Beta discussion

L_C_Scipio

Me and Mat were on it last night. I've heard alot of people have had probelms with the download. Luckily mine went through in about an hour with no hiccups.

Going to write a bit more of an in depth first impression after work. But it's fricken awesome!!

I'm with Stretch on this - loving it so far! Everything seems so responsive and intuitive.... I wasn't too sure about being able to control the hover bikes but it was easy peasy

What I thought was excellent was you can team up with friends as a Fireteam of 3 virtually from the get go and play as a team on the campaign. Better than being stuck with a bunch of AI randoms! :)

Played for a few hours with Mazzer and Gary and we've reached the point (I think) where we can try multiplayer

I don't know if this game is a CoD/BF killer but it will certainly inflict some pain!

I think I'm gonna be sad when the beta runs out and we're left hanging to September!

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

It won't be a CoD killer due to the way the multiplayer is tied to the single player. Even the best players won't be able to dominate straight out of the box; it's going to take a lot of time and gear collection to be able to compete. Your stereotypical CoD gamer who does nothing but MP won't stick with this.

As an off-topic side note, everyone seems so anxious for there to be a CoD killer but in reality that would be bad for us as gamers. CoD got where it is because it didn't have any competition; any game that "killed" it would wind up the same way sooner or later.

I think Destiny will do well but my only concern would be that it wont stand the test of time come November when everyone jumps on the COD bandwagon regardless of how good it is. My worry about Destiny like many games we've seen so far is that it will just die a death overnight. Hype is more brutal than ever but Destiny seems to justify the hype but COD always has the knack of turning heads for the foreseeable. I think games like The Division could be the ultimate title to change gaming as it's something on another level. Destiny is unique for this generation as it's good quality and is coming in at a time where games are few and far between. 

A COD killer would be more than welcome as the more better games, the merrier. After how shit Ghosts was; AW has really stepped it up and that's what COD needed. They sat pretty too long on dated technology and a lack of forwarding ambition. Games like Destiny and AW will set the bar for what is expected. Considering that these titles were in production before Ghosts; it just shows how dreadful that game was. 

Aside from the hype; will Destiny beat the likes of Borderlands and Halo? Certainly the latter but time will tell. It's actually a real shame that the last gen was dominated by COD actually because the likes of Borderlands was an infinitely better experience and probably the best co-op game in existence. Shame more people didn't know about it because seems we're all crying out for a good game in the genre yet there was one sitting pretty years previous.

Hope Destiny is more than just a benchwarmer until November but I think this will be a good alternative away from the usual COD and all it's predictable annual nonsense. 

Still need to write a proper post, but i wanted to just touch on this COD killer thing.

Destiny is an awesome game, but it's a different animal to COD. COD is basically centred around PvP content, whereas Destiny's focus is more around PvE content. Plus i think Desiny is more of a MMORPGFPS(?!) than a strict FPS. It has a hell of a lot more in commom with Warframe than COD.

What i'm getting at is that Destiny will not be a COD killer as it's not the same game. However it sets the bar pretty high for what level of quality we should be expecting from now on, on next gen.

From what i've seen of Destiny so far. I don't think this will be a game to tide me over. It will become my no1 game and i'll maybe dabble in COD. It really depends on how AW turns out. There's nothing to go off at the moment as no MP info has been released, so as it stands i'm not that excites for it.

CoD doesn't need any help they are killing their selves.

Destiny will survive just fine. It's not based on their multiplayer. It's based off of the co-op. Problem with a lot of games is that it relies on the multiplayer aspect to be successful. If they support the game and do content the way they say they are. It will last a long time. Halo 1-3 were all great multiplayer and campain games.

I've decided not to play the beta, as much as I would like to, I want it to be fresh and exciting when it actually releases. At least that's what I am saying today, I still may break down and download it. Lol

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

I've decided not to play the beta, as much as I would like to, I want it to be fresh and exciting when it actually releases. At least that's what I am saying today, I still may break down and download it. Lol

In other words you'll continue playing Warframe

I don't care whether its a COD killer I have just been wanting something different that I can spend some time on, battlefield has killed COD for me at the moment so Aw is going to have to pull it out the bag for that to change, I've dabbled with other games but nothing has got me as interested as destiny playing the alpha and now the beta has only made me want to explore this game more, I love the way it looks and plays my only concern is it doesn't become too overly complex.

Am I right in thinking the multiplayer aspect matches up similar level guardians because if not that could get frustrating.

Supposedly multiplayer matchmaking will be skill based. In other words, you'll have to spend your first few hours getting the crap kicked out of you.

I think I'm going to pass on the beta. I started it up and saw that it takes you to the very beginning of the story, which I don't want spoiled before I can play the whole thing. I'm surprised they decided to do that with a beta.

Supposedly multiplayer matchmaking will be skill based. In other words, you'll have to spend your first few hours getting the crap kicked out of you.

I think I'm going to pass on the beta. I started it up and saw that it takes you to the very beginning of the story, which I don't want spoiled before I can play the whole thing. I'm surprised they decided to do that with a beta.

I don't know many Betas for MMORPG's that don't start you have start at the very beginning.

The revamp of all this is seriously nice. I loved it last time it was open for us, and this time its even better, its insane just how good this game is. My only concern is the end game content, i have a feeling it is going to be hard core group oriented. 

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

You have to hit level 5(I think) then go to the tower where there will be a prompt to talk to someone who invites you to the crucible. It then opens up as an option in the planet screen

I found it by accident, not very clear at all

Thanks I just hit level 6 I think went to look round the tower probably found it by accident last time I'll check it out later.