The Best Video Game Story

Was thinking about this recently wondered what your guys favourite video game storyline is. We are ignoring every other aspect of the game here gameplay / graphics etc, purely just the plot / story only what is your favourite ever? 

It’s a bit of a generic answer but mine will always be the original Halo trilogy. If I had to pick a specific one it would be Halo 3

Honourable mention Ghost of Tsushima 

cba

Love this topic! There are so many great stories in video games now. It’s hard for me to choose but I would have to go with God of War (2018) and God of War Ragnarok. 

Some honorable mentions:

- Last of Us & Last of us part 2

- Red Dead Redemption 2

- Gears of War 1-3

- Star War Fallen Order & Survivor 

2 hours ago, WelchyTV said:

Love this topic! There are so many great stories in video games now. It’s hard for me to choose but I would have to go with God of War (2018) and God of War Ragnarok. 

Some honorable mentions:

- Last of Us & Last of us part 2

- Red Dead Redemption 2

- Gears of War 1-3

- Star War Fallen Order & Survivor 

Take last of us part 2 off and you have a good list 🤣

cba

For me I have a few, I think it would be really difficult to choose 1 -

Trails of Cold Steel - These are JRPG's with a sort of Westernised story i.e. when you really look beyond the JRPG element of it with the cutesy characters, females with big chests it plays out like a game of thrones style of thing with some of the politics going on.

The Witcher - For this to be on none of your lists so far it is criminal. This for me is just the best game full stop. The story is brilliant and only adds to it.

The last of us PT 1 - That has to be on anyone's list, the relationship between the two characters and the journey they go on.

Chrono Trigger - This game takes you through so many worlds and there is some really creative elements within.

Final Fantasy IX - For me it's like going to the theatre in the way the story is told, the relationships and then they way life & death is explored. I mean certain moments with Vivi are heartbreaking.

Luseth.png

On 5/3/2024 at 7:11 AM, LordBaguette said:

It’s a bit of a generic answer but mine will always be the original Halo trilogy. If I had to pick a specific one it would be Halo 3

Not generic mate. Just pure quality this one was and defined alot of what pinnacle console era stories needed to aim for in my opinion. Unpopular opinion would be Destiny. Its been a fascinating ride in terms of story, and some great missions and world it has created, even if we all probably hoped some of the background lore would've been in the game more.

Recently, I would say the Hogwarts Legacy had a great storyline. Really inviting and made you want to keep playing more and more. Again, the world setting just makes such a difference.

And its hard not to give Final Fantasy 7 a mention in here. Some of the best characters made in a game, that were also playable.

Forum Signature Test.png

The last of us mainly due to how Joel and Ellie relationship through out the game bonded as if they were father and daughter.

The whole of the walking dead telltale series mainly due to the characters ones you think won't die and the last game you think the main character dies.

Am hoping they do another game as a different studio took over.

slamminbones.png

Having now completed Red Dead Redemption 2 I must add that into  the mix 🙂 It's a huge game but the story is brilliant and well written, good pacing and it's not always predictable what is going to happen next.

Luseth.png