supply Drops for the cosmetics and a few other attachments and possibly pre-made gun and attachment combos. 

Very much doubt they'll follow IW and do bloody squad points. That made it so easy and by the mid-point for the 1st prestige; I had enough to unlock every weapon and attachment in the game. 

AW-Exo-Abilities1.jpg

• Exo Shield – A quick-deploy shield attached to your exo’s arm
  • Exo Overclock – Increased footspeed
  • Exo Stim – Temporary health regeneration beyond normal levels
  • Exo Cloak – Short duration visual concealment
  • Exo Hover – Short duration hovering in place
  • Exo Ping – Shows enemy movement and weapon fire in the HUD
  • Exo Trophy System – Destroys incoming grenades and rockets for a limited period of time